The old switcheroo

I have 3 GSCX clones in fox farm light warrior soil in solo cups. I want to transplant them to smartpots with coco loco. Is it worth it or should I scrap the extra clones and start over? Thoughts :thought_balloon: please…

@Donaldj , @garrigan62 , @Countryboyjvd1971 , @Hogmaster @Majiktoker , @bob31

You guys are the smart ones I turn to you.

1 Like

This depends if you have room for 3, and enough lighting. (If you have other plants using it) What are you second guessing yourself about? Are you satisfied with this strain? Do you want to try a different strain? If room allows, you could veg these for a month, then get more started. Or even flower these now, just so they don’t go to waste, and start new. @Wishingilivedina420state

2 Likes

I don’t want to waste them just switching from soil to coco. Just wondering if it gonna cause a number of problems. The strain is ok :ok_hand: but my plane is to put them in 1 gallon smart pots in coco and flower them in two weeks. Only doing this as a test for a 1 gallon grow. Plant will only have 2-4 tops and feed or water every day. Feed, feed , water 1\2 strength ff nutes.

2 Likes

you growing indoors @Wishingilivedina420state ? I have 6 out side that are 2 to 3 ft and flfowering . I’m thinking of growing fewer plants and starting more clones next season

2 Likes

keep what you can @Wishingilivedina420state…lol that gscx is dreamy so myself i would keep them all if possible…lol

Light warrior and coco loco are both soiless medium made by Foxfarm… They should be ok since the pH should be around the same , @Wishingilivedina420state

~Al :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

My advice is to ask @ktreez420 cause he switched from soil to dwc so he could probably help you out some. Good luck

2 Likes

My only concern would be the pH switch. Because they’re clones that means they’re accustomed to however the mother grew. Not saying this means you can’t, but it will probably stress her more than normal.

I transplant from soilless medium, into a DWC setup, so the shock is minimal for me. I say to give it a try dude, the worst that happens is they die. I recommend to let the sol dry out, then tap tap tap as much soil off the roots as possible before transplant. It’s easiest when the soil is super dry!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Thanks @ktreez420 I think I will try. I watered last night so it’s gonna be a few days before I can.

O yeah I was gonna ask you when your gonna put up some new videos on your utube channel trees :evergreen_tree:?

1 Like

I know dude I’ve been slacking with the videos! I need a personal camera man around me at all times lol!!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I couldn’t handle haven people follow me around with cameras. I did subscribe so I’ll be waiting on the next video.

1 Like

Ok the pots dried out enough to switch em , ph water to 5.9

What ya think @ktreez420

I know they need some nutes gonna start tomorrow at 1/4 strength ff

1 Like

Well it’s been longer then I thought so update time. And imo there grrreeeaaate lol :joy:

![image|669x499](upload://d4oYT6VG59xnYC2soaFYNzgMc7W.jpg)

They do have slight nute burn from the ffof, and a ph swing of course, but other then that there golden.
Putting the biggest clone in flower at the end of this week then every two weeks another clone. Hopefully it works out.

1 Like