The Phantoms Autopots GDP grow in coco

I am new to auto pots this grow but I did use them. My primary reason being I used the air domes. I think a couple others use them not sure how many though.

1 Like

I use spring pots and also put hydroton in the bottom. Some use golf wiffle balls instead. They are a lot easier to dig out of the coco that’s for sure.

2 Likes

The clay balls are not advised.
They are clay and thus they have ph problems, it’s a mess, extra cost and time consuming but if you really want you cna buy the clay balls but then you must ph soak them for 2 days at 5.8 if running. Soil less.

If your running airdomes you can pick up plastic golf balls with holes in them and use those or you can line it with perlite. Some even don’t use anything different with their airdomes just coco or coco/perlite.

2 Likes

Good point. Plus they are really dusty so the need a good rinse and soak

2 Likes

All in all a PIA

Ps @beardless congrats on member of the month.

3 Likes

Exactly what I did with mine. Double rinsed and soaked them in ph water.

1 Like

Buying plastic golf balls means they have no ph issues and you can re use them for ever.

1 Like

Ok, sounds like this run will be straight Coco!

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

1 Like

Going in their final pots tomorrow!!

3 Likes

In their forever pots, now to make a bunch of jacks so I can top feed and have my reservoir full for when it’s time to turn the system on.

3 Likes

Not a great update, noticed these spots on a few of the leaves on one of the plants, the other 3 look ok.

Can anyone help give me an idea of what it could be?

2 Likes

Are they getting cal mag? Looks like the start of a cal deficiency.

1 Like

No cal/mag yet, just Jack’s. Was thinking that as well based on others pictures.

I’ll throw some in my mix and see how she does.

1 Like

Can’t hurt!

Think I found the reason for my deficiency. My pH meter was way out of cal…

My water was 4.9 pH

Recalibrated and brought up the pH to 5.8.

Also turned my pots on today!

1 Like

That will do it every time! You will find some ph meters need to be calibrated sooner then others. At least you got it figured out.

Controller update!

Have it monitoring my res, haven’t gotten EC to work yet. Using all Atlas scientific probes so it can live in the solution 24/7 and calibrations shouldn’t be needed too often.

3 Likes

Happy ladies!!

They sure seem to be loving the autopots setup, I will likely top them tonight and get ready to try my hand at a SCROG.

4 Likes

5 week update!

About to start weaving them through the net.

Do we have any scrog’ers that could share any tips?

3 Likes

Well, I clearly need more practice at tucking, bit I switched them to 12/12 today!

I may defol, or I may wait to see which bud sites need more light.

2 Likes