The sunset is purple and gold

Ok so this is day 3 and I’m not really expecting much, let’s take a peek. Oooooooh what is that a reflection of my shirt or is there something growing in there?

The moisture is much better!
Temp between 77 and 79 degrees F. The sprout is a gold leaf

I gave them just a sprinkle of warm water

3 Likes

Make sure your waters de chlorinated right…
Like sat out for 24hr or you have a carbon filter on it.

She’s alive!

2 Likes

i use just straight tap water… its actually pretty clean i have had it tested… not for chlorine though

1 Like

If it’s from the city it’s got chlorine.
I installed a carbon filter on my cold line under my kitchen sink. And still let my water sit for 24hr to make it room temp but yeah 5 gallon buckets come in handy.

1 Like

Getting ready to hit the hay and I thought what the heck let me take a peek, and to my delight I have 2 more sprouts, about her gold leaf and 1 of the sunset sherbert. I’ll take pics tomorrow.

1 Like

Good dreams now!

1 Like

Good morning all! What a beautiful day it’s starting out to be! Made my rounds around the farm and I come back to the house to get my started off with some breakfast. Well before I start to cook let’s take a look at the girls. Oh oh uh uh aaaahhh yes!!! To my surprise all seeds have sprouted!

4 Likes

Four days? All is good

1 Like

Well day 5 has been boring. Still good growth gave them a squirt of water and that’s about it. Temp around 79 degrees. These pics are before watering.
Starting the 18-6 schedule today. Up till now it’s been 24 hour light.

3 Likes

Ah ok so we are 6 days from seed drop and I have to say things are looking pretty good. The glasses are doing what I had hoped by keeping moister around the most valuable resource right now and that is the leaves. The roots have not gotten big enough yet so the plant absorbs through the leaves. They still have a curl to then I expect to see them straighten out over the next couple days. The gold leaf that sprout first is already flattening.

6 Likes

I’m new to all of this, but I didn’t think we wanted to spray the leaves and let water sit on the leaves while they are under the lights?
Is that not the case?

1 Like

I have not heard this. At this age it’s the best way for it to receive water because the roots are not developed enough yet by the next set of leaves I will remove the covers. At that time the roots should be good enough to start watering the soil. At that time I will start with the nutrients.

There are topical sprays or floral sprays that you can buy online to fight mold pest and to feed.

1 Like

That’s just an opinion, there are many of us that never spray our sprouts or use domes and just water the soil and they grow just fine and fast.

Like my sprouts at 5 days out of the ground, no spraying, no domes, just water in the soil, roots seem to work just fine from the beginning for me.

6 Likes

Your absolute right. This is just one of many technics people use. I typically put my seeds between warm damp paper towels between 2 plates then plant and water like your talking about. I wanted to try this way to see if there was any difference. The ideology behind the spraying is logical and makes since to me, but is it needed or required no it’s not.

3 Likes

I’m. With @Caveman86 and @Hellraiser I never spray unless it’s with a hose and I’m trying to get rid of aphids.

To many leaf damage issues to often.
You got sprouts though yahoo!

Keep giving them the love, attention & support

2 Likes

I think this is the end of the first week and the beginning of a new one. Yesterday would have been day seven and today is day eight. I’ve been busy cooking and getting ready for turkey day. The girls are looking really good and I think the doom will be coming off by the weekend. It has done a good job of keeping the moister in.
Here a group shot. On the left is the sunset sherbet and the middle is the purple haze and the ones on the right are the gold leafs

5 Likes

Looking good, a little bit of stretch starting to happen.
Drop your lights a bit to control this.
Voos your humidity as much as you can on these early weeks but all in all looking healthy.
Keep growing :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

Well I’m still rolling from room to room instead of walking after this amazing turkey day. Sorry I haven’t posted in a couple of days and I had a feeling that might happen, now for the rest of the story.
My dad came to stay the week last week. I knew this in advance and I also knew that I would not be able to show the girls love like I would want while he was here. This is the main reason for trying the glass over the seed. It helps maintain moister with out having to water. The strategy worked brilliantly. My girls got a good start and I didn’t have to worry.
So where are we now? Let me see so Sunday was day 7 from sprout. I’m a little disappointed cause they aren’t as big as I expected at this age. They still look like sprouts, so the glass is now off and it’s time to get back to business. I am not going to start nutes yet, I was to see a couple more leaves first. This comes directly from advanced nutrients. So I am going to hold off on any nutrients for right now maybe Wednesday or the weekend depending on how they are doing. I’m in training for a new job, so I will send pics later when I get a break.

Good call, must let them get strong and grow bigger they don’t need nutes they are trying o build roots.
Have a oicteue of what size they are? Is there a breeze on them?

1 Like

The might be 3 inches tall and yes I have 2 fans blowing. I haven’t turned the exhaust on yet, gonna wait on that for a bit.

1 Like