The Northern Lights of Texas

Good to see ya! Looks like Will has you covered. They are pretty girls!

4 Likes

Good morning friends ! Yesterday I fed her 5ml Cal/Mg, and 3ml each of Sensi-Bloom A & B. My usual nutes. pH 5.9.

Am going to get some overdrive for it. Heard that helps the growth greatly. Have Big Up for the last several weeks and some Honey mixture.

Some of my buds were just too numerous to keep, I just donā€™t have the room to spread it out and learned that I get better and stronger yield with less colaā€™s and more light. Will see what is going to happen. I cut it down to 10 buds and am supercropping like mad to get them ready.

Have a GREAT day ! Jerry

7 Likes

pH Water only today. Run off was off a little so I ran a gallon through the 3 gal pot and will check it tomorrow. Am supercropping the buds to get a good spread across the entire area.

All looking good now. Pictures during the weekend most likely. Have a Great Day. Jerry

4 Likes

Good Morning Campers ! It is another rainy, cold day in TX. This is our version of snow. LOL

Looked at her this morning as the lights came on and she looks good. Color seems a little light but have never grown NL before. Does not need water today but will increase feed to max dose tomorrow as well as Golden Tree (0-0-2.25) to increase the flowering.
May add some Overdrive to kick it in gear.

Super-cropping and it is starting to have a good shape with most of the buds on the same level. Better for light exposure for sure. Not really sweating this grow. So busy with everything else, Iā€™m kinda hoping that it pretty much takes care of itself this time.

My daughter in lawā€™s brother is in the hospital with the flu. He had a kidney transplant several years ago and got dehydrated. His kidney may be shutting down. Praying for him, he has had a hard time lately. My mood kinda matches the weather, gloomy but hoping for better news today.

Yā€™all take care and have a Great Day. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

GMorning TxGrowā€¦

Hate that for the family! Just got back from out of state ā€œArkā€ where my granma was going through the same thing, kidneys shutting down. After a few days with her we got her spirits back up and she is doing so much better.

Blessings to your family!

I hope those NLightsā€¦ Blow up! I just dropped some NL seeds last night!

3 Likes

Prayers to your Daughter in laws family. Glad you ladies are responding well. Seems like it is raining everywhere, wish it would stop!

1 Like

Good News, He is out of the hospital and recovering at home ! ! So glad he got out alive and his kidney is still going strong. Thanks for the prayers !

I gave her 1 gal pH water with the following:
4ml Sensi-Bloom
4ml Golden Tree
3ml Humboldt Honey
3ml Humboldt Bloom 0-10-0
pH: 5.9
Ran one gallon through and let her grow.

More super-cropping and am getting a nice level set of buds.

Obtained some some Hash that was brought back from Afghanistan that is total kick-butt ! I took a huge first hit and thought my lungs were going to shut down ! Coughed and then just sat back and enjoyed. Have 4 grams so I will be good for a long time. Thatā€™s one advantage of not smoking much, a little amount of good stuff and I am good for a long time !

Yā€™all take care and have a Great Day.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update!

Jealous I am!

2 Likes

Good deal, prayers are strong medicine. I hope everything works out well for him!Sounds like the NL is eating well, LOL. I remember the 70 s we would get some Lebanese Blonde or some Black supposedly from Africa, seen the Stones on some Blonde once and I was floating it was great, I wouldnā€™t know anything about not smoking muchā€¦ well because I smoke so much. huh?
Talk to ya next time, take care.

2 Likes

Apologize for not keeping up with my journal, went deep into depression for a while and was hard getting going again. Starting therapy again on the 19th. Not sure if I really want to start all that again. I took a couple months off and nothing has changed when I am able to sleep.

My lady has 11 buds that I super-cropped out that look good and are starting to fill out the lower down the stalk. Am having trouble with the lower leaves not growing well. They started to get going and then they start to die. Have to research again. I have a hard time remembering stuff with the medication I am taking.

Will try to keep a little better journal from here on out. Catch yaā€™ll soon.

7 Likes

I feel you, brother. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having a hard time. I feel the same way about therapy. Feels like a complete waste of time, spilling my guts to someone who is only going to ask the same questions the next time I see them because they donā€™t even remember me. Sleep is my biggest problem. Sometimes I get upset and say that Iā€™d rather be living alone, but Iā€™d be nothing without the help I get from my family.

Iā€™m glad your girl is taking off! Itā€™s probably the buds up top hogging all the energy, messing up the lower ones. I think when I ran into that I just yanked all the lower stuff off. Maybe sheā€™s hungry? Be well, Jerry. :v:

3 Likes

Hate to hear that things are that bad for the both of you, Man I am blessed at least I can sleep. We really do take a lot of stuff for granted when all is well. I will say I have not always been easy to get along with at times and I just have to take those extra few seconds and think about what I am going to say. I do think you have to believe in what your doing or it aint going to work anyway. Adapt and Overcome will be the motto of the day. Take care fellers.

5 Likes

This has been a weird grow. The leaves are turning yellow way too fast but the buds are looking OK, not great but OK. I was not even going to try growing this early and grew a species that I have no experience with (NL). I lost interest in growing this year. Think it is the medicine I am on now.

Overall, kinda glad it is almost over. I start my counseling classes again next week. Gonna take some time off growing and just try to get this PTSD taken care of. Has really been bugging me lately. I found a new friend that was in 'Nam and was also a corpsman. He has helped a lot with my thinking. Got a better feeling about the classes now that I am able to sleep 5-6 hours, or more, a night without medicine.

Take care all and good growing. Have a great day ! :us:

5 Likes

Coming from someone who endures what you do on a daily basis brother, something as simple as you wishing me a good day speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. I am sure I would have been honored to serve with you and call you friend. Since the former is impossible then I shall be happy to just call you friend, as the book says THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Take careā€¦FRIEND.

5 Likes

That sounds like my Lil Sebastian that started eating herself up. It turned out pretty darn good, though. Wish I could roll one up with you, my brother. Iā€™ve having some pretty hard days, myself, lately. Iā€™m here for you if you ever just need to vent. Iā€™m so glad you have a good friend that can relate, local to you, and that youā€™re getting some sleep! That always makes everything else a little easier for me. Take care of yourself! :v:

3 Likes

Appreciate your support. I really donā€™t have a lot of stamina now with the spring allergies acting up. This has been the weirdest year I have had yet (last 12 months) as far as feeling good. Some days the problems from the service seem to hang over my head like a dark cloud and others not. Having someone to talk about common things like medicine with my friend is helping immensely.

Again thanks for your support friend. Hope you have great grows and a great day.
Jerry :us: :man_farmer: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Just took her out of the grow box and it doesnā€™t look as bad as I thought last night. LESSON: NEVER check your plants when your attitude is bad, you only see what you want to, and usually it is all the bad.

Appreciate your support and kind words. I am determined to get this crap out of my head and start feeling like a human again. Gonna put 100% into getting my counseling done and understanding what is making me this way. Seems like it has been centuries since I have felt really great.

Have a great day and great grows friend. Jerry :us: :man_farmer: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you for your service @TxGrowman and I hope you find some relief.

1 Like

I ran a 3 gal flush in my plant and she responded very well. She has a lot of undergrowth on the 10 buds that I have left on her. I am going to add some Humboldt Honey and some Deuce-Deuce (0-0-22) in 10-14 days. It seemed to make my Skywalker take off on my last grow.

I was going to get a picture tonight but my granddaughter from AZ was face timing with us tonight and she couldnā€™t stop talking. That is something I can take for a long time.

Not really sure how long I have left on flowering but I feel like it is less than a month. The last several days she has really taken off. Canā€™t wait ! I want to get that couch lock effect so I can get more sleep.

Hope yaā€™ll have a great day and great grows.

6 Likes

Trimmed the dead leaves off this AM and got a couple of quick pics. No feeding or water needed today. Will get one more pic as I turn out the lights tonight.

Lots of new growth and the colaā€™s are starting to fill in nicely.

Nine colaā€™s. Want to get a time where I can let one veg longer. Seems we are always traveling.

Have a great day !

10 Likes