The secret in my garden

3 out of 8 seeds sunk so far. Paper towel tomorrow evening sunk or not. Pretty excited to try this. If they start strong I just may start a few to hide around the yard.

3 Likes

All 8 seeds in paper towel all but 1 had sunk Now cross my fingers and wait for taproots🤞🏻

4 Likes

One way to minimize shock from transplanting that @MDGrower was talking about is to use a starter pot like cow pots or jiffy pots made of compressed peat for the seedlings. I have done it this way with all of the autos I have grown. When they are big enough I simply place the entire pot directly in the final grow pot.This is photo seedling so it is going into a 6" pot before the final 5 gallon bag.

2 Likes

Guess what’s happening tonight…seeds going in to soil with happy frog and a expanded jiffy puck with netting removed and placed in center of solo cup

expanding pucks in hot water. These have not let me down as a bit of virgin soil. I start all my seeds with them now

5 Likes

Ok several people have asked about the pucks here they are before and after hot water. I remove netting some dont

2 Likes

Very unique style to your method. Glad am following along, am sure I will learn a thing or two.

We are essentially doing the same thing. The media is just a little different. It makes sense to me to remove the netting. Let the roots do what they are supposed to do. I just started 36 nasturtium in peat pots - they are doing great. :sunflower:

2 Likes

All my girls are in solo cups with domes on

1 Like

36 holy whaaaa that’s a lot of plants

1 Like

Down to 1 baby bird mom is still around but I was nervous for a day or so

1 Like

this is what the nasturtium seeds I started are supposed to look like.

3 Likes

Beautiful I love cut flowers in the summer

1 Like

Blueberry is standing tall and High Density is unfolding that’s all so far today

5 Likes

Their home with the bongs until they go outside. This way I can use this light for them and no extra lights outside of tent with photos

It’s getting bigger

4 Likes

High Density has her helmet on how long before I help her?

Help I can’t get my helmet off…

3 Likes

Peel her cap…
Now is the time…
She needs light to those wings…
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Got the helmet off this morning we will see if she opens up

4 Likes

5 Likes