The Whirly Dirly ConspiracY - Ahh, SCROG IT!

Haha, that’s awesome! I saw them here in Vegas, at some upstairs venue on the strip, right next to the M&Ms Store. Can’t remember the name…anyway, it was a tiny place, and they had covered the walls with paper and plastic. We heard people unfamiliar saying “what’s all this for?”…oh, this is gonna be fun…

2 Likes

I’m a pruner. I spent 2 hours arranging my screen before I watered last night.

I use my zip ties backwards for easy removal. Plus you never know when you will have to move a faster growing branch. I prune the weaker ones away to make room for thicker, more well developed branches.
What a difference a day makes. The just woke up all happy with their new do’s :hugs:

Heather (lft) isn’t topped. I like to run my screen to maximize that top cola production. Here’s what worked out this time around.

Thanks for peepin’ my grow :wave:

11 Likes

Looks like it filled that screen in really fast.

1 Like

Thanks for your demo on the proper way to scrog. I think what you are doing looks perfect ! Is that just a piece of chain link fence ? That’s what I need before I attempt another scrog. Tried the net with bigger spaces and ran out of places to tie the branches down. How high do you set your scrog ? Is there a particular strain that you would recommend ? Something not to finicky.

Yes @Pat2 that’s a chain link fence scrog. My holes are 2.5” apart. It’s really more something solid to anchor to on top, as I spread the tops out. My scrog leaves just enough room to water and work the bottom of the screen. I just measured it - 8.5” from soil to screen. If I had to pick a strain for someone that can absolutely kill a scrog and loves moderate pruning, first thought is Sour D :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Here is the underside of my screen. I lollipoped the gals weeks ago, but I’ll give it a week before I clean those tucked leaves off there.

• If you look close, you can see several different ways I weight down branches. 3 if you don’t count zip ties :laughing:
4 Likes

And I’m seeing two plants, correct ? Your setup is similar to mine. I just need to find a piece of fence.

Are those ten gal pots ?

5 gal pots

Looking amazing!! If I can get close to that Ill be a happy camper.

Is that a dehumidifier I see in the back of your tent ? And what is going on with the inverted Solo cup ?

Also @Budbrother , what is the soil your growing in ? It looks like sand in the picture. Sorry for twenty questions, but I am doing my sponge impression today. :slight_smile:

Siesta Key beach sand.

1 Like

My humidifier is located outside the tent. I have a black tower fan in the back on a paint can and some 1/2” boards. The Solo cup covers the humidity sensor. Stupid design, it’s not waterproof; hence the cup, for any foliar feedings. Setup is shown at the top of the topic. Growing in FFOF, kelp powder, castings, dolomite lime, blood and bone meal, seabird guano & gypsum. Have to try that sand on my next trip down to Naples. Sit on the beach and smoke a J with a friend. You must mean the perlite top I added. I water with a gallon sprayer, and was getting some nutrient splash/misting on the bottom leaves. Not a big deal, true; but I do have 2 ft.³ of perlite to use.

2 Likes

Screening a Sour Diesel…

I’m letting the tops form little colas now instead of continuing to tuck her.

4 Likes

Hey, Brother, here is your Sherbert Cookies…

Increased Sheriff activity has me a little uneasy out here lately. What about your area? I’ve heard they are going to be increasing their activity out here in the forest.

I’ve seen three on my road in the last week…

7 Likes

Be safe, friends!

4 Likes

My entire yard is fenced in, so they need a warrant just to get to my front door. Nothing can be seen from the road, which is why I’ve kept them so low.

6 Likes

It’s gonna get worse out there. Remember that several counties, ours chiefly, decided to ban the medical that was passed 2 yrs ago. It’s only gonna get worse. They are now flying lower and further out than ever before. I still have choppers flying a grid pattern all around my area 2x a month. They also started searching months earlier than normal. Yeah, good luck there, with all the surrounding green fuqn fanciests. I’ve never seen it this bad. Soo happy to be growing inside! The gorilla grow got ravaged by bud rot. My 1/3 share is now budder.

6 Likes

That sucks man I’m sorry y’all gotta deal with that I’d be super paranoid all the time

3 Likes