The problem of when to harvest

hey guys, im at the big dilemma, when to harvest?
i know you have to check on pistils, trichomes and the obvious dying of leaves, but
for checking pistils, your eyes is enough, id say im about at 60% brown pistils, maybe 55
but trichomes? well i only have my macro cam of my phone which is good but not for this purpose, ill let you judge at what point im at
plant is 78 days old lsd auto by barneys farm

tell me what you think, thx for you patience and time <3

3 Likes

You got any trich pics? Like this

Days from the start of flowering is more important than the age of the plant. Most cannabis varieties are ripened in 8 to 10 weeks from the start of flowering.

Trichome maturity that @Gronasbros refers to is the best way to tell. Here’s a video and a chart you might find useful.

Chart:

Video:

yo man, i dont have a microscope, if i had one id see for myself at what pont the trichomes are, but for my eyes they seem all or mostly all milky, in my mind i have left 2 weeks ish

im in flower since the (around) 27th of april, a month after they sprouted give or take

2 Likes

I’d probably agree and say another few weeks, you also want to look for most of the orange pistils to retract back to the buds, that’s another tell tale sign you’re getting close

1 Like

You’ve probably spent a lot of money to get to this point, so I’d highly recommend you get a cheap 60x microscope off eBay to check the trichs. It’s one of those must have things to grow. You’d have time to order one, and receive before that’s done.

3 Likes

yeah i could do that, or like those magnifying lenses for your phone, chinese ones, will work? i dont have alot of money to spend ahahah

3 Likes

@paranoidperson You don’t want to chop too soon. Even a cheap one will do. You will be rewarded by your ladies. They look great

3 Likes

I use this one.

1 Like

A little too much fresh looking growth for me. Only a few white pistils but also some of the brown ones are more orange. The light green growth on the bud it’s self is an indicator of needing more time.
You may be in the “window” but I think it would be more on the racy high, potential paranoia side.

Try buying a jewlers loop theyre great for trichome shots you can get one at a pawn shop or jewelry store for a couple bucks . I use mine and once in focus i put my camera phone to the eye loop and take great pics.

1 Like

so i was somewhat right to say that i have at least a couple of weeks to go

1 Like

Yep. :+1:

1 Like