The Rules: (previously Men vs Women) grow off

Understandable @DoobieNoobie. Some, like myself, have more room. I just think if we limit it to a 1 gallon pot, no one wins. A root bound tiny plant is bad for everyone. I threw in the other idea as a reason to think about more options. I can fully support a 3 gallon! Or if it HAS to be a 1 gallon, can the roots extend beyond it? I dont know… I guess I’m out if it’s in a 1 gallon, but I absolutely look forward to watching!!!

it doesnt have to be anything specific people!

i started this thread on a whim and never thought it had to be anything specific. if we can have a fair consensus about what to do then cool

im all for a 3 gallon grow. it was suggested before. but there are too many captains on this ship

I with you @basementstealth. K.I.S.S. it. Keep it simple stupid.

I’m just gonna wait to see the guidelines. I’m up for any challenge! A growoff sounds exciting to me!

3 Likes

ur both right, but someone is going to be left out or feel its unfair somehow no matter what.

1 Like

If you try and please everyone, no one will be happy. Just make it basic. Like a 3 gallon auto grow starting Jan 1st. Simple.

1 Like

Extra “points” for color change, size, quantity. In your pictures must be a note card or something with date on it. To manage cheating.

1 Like

im working with admins to formulate rules. im 100% open to their ideas, but this is not an ILGM grow. its just a friendly thing we are doing because it should be fun and educational.

this can actually build/promote our community.

4 Likes

24 more hours have passd. 24 more ideas. 24 more potential people have dropped or not.

1 gall or 5… soil or hydro… me vs G man and co… all i ask for… :joy::joy::joy:

Edit #1: @garrigan62 :eyes::eyes:

Edit #2: yes im poking a bear. Ur point? :laughing:

A 3 gallon is fine to. Really the only way this is gonna work is for someone to just make the decision and say here’s the rules. Not everyone is going to be able to do this no matter which way it is done.

1 Like

I’m not from Missouri, but show me. Should be a walk in the park for someone that

If site will allow it, I’ll donate a prize. I see a lot of flapping, we’ll see who gets in and puts up a plant. If you’re not in, nobody cares.

2 Likes

Dangit! I cant copy/paste/quote. But again no prize needed… unless its that bad a** DIY EB/COB light :eyes::eyes:

Edit: :popcorn:

1 Like

I’m just happy @garrigan62 is moving forward with this, hopefully as he planned. Maybe it needs to be separate from whatever was originally envisioned at the start of this thread. I would be fine with that, but whining about pot size will get zero sympathy from me. My 9 year old daughter grows flowering plants in 3 and 5 gallon pots on her own, there’s no difficulty in that.

I’m not insured to a level I feel comfortable building someone I don’t know a light. But I’d be happy to put a kit together and provide online support for assembly, or cover the cost of a pack of seeds. As long as it’s a competition of skill and not budget. And approved by the powers to be of course.

3 Likes

im really glad u brought this up. maybe there is a way for everyone who wants in the competition to ante up some $x, let ilgm hold the funds in escrow then let the winner spend the winnings on anything they want from the website.

but then we need really clear rules for who wins and why. and a way to prevent cheating…

may its impossible to have money move around like this but how cool would it be?

2 Likes

There’s really not to my knowledge. But if it can be made to work I’ll kick something in. Probably not anything super extravagant as I have bills like everyone else. But I’m willing if able.

1 Like

id put in $1-10 somewhere in there.

We’re probably way ahead of ourselves. Pretty sure all or most of the info will be available soon. So let’s see how things play out.

Haha that was what i was thinking when i said something about copy/paste/edit. The ‘flapping, enter a prize’ deal. I wish we could all throw $5 a piece in or something. Nothing serious… But that maybe against rules in more way then one. And my bad DB. I remember the ‘no selling for sake of insuring’ convo. Jokey joke.

Anyway it goes tho. Just wanna see some rules… if its ILGM beans that means as of today im out. Of Jan 1 I WANT TO BE IN, I NEED ILGM BEANS… but anywho. G man… :eyes::eyes:

:joy::rofl::laughing:

1 Like

I understand, let’s see what they come up with.

I think you misunderstood what he was saying. But I’m not gonna spell it all out. That’s the problem with text it doesn’t always come across the way it’s meant.

He wasn’t being an ass he was being blunt and you over read it. And there’s proof up above that plants can be grown in small pots. post 147 if you want to see how small. And with cloth pots it should be doable. But I don’t think anyone wants to grow in 1 gallon pots so that might be out.

1 Like