The Watchman's First Grow Journal

Ok here are a couple much better pictures.

Yikes…that’s an unfortunate sight. Sorry to see it but like stated above. Try to get it out to minimize damage.

1 Like

Check out @garrigan62 tobasco/cigarette juice… or ofcourse the alcohol route

1 Like

What is the alcohol route? Other than what has already been stated I have no idea what to do here. Can someone explain the disinfection process? And then as advised I will remove that area of the plant.

1 Like

Read this one and also Macgyvers on mold … I mixed up my recipes earlier … disregard the tobacco one .lol that’s mites

2 Likes

Here’s one more…

2 Likes

Looks like mold, or webs from spider mites. Either isn’t good.

1 Like

I think I am going to try to spray down with the baking soda water solution and cut that area out. Susie is close enough to being done I am going to go ahead and cull her even though she hasn’t really been flushed yet unless you guys think I should wait. Sally is the one that is having the issue and that is the only place I see anything. When I tried to collect a sample the material acted like webbing does when you touch it. I don’t know if the WPM acts the same way or not.

I would suggest using a 50/50 solution of 3% peroxide and distilled water. Spray the plant; really wet it down. Pay particular attention to flower and undersides of leaves. Add as much airflow as you can and finally the only thing that really cured wpm for me was the addition of a dehumidifier to the grow space.

2 Likes

Incredible instruction thank you! Getting right on that. Dehumidifier I should be able to order in about 2 days if I can still get one from amazon. Already have it on my wish list. Thank you so much. Im living the whole when it rains it pours thing right now. With all the craziness in news with the Cerveza Bug, an order I got for 200 decals, and now this. Im ready for a drought and apparently the plants are too. LoL

2 Likes

You have mould most likely, could be webbing but mould spores spread soooooo easy!

Cut it off Very aggressively! Bag it and toss it out of the house asap.
Control your humidity, if you have gnats deal with them asap! Let the soil dry, put DE on the soil and yellow stickies up.

I lost 3/4 of my plants to mould and it started off very small like yours.

You will need to bud wash all your buds when you harvest if you make it that far.

1 Like

The dehumidifier will be helpful in the last couple of weeks before harvest as the low RH promotes trichome production as a defense mechanism. I always run mine flat out the last couple of weeks. If I could hit 20% at harvest I’m happy with that RH.

2 Likes

Ok I have a question. This just started happening. I did do something different about 3 days ago. My Ghydro filter was just not cutting it. So I bought a TerraBloom filter. It came with a black and a white prefilter. I installed the white one. Just kind of wanted to throw that out there in hopeful thought. Any possibility that is fibers from the prefilter?

don’t think so. my guess is mold. battled bugs and mold this grow. i’m a plant therapy convert. fighting this stuff is so much work.

1 Like

What’s your RH been?

But yeah cut the plant off very aggressive, not just a little below effected, it sucks but try and save it now.

1 Like

With light on it stays right around 50%. At night with lights off it gets stupid high at times. Should I chop off the whole branch? I did notice a tiny little spot on other place.

Ugh… Not good man not good your fans on 24/7 yeah?
Why your RH so high? You need to vent your exhaust outside the house

Your on a covid 19 trend for your plant bro trust me I had this happen last fall.
Cut like a inch or 3 below effected area be very gentle and bag it spores are shedding off everytime your plant moves. Cut the other one two.

Take a pic of your plant how close are you to harvest?
You might have to harvest early man…
Get a dehumidifier asap!!!

1 Like

Yep sounds like I need to quarantine and isolate. I’d say Sally (the infected one) would have another 2-3 weeks to go. Susie is just starting to turn amber. She’s not flushed but she getting harvested tomorrow. I will do what I can for Sally and try to save her. I’d rather save one now than lose both later. In bed now. Will get busy in the morning.

1 Like

I forgot to mention the reason my RH is so high is that I live in the midwest. Outside humidity right now is 94%. It’s actually quite impressive how low I have been able to keep it. With the lights still out and an outside humidity of 94%, the tent is sitting at 62% right now. It’ll drop to around 50% when the light kicks on.

1 Like

Ahhh okay yeah, see my humidity is 30 in my house and even dryer outside.

1 Like