The right seeds? One odd ball in the mix!

Hmm, germinated 5 Cali Dream female seeds, 4 plants appear identical in height and fat leaf structure. But #5 is a foot taller and very long narrow fan leaves, so #5 is certainly not Cali Dream genetic strain, have no idea what strain it is but its Sativa dominate.

Sometimes the same strain can show completely different phenotypes. It’s a result of all the cross breeding to get the strains we grow these days. Although I guess it’s just as likely that there was a wrong seed mixed in. You have any pics?

3 Likes

Its just like kids…there’s always one wise ass in the crowd.

4 Likes

Ive recieved auto seeds that expressed 3 to 5 different phenotypes from the same 10 pack. All were definetly the strain i purchased. But all shown different growth traits, from airy buds to dense swollen colas, to flowering on different timelines in the same conditions on an ebb and flow system.

3 Likes

Yes, 1 Cali Dream… and not 2 Cali Dream

3 Likes

Very birthday party has some kid that wasnt invited

4 Likes

I mean its impossible to say by just looking. Both appear to have similar growth traits. Time will tell. Chances are when theyre finished up you wont be able to distinguish between the 2 when smoking them.

3 Likes

I dont smoke at all, and these will be not be used for smoking, these are for an extract and then combined with mango butter for a topical muscle and joint ointment.

3 Likes

The leaves are pretty similar and the buds as well. Impossible for us to see exactly what you see, but as mentioned, its a phenotype thing. Like kids, the same genetics can express themselves in a variety of ways.

Since your making topicals, isolate that plant when processing. Id set its’ product into something for more upbeat times. Maybe use the rest all together. You never know, the more sativa leaning one could be more potent or more effective at whatever you need it for

2 Likes