The perfect germination method (if you follow directions)

Woohoo! :+1::fist_right:t3:

1 Like

Good deal, I like to give mine at least another 24hrs after I see the tap root, but that’s just my personal preference. Sometimes it’s hard because the taproot takes a 90° turn and grows in towards the seed. But you’re perfectly fine planting it now.

If it comes to that point, after you have planted (1/4"-1/2" down) you dont begin to see anything. Very very carefully remove the dirt over the top of the seed that u covered it with. And see what’s up. Sometimes they get twisted. If you see that its starting to come up, cover it back up. If you see that its twisted, what I like to do is leave the dirt uncovered from the seed portion, so the light redirects it back up out of the soil. Just dont ger inpatient and do this before it has a chance to sprout on own.
I usually do this if I see no activity within 4-5 days of planting.

3 Likes

Is it important that the seeds float, or should they be sunk? Mine’s been floating for 24 hrs. Looks like there is an air bubble holding it on the surface. Was considering sinking it but I didn’t wanna kill it, if that was a possibility I mean.

Every seed I have ever dropped in water has floated at first. It tends to frustrate me so I sit there and hold it under the water and roll it around until it does.

I’ve had seeds show tails even when floating when using hydrogen peroxide. I just give them a little push with my finger after 24 hours and most of the seeds sink. I’m not sure if it matters if they sink when using H2O2.

1 Like

@OldSkunk is the Hydrogen Peroxide you are using food grade 3% level I think it is or the much higher 11.9% ( liquid oxygen)…?

A heated, domed propagation tray & rapid rooters is my go-to method. 100% germ rate over 4 grows. I’ve never had luck with soaking, just wasted a lot of seeds.

I love growing, b/c there are so many various ways to achieve the same outcome. :grinning:

4 Likes

@OldSkunk @MattyBear @garrigan62 @TDubWilly Hey , Can you smell that ? It smells like Blueberries . She is up .

Still no NL yet . Thanks everyone for all the germinating tips .

7 Likes

I’m smoking some Blue Dream that tastes like chronic with a subtle blueberry taste at the end! It’s delicious lol :drooling_face::drooling_face:

5 Likes

Now that sounds good ! I got to update my CW scrog #2 . They are getting fat and almost done .

1 Like

I use 3% from the drug store or Walmart. I’m guessing you have Walmart down under @Johnzy81

1 Like

If it’s blueberry auto, I hope you have better luck with it than I do @Seeddog. I just can’t get them to grow good. I have 2 outside that I banished from inside because they are 2 months old and only a foot tall and the White Widows the same age are 3 feet tall. I’m not wasting lights on anything that small.

1 Like

This is my second auto grow , The first grow was 3 amnesia haze and they were small but the smoke was excellent . Give it time it might surprise you .

2 Likes