The ongoing grow

Do you decarb the kief in the same fashion as dried bud?

I have my chiller set at 65 and it rises to 67 before coming on.

1 Like

I used the crockpot on low for two hours, but you can use an oven in a sealed container… @merlin44
Thanks @Myfriendis410 trying some things out.

6 Likes

@Missiles @Myfriendis410
Here is my High Pressure Aeroponics box.
Not deep water culture, but still medium less.
I know this isn’t traditional, but a few of you know me personally. I always go all in, and over build it. So here I am. I went hydro, but with 90% less water needed, and zero air stones.
I chose Amnesia haze Auto flower for this because the majority of the tent is almost ready to flip. (See current pic below) I’ll be transplanting all of these into the final homes after this post.
I am utilizing the Canna nutrient line for all of these ladies, including hydro. (Different bottle) so far I’m enjoying the results. Only suggestion so far with this line is to continue with cal-mag and a hair more
-P-K with this line during veg. There’s one plant showing one of those deficiencies.
This is essentially a test run for me, hopefully the plant turns out beautiful. This form of growing was utilized by a few members on here. I have combed the internet for spraying times, RH, root zone temperatures and anything else related. I honestly haven’t found much. One or two forums with a dedicated thread. I came across a 1 second spray interval, so I’ll be ordering a new timer tomorrow. The current one is 5 seconds for the shortest which could be too long, and I wouldn’t develop the correct type of roots with all of the fuzzy root hair.
I’ve added the shiny insulation to keep RZT in check. I’ll have to be inventive if the RZT’s climb. The water consumption is too low to put ice in the reservoir. I did insulate all pipes with pipe insulation.
@ pigSquishy
@MAXHeadRoom
I’ll be tagging some others for hydro suggestions. Everything is a learning curve, and we should always be learning.

9 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

You have a great start! I’m excited to see how big this girl gets :grin: Good luck!

3 Likes

Forgot this one on the inside in action. 6 nozzles total, and weed barrier that keeps the roots out of the drain.
I’ll need the luck Missiles, I’m hoping other than minor PH issues and dialing in nutrients this will be a relatively hands off grow. Well at least no wilting.
Something minor that may change if I run into too many issues, it’ll be converted to a Drain to Waste set up. Someone else I saw did a DW and that might be the way to go.

15 Likes

Once you get everything dialed in it will be easy sailing :wink:

2 Likes

Rest of the tent.
C99
Fire OG
Super Lemon Haze
Maui wowie
Afghan
Gelato
Girl Scout Cookies (very front)

14 Likes

Where is animal cookies?

3 Likes

Animal cookies is the other tent. @dbrn32

13 Likes

Dude! I’m in! Very cool and lets have more detail…

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410
What did I forget? Let me know, I’ll post it.

3 Likes

Very cool @Covertgrower

2 Likes

I’m not sure yet but I will definitely have more Q’s. Very interesting.

1 Like

Open book, you name I’ll disclose it. That goes for anyone. Any form of growing, and techniques shouldn’t be a secret. @Myfriendis410

10 Likes

You’re always pushing the envelope, @Covertgrower. This aeroponics experiment is very exciting for those of us who aren’t quite as daring as you, but are hydro-curious! :wink:

5 Likes

There are risks. Misters plugging, pump failure (it’s new) and a host of other things.
But I have soil grow as a back up. Lol
I have extra pumps, I have extra misters. So let’s hope for the best.
I am very hydro-curious. I love the idea of hydro, but I wanted something with less water. This fit into that category, but is still water as a medium.
The single most attractive aspect of this style of growing is your PPM’s are so low, and sprayed on to the roots a little at a time. This is a return to the grower. Saving money on nutrients.
The accumulator tank will give the pump a “reservoir” so it doesn’t run continuously, and a slight fail safe during a short power outages if I got battery back up for the valve. I could get a larger tank (think well size) This will also make hydro growing less energy intensive. (Pumps always running) The reservoir is approximately 7 gallons, this is probably more than half of any other hydro system. This set is very easily expandable, as the pump is rated at 1.4 GPM and the misters spray very little in 5 seconds. Haven’t done the math, but the misters spray 1/2 gallon in an hour.
I appreciate you stopping by @WonkaMan

7 Likes

Thanks @Covertgrower. Maybe your superpowers will turn me into ConvertGrower, and I’ll maybe take the dive too, but for now, I’m a land lubber. (I’m lacking a drain in the part of the basement where I grow, so that may hold me back as well…) Anyway, I love seeing your attention to detail and planning with all this. It’s great for newbies and wide-eyed folk like myself. Fingers crossed!:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes