The secret in my garden

Seeds have arrived I’m going to be dropping them into h2o this evening. Line up is…
High Density
Skunky Monkey
Lemon
Blueberry
White Widow
Candy Cream
Amnesia Haze
Zkittles

All autos I’ll be starting them in solo cups and transfer them outside into their home which is a hoop house made from cattle panels bent into arch and secured it is covered in bird netting so a safe zone. I’ll be growing peas on one side bod beans on the other. The hoop house also has a door so easy access to the girls. Perfectly camouflaged from the street and after the veggies start to grow from everything. I’ll be digging holes and using ffof and happy frog layered in the holes. I will be creating a rain guard of sorts for when flowering happens. I’ll get a pic of house soon so you can picture it easily.

20 Likes

This will be their home in a couple weeks I’m putting them in the ground so the roots can grow as much as they want

18 Likes

I can’t wait to see the garden grow along with these girls. All my container gardening will be in this area as well.

1 Like

Tag me in. Love to see the progress. I will be doing something similar in this image it is 4x8 with 5’+ headspace. i will be using bags though. It has a separate clear plastic cover too. The screen provides nice camouflage for the tomatoes.

11 Likes

Set to follow this! Best of luck, great things ahead I see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great. I’m set to follow along.

1 Like

Seeds are in the water in the darkness

6 Likes

Definitely looking forward to seeing what the summer brings! I’ll be watching!!

1 Like

You should have plenty of room to work with. I see the farm has some Dark rich-looking Soil .

1 Like

That’s awesome! You’re coming out swinging!!!

1 Like

Careful with transplanting autos- I wouldn’t recommend it. There’s really no reason to. It’s viable for photoperiod plants because they take a long time to grow and you can control their stages, and you may need to extend the growing season with indoor transplants based on your geography- but auto flowers take 70-90 days from seed to harvest depending on strain. Your little autos will only have 2-3 weeks of veg max before preflower, and you want them to be as healthy as possible! Transplanting can cause shock to the plants that they simply wont have enough time to recuperate from before flowering begins. For this same reason it’s not recommended to top autos. But anyhow, good luck hope you see successful yields!

2 Likes

Yes here the soil is nice and she just got some discing done but tractor broke down :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve never done it before but I was afraid to put seeds into earth this early and I want them in the ground

2 Likes

Yea it certainly is a little early for autos depending on where you are located. But if you can be patient it’s probably best to put them in the ground sometime in june( at least for me). This ideally for me will have me harvesting around early august, when the humidity has tapered off slightly from its peak in July so the buds will be less likely to rot. You certainly can transplant autos- it’s just not recommended due to the likelihood that your yield will not be as fruitful. If you are willing to take this risk to get some bud earlier then by all means go for it!

1 Like

Cut the bottom of the container out and countersink in ground.

1 Like

Thanks for ideas I’m going to start i solo cups and then transplant outside. I’ve heard autos are more resilient than they get credit for. My third auto grow so I am going to try it. Yield isn’t a issue of course I want lots but I’m kinda hooked on growing so there’s always something coming lately.

4 Likes

My baby birds hatched. We found them in time and didn’t hurt the nest that’s why the bucket and old cage doors.

little Kildear not sure on spelling

8 Likes

What a great thread! Full of interesting adventures

1 Like

@Carol4486 wheres baby’s mom. They waiting for food lol.

Looks like me when I go visit my parents. FEED ME LOL

1 Like

She jumps off when I get close but she trusts me now. We just turned all that earth do she has a buffet for them babies.

1 Like