The purple seeds aren’t turning purple

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

"(platinum mix pack) the purple seeds aren’t turning purple and they’ve been growing for over 2-3 months now almost ready for harvest in a few days and nothing still green- please provide any assistance :slight_smile:

• Strain (type, bag seed): purple haze fem
  • Soil in pots, hydroponic, or coco?: coco
  • PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: 5.8
  • What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: ec 2.2
  • Indoor or outdoor: indoor
  • Light system, size?: 2x600(mh) growing. Flowering stage1 2x600watt hps. Stg2 1x600watt hps and 1x600watt 10k metal halide
  • Temps day, night: growing 20 degrees night and 28-30degrees day. Flower 17degrees night 20degrees day
  • Humidity day, night: 40%
  • Ventilation system (yes/no, size): 1x8” hyperfan (intake) 1x8” huperfan exhaust
  • AC, humidifier, de-humidifier?: Ac yes
  • Co2 (yes/no): no

3 Likes

What are your temps I know some strains require around 60 during night or lights out before they will start to change

3 Likes

Some times they just do not turn. Due to different phenotypes , temperature , nutes , and overall environment.
My blueberry are starting to turn purple but I have them ouside and they started turning once temps dropped to 40*f at nite.
Not sure if this helps lookin good though. I also read that some times they do not start expressing purple hues till a week or two from harvest.
My next outdoor grow is with the platinum mix pack and I hope mine look as good as yours
Happy growin​:+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

What are your grow room temps ?
I would also watch tricombes and harvest if they are ready
Lower temp as usually needed to obtain color in the last 3-4 weeks of the grow below 60 normally
Plants looks good imo
Happy growing maybe join the forum so we can help guide you next grow
Enjoy the harvest :v:CB

2 Likes

I grew 2 blue dream and one turned purple and one didn’t. Same Environment and nutes.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue and I’m about a week away from harvest. I even tried the ice method and nothing. Stems have a reddish purple color but buds are still green.

Welcome to the forum.
Sometimes the genetics is just not there for purple.
Cooler temps during lights out will bring it on in plants that have the genetic ability.
I have had plants that are not “Purple” strains turn as well.
The expected effects from smoking should be there though. Thats what breeders are working to provide.

1 Like

Thanks… I’m gonna keep trying until harvest… I’ll post some pics.

1 Like

how do u drop ur temp so low? i cant drop mine lower than 64 F all my ac can do

1 Like

@2absolute2purity2 , Not so much a drop to a cold temp but a drop from daytime temp.
If you can go from 80 to 64 that should do it.
But if the plant doesn’t have the genetic property to turn purple nothing will work.
Some plants just don’t turn colors even if its in the name.