The sprouted one does but is short lived, and the other never sprouts up. What did I do wrong?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“I had my room set and chose to germinate strawberry and OG. The two strawberry popped by the next morning so I planted that afternoon, hoping for the two OG to follow suit. One did and one didn’t but I planted both anyway to see if it would sprout up with the strawberry. The sprouted one does but is short lived, and the other never sprouts up. What did I do wrong? Too much nutes? Do I need to have my light on longer than 18 hours? I just lost my favorite strain twice over and feeling a little sad inside. It was the OG kush that I attempted to grow. This is my first time using coco for an indoor grow and I make sure my ph is in between 6.7-7.0. I used your start nutrient 1/8 tsp to a liter. I am using a 1000w LED light which keeps the grow room between 76-82 degrees with 25-35% humidity. If it gets too hot, I open the door and let cool air flood in. Had a room fan but it just makes it hotter instead of cooler. I’ve never used Co2, not quite sure how to right now. … Please help me?”

@ILGM.Becky you’ve come to tbe right place. No nutrients until they get some leaves, the humidity needs to be higher than 50%, and if possible start them in a humidome so it stays moist. After sprouting it’s possible that you stuck them in too deep. 1/4” deep is plenty. Join the forum, we would love to help, we want you to be successful.
@bob31

2 Likes

I’m with @Covertgrower Becky ask that person to join the forum and we’d love to work with them to get them on track!

4 Likes

And you absolutely should not be feeding nutrients right now it will kill them

6 Likes

Im with @Hogmaster no nutrients
And joining the forum would make it easier to get the help tour asking for

1 Like

I never got any of my OG to sprout via any methods. Strawberry was pretty finicky. I’d suggest trying something more hardy like Super Skunk to start.

1 Like