The start of something wonderful (shed build)

I’m not familiar with the term “sleepers”. Do you mean joists? I appreciate your help @Smokin_ernie!

Yeah @Smokin_ernie, I saw the pic again. Looks really nice and professional. I happen to have an abundance of roofing felt. Do you think that would work as an underlay instead of the plastic?

@oleskool830 Sleeper runs perpendicular to the joist. I had to look it up what a sleeper was as well. You lay a 2x4 flat then you build your floor joist on top of the sleeper. I forget why the sleeper is need I would have to look it up again. The layer of plastic is for a vapor barrier not too sure the felt would work. I think I have mentioned that construction is not my profession but thank you for the kind words.

2 Likes

Ahhhh! I see. Never heard that term. I think I will leave the cedar mulch and build floor as you suggested on top of mulch. It smells nice. Thanks my brother @Smokin_ernie!

One concern on leaving mulch I would think it will decompose over time and may cause some issues. It would be a shame to go through all the work.

1 Like

Good Point! It’s early and I’m old and high! Lol! Thanks @Smokin_ernie!

1 Like

Yep. Mulch could decompose & grow mold etc :+1:

1 Like

Wow what a day! No work today because of the snow which really didn’t amount too much but I will take it. So making great progress got all the plywood up on the walls.

Got 2x4 for lights and fans and filter. Put out some pots to get an idea of the room. 3 set for scrog they will be under led about 400 true watts. The rest of the pots will be autos under t5 4bulb.

Having some issues posting pics I try later.

@Tylan @SmoknGranny @Countryboyjvd1971 @Screwauger @bob31 @BIGE @70sChick

12 Likes

So for tomorrow I picking up floor materials and hopefully able to install it plus the panda film. The exhaust and intake needs to be cut out. Then I think I am close to having a test run. Oh ya the ceiling needs insulation and plywood.

3 Likes

looks good @Smokin_ernie take five!

4 Likes

@BIGE Got my feet up now! Lol

4 Likes

First pic will be the scrog and second one is for autos

5 Likes

Looking good my man. What are you putting down for flooring? Insulation is not cheap! What are you using?
Thanks @Smokin_ernie.

1 Like

I got some free fake hardwood. It is vinyl laminate or something. They just snap together we see how it goes. It should look pretty when done.

2 Likes

Free is good! Thanks for your help @Smokin_ernie.

1 Like

Hey hey, productive day! Nice work @Smokin_ernie

1 Like

Looking good :+1:. Just get use to the idea that you’re always going to be tweaking it :slightly_smiling_face: I’m excited to see your next harvest thriving in their custom built home.

2 Likes

Sweet going @Smokin_ernie! You’re going to have some good space for those girls :+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looks fantastic @Smokin_ernie, very well done! :+1: :smile:

It’s a man job :joy: :+1::+1::+1:. Why do you people don’t use plasterboard, it’s easy to work with that. I know the life time is much shorter but…