The Rules: (previously Men vs Women) grow off

ok its settled a one gallon soil grow

1 Like

ric-flair-647959

3 Likes

You could do coco, which soil grow would still be at disadvantage. I mean, you wouldnā€™t really feel right competing against a soil grow in hydro right?

You can grab a 1 gallon pot and brick of coco for around $5 is all. A soil grower isnā€™t going to get setup for hydro for anything like that. I think if you wanna compete with a hydro grow it should absolutely be done in 1 gallon. Level the playing field.

2 Likes

Laugh my fā€™ing ass off. Cheap huh?!

4 Likes

My damn piping holds more than a gallon lol.

Hey NASA is a bunch of cheapos and they do pretty incredible stuff lol

Alright donā€™t turn this into anything serious. This is a fun competition. Letā€™s keep it that way. He brings a good point about the hydro advantage. But itā€™s nothing we canā€™t figure out a way to balance it out. I liked the idea of the 1 gallon pots for all. Itā€™ll be small plants limited veg time and weā€™re all on the same playing field.

2 Likes

I have more money in lights than your entire grow dude. Iā€™m not cheap lol. I just know that the majority of growers here are on some type of budget. Why canā€™t a competition be friendly for everyone to enter and more skill based instead of budget based?

If you wanna grow big get with @peachfuzz @TDubWilly @Bogleg and put some money on it. I may even supply the seeds for it lol.

4 Likes

ok i think. we have an accord. 1 gallon grow. any method.

maybe the hydro guys should flower then their gallon is 30% or so full so u dont run out of room and stall out

Iā€™m sorry I thought the laughter at the end implied friendly joking. Wasnā€™t being serious at all and yes I am aware of your lighting expertise and how much your lights probably cost. In the end it was all in good fun so relax.

Fine if you want skill over lights then I guess you are disqualified for having too good of a lighting system lol. We could pick this grow apart all day, it is just supposed to be fun.

Hydros canā€™t use more than a gallon but super light sources are okay lol. There is never going to be a completely even playing field and again itā€™s just for fun not cash prizes.

this is all fun here. friendly competition. but dont think of a minute we cant throw a little mud (u hydro guys included) lol pun intended.

but lets remember we dont need to undermine each other. this is a community of like minded and cool people. Lets enjoy eachothers company and skills

1 Like

All fun, I am just trying to joke and be realistic. Didnā€™t see me get mad about what @PurpNGold74 said about hydro growers, itā€™s all in fun so people need to not be so easily offended especially when you see a ā€œhahaā€ or ā€œlolā€ at the end of the sentence.

Seems legit

Can we veg in hydro and then flower in 1 gallon soilā€¦? :thinking:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Iā€™ve always enjoyed our convos bro so Iā€™m not sure why you think Iā€™m attacking you. Just saying the hydro canā€™t be done in our systems with 1 gallon of water. The roots would look like ramen noodles in no broth.

Thatā€™s a great idea! It would change my entry, for sure.

1 Like

I only have 2, 3, and 5 gallon pots. So, not going to be able to compete (not buying a gallon pot, just for this :grinning:).

Have fun!

I understand that. Youā€™d have to be pretty damn good to keep a plant healthy from seed to harvest in a 1 gallon hydro grow. So in my opinion should be the price you have to pay in order to compete with a hydro grow. When pot size is limited that rapid hydro growth isnā€™t such a good thing anymore. Youā€™d still have a bigger plant, but youā€™d have to work a lot harder to get to harvest.

The riu boys do it in a solo cup, so it can be done. But Iā€™d guess the amount of people that would be successful would be very limited.

1 Like