The Plan for the first 5 Seeds

The seeds are white widow auto flower. I will be using 3 gallon fabric pots because that’s what I have on hand.

My soil will be Fox Farms Ocean only because I use that for my other plants, and from what I have seen and read weed seems to like it.

Location? Im torn on this. I can do it outdoors easy. From what I have read about this strain, I can expect plants that are 24 to 30 inches tall. Out doors this will be no problem Ill just wait until my days are on the warmer side and let them go.

Plan B is to order a 300w grow light with the same set up, except indoors, and ill grow 1 or 2 plants at a time. I guess my biggest question is that If I grow inside under a light, and with these gals being autoflower do I need a tent and will I need to practice 100 percent light discipline ? I know allot of these questions are probably redundant, so I will ask for forgiveness in advance. Thank You.

1 Like

You don’t have to have a tent, but it helps reflect more light…and you don’t need special light discipline, just consistency. Autos are super easy. Good luck!

If you are going to grow indoors, I would look into getting a solid led light (not Amazon blurple lights). The light size will depend on your grow space. If you are going to grow outdoors, I would look into larger pots. I have grown autos outside in 3 gal pots and it can be a hassle to have to water that often. I’d go 5 gal minimum outdoors and the larger the better :call_me_hand:t3::v::bear:

4 Likes

thank you mattybear. i was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

Let me know if I can help by tagging me @madcow101

can do. i have never done indoor, my comfort zone is outdoors. i grow food plants as well, but im not pro by any means. how about CFL lights as a fast and dirty option?

I would stay away, personally. If you wanna stay on the cheaper end, look into some of the newer HID fixtures

CFL would be fine if you wanna get some plants ready to go outside, but they lack in flower and you have to use a lot of them. Unless you are talking about the big cfl fixtures, but I’m not a fan of those either

Im thinking just outside from beginning to end. The first batch will be window grow with CFL supplement until it gets nice and warm. Right now day time highs are mid to high 60’s-low 70’s. Should be like that for another month or two, then it will be full time outdoors.

1 Like

I love outdoor weed…the smoke has a heavier molecular weight to me…its just something about those extra elements like ozone, fresh rain, the gasses we don’t think about, the sneaky pollinators that do more than pollinate, the unidentified microbes that land and populate…idk…but I like it! So many unaccounted variables people don’t think/know about

2 Likes

Very well said @originalmunchie
There’s always give and take growing outdoors

1 Like

well, we will see here soon. USPS had happy little things for me. one went right in dirt, one went to germinate using the paper towel method. was a really shitty day today. was real nice to get happy stuff. i also got my tomato plants set aside for me to pick up.

2 Likes

i agree. its like the diffrence between conditioned air, and fresh air. But i have to say, i have had indoor grown pot that made me a couch slave!

2 Likes

Indeed. I guarantee it took a lot more effort. Since you already garden, start a compost (if you havent) w/your waste, spoiled veggies, coffee grinds, tea bags, egg shells from breakfast, the leaves you rake up in fall…and the bonus, you only have to tend to it when you want to. When it’s all said and done whatever you grow will melt your face off and I stand on that. That’s how I had my first success, but it was more nature than me lol. I threw a 4/20 party that year and the dealers were trying to pay me exorbitant amounts of money for my little stash, but I don’t sell, just enjoy w/others lol and everyone loved it

1 Like

Okay, so I modified my plan a little. I took a seed, filled a 5 gallon pot with Fox Farms Ocean Forest and just stuck a seed in and walked away around 2PM yesterday. I will say right now, I believe I see this seed sprouting today at 1210 noon.

So im home today. I ordered a light, and began building a stealth grow area in my little storage room. I also checked my first seed, it is still sprouting like it should. Its been very overcast outside, but no lower them 65. At about 630 AM I tossed another seed into a cup of water per the instructions on this website, and while I cant say for sure, im pretty sure that seed will have sprouted by noon tomorrow. Ill get some pics up when the first seep pushes up and out of its soil…

1 Like

okay, so here is the first little guy beginning to stand up. the other seed is coming. ill be honest, i thought this guy was a gonner, butbit got about 4 houres of direct sunlight and stood right up. not much i can do with these guys so ima leabe them alone and let them do their thing.

1 Like

this is the same little dude a few days later. the second plant is chugging along, but this one is really moving.

1 Like

I’m a newbie of all of 1 week: Can I ask what is a “burple light”? TIA

1 Like

The cheap led Amazon lights that have a blue/purple glow

1 Like