The Poseidon Project

Borrow a kil-o-watt meter from a buddy or buy one. They are not expensive meters. Will tell you wattage. LED’s testing is with a quantum sensor, not a traditional PAR meter. You need to determine PPFD/umol/s squared off really getting into light science/Hortilux.

A quantum meter is about $130

I’ll get one one most exspensive tools y need in growing

1 Like

Hydrofarm LGBQM Quantum PAR Meter Micromol Sensor on Amazon if you are interested. Personally, I would mark height off in one inch increments with a marker and just keep the light 18” from the top. I would use one but the cost is not worth it given I build my own lights and know the specs.

Alright got some more shop to do

1 Like

Now can we go back to lights for a little bit?

1 Like

There are better ones available if you want. This one is basic. The data logging issue was fixed but the plastic is still kinda cheap. Does the job pretty accurately but not the best unit.

The key is Quantum… has to have the sensor to measure led’s. There are a ton of brands out there :+1:t2:

Yep, lights. What was the question?

i Know been looking at mights for a long time especially led they are technology for new growers cheaper than 400 high pressure or 250 even compare it side by side

1 Like

5000 watt led that puttting some balls :basketball: out instead popping breakers circuit boards like members do on her police come ambulance go on on

1 Like

@Poseidon they space I have to those high pressure get hot a lot I hate heat it’s already hot enough here we’re live plus put them downstairs we’re I’m at vents more fans drill a hill through my brick foundation

1 Like

Did you get the light on Amazon? What is the make and model number?

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

There is my @Poseidon 5000 watt light from eBay

1 Like

I was only able to find the “4000 watt” light and it actually draws 320 watts. I am not sure the brand of diodes used, they don’t say.

Not the most efficient light but it will bloom a 2x2 grow space. You should be able to grow a plant in that space.

@Poseidon that’s good they gave me no instructions no led glasses on both lights I was kind of upset on both companies but I can’t take back now so get my money out of them they’ll work for my space

1 Like

@Poseidon sorry to ask all questions to keep you but led comes with five light color right blue red white iv uv ain’t the white light stronger than the red

1 Like

Why I ask is the white light is vegg switch than I turn the switch and red&white come on that’s to flower and bud I don’t have two switches and other members don’t seem to get that when I tell them they say use both switches to flower and bloom

1 Like

No worries :+1:t2: Color has no bearing on intensity (for the most part). I definitely would not run high power in the 390nm range (UV) or 800’s (IR) as the radiation levels with those wave lengths are bad for your health.