The Whirly Dirly ConspiracY - Ahh, SCROG IT!

Ya I checked their site and YouTube couldn’t find video.

I PM’d you the link in the lab.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. I feel better about hitting 88 now @dbrn32 @Bogleg

7 Likes

Yes, it’s in my bedroom.

2 Likes

Appreciate the chart my friend, going to the garage to pick out some good ones now! Great lookin scrog, I assume a man could set one up outdoors??

2 Likes

Your killing it @Budbrother those are some dense nuggets

2 Likes

Absolutely can do it outside. Try reading this Outdoor SCROG Challenge

1 Like

I don’t tuck my scrogs anymore. I have had too many stalks split from branches pulling in opposite directions and it’s too hard to get under the net to tuck and harvest.

I let the branches grow thru the net on their own till they are four to six nodes above the net then supercrop and twist tie down. One time and the net is full then I let it grow or flower depending on whether I want just colas or taller plants. I like taller plants so I have lots of hash scraps.

8 Likes

Great read/advice, think I’ll definitely give it a go next year. Thank you sir

10 Likes

This is exactly how I do it now too. I tried the tucking thing the first three attempts and I always ended up either losing control of it, or like Stomper said, splitting stems/stalks. I definitely prefer going over the top of the net and tying it back down… I am harvesting a plant today that I finally think I trained right to the screen, so I’ll have a better idea if this plan worked for me later tonight… but from all appearances it appears to be almost entirely larf free for a change.

6 Likes

Okay group I have a question if I can for the outdoor growers I struggle and wring my hands over temps getting above 80 and start taking drastic measures before 85 hits . That said I see big gorgeous plants growing outside in areas I know for a fact are hitting the low to mid 90s on a daily basis and thrive . So WTF am I not getting about how weed knows the difference in where heat comes from?

4 Likes

Morning @Stomper hows it been ? I just fimmed the crew this morning as they were starting to get the 4th set of fan leafs so I will possibly try that next time . Plus I have a variety of Banner’s, Gold leaf and white widow not sure but I think the BB looks like it is going to need more room than the others . I will fimm it one more time and gold leaf then top the widows and start pushing nutes and let them just do what they do

3 Likes

@Oldstoner I grow out side and we had a heat wave hit and for over a week it was 100 plus all I can say is that at the end of the day it is a weed it will grow and do your best to keep the ground cool I was watering twice a day with a gallon of water each time that’s all I was doing

3 Likes

The answer to how do they know temps is answered in (#46) the BlackDog LST link above. It’s not the what you think.

2 Likes

In veg, I don’t have issues with 90s. It’s normal summer time heat. Just need good airflow and humidity. Keep em watered.

2 Likes

My outdoor plant usually are just begging for water in these 100 degree days. I always add peat to my outdoor mix. Problem solved.

The rains have been killing me this year. It hasn’t stopped raining all the damn time here. Problem compounded. I’ve have just started tossing some 20-20-20 chemical fertilizer on the top of the soil. Figured let the rain replace what it washes away each day. I have stunted plants, but I still have plants. Lost plenty already to bud rot, but that’s why I prefer indoor growing.

6 Likes

In heavy rain areas you might replace peat with sand for drainage. During the hottest times you can ice the rootball to help it thru. That’s an old trick to keep high altitude flowers growing at lower hotter temps.

5 Likes

This year has been different than most. I haven’t seen daily raining since the early 90’s. If only Mothe Nature would’ve just given me a heads up before I mixed up my soil.

3 Likes

Mowing and I found a baby growing. About damn time; it’s been years.

13 Likes

Pineapple Haze??? :joy:

7 Likes