The Noobius grow

Hello to all, and welcome to the noobius grow. This will be my first ILGM grow and first grow in over 15 years. I have, as i feel a lot of new growers here have as well, done my share of research browsing forums as well as reading Robert’s Grow Bible. As I said i have grown before, but this was 15 years+ ago, and I currently am on a very limited budget but have also have reasonable expectations for how this is more than likely going to turn out. I have purchased the platinum mixpack from ILGM and will be growing one of each Purple Haze, Super Silver Haze, and Gold Leaf in soil in a 4’x4’ tent under two 4’ 4 lamp t5 fixtures. Germinated 2 seeds of each just in case, and will use the 2nd plants to start clones for the next grow. 24 hours in a cup of water, straight to soil in a solo cup. My current debate is wether or not to scrog these? To any who wish to read, comment, follow along, and impart wisdom feel free. I will update as often as possible.

11 Likes

9 Likes

As you can tell made the classic mistake of having lighting too far away from sprouts, so they stretched a bit. Still dont look bad though.

2 Likes

Seedlings look good, if possibly a little damp. Be sure you have drainage holes in the cups and don’t keep that soil surface constantly wet.

3 Likes

@noobius Welcome to the ILGM Forums and welcome back to growing. Try foliar spray only on those babies and they will be a tad happier! I will be following along.

If you have question or whatever tag us like I tagged you in the first line and it flags us to come over and see whats up!

@noobius welcome to the forum. I would love to follow this grow along, I would love to try the super silver haze. Supposed to have a bit of lemon scent to it. If you have any questions just use the @ symbol. It’ll notify whoever you tag. Happy growing! The girls look great.

2 Likes

Looks like you can add some soil to the solo cups, that will help support the stems. And just watch over watering, like others were saying @noobius. Great people here, with a vast array of knowledge to help you out.

2 Likes

@PhantomFarmer every cup has 8-10 drain holes in the bottom. i had literally just added water and for some reason that soil holds it at the top for about 15 mins. after that it settles throughout and dries up. i wont be buying this brand of soil again. not my favorite.
@Covertgrower super silver haze is the one im most excited about as well.
@Zombo I dont know why i didnt think of that. lol they definitely are more stable after i added a bit more soil. i hadnt even realized how much it settled until i saw your post.
@bob31 thanks for the tip. ill give it a go

3 Likes

How about on the sides @noobius here is a pic of what I start my photos in

3 Likes

Ill have to pop a few more holes in them then. Next time ill have to do it before hand. would probably be much easier.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @noobius. The girls look good and you are getting some great advise already. Happy growing and I’m sure your grow will turn out great.

4 Likes

I used a soldering iron to do those, but obviously before I had a plant and soil in them. I would try and get a couple on the sides down lower on the cup to help it drain and breath. Don’t really need to water the soil much a little foliar spray a couple of times a day is all they need and a spritz or two on the soil. Once the next set of leaves come out you can start giving them a real drink as needed.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @noobius! Looks like you are in good hands. Looking forward to watching your grow :sunglasses:

2 Likes

found a small drill bit to poke through the plastic cup pretty easily. thanks for the tip @bob31

6 Likes

Welcome to forum. Youll be amazed how quickly girls will grow. After a week roots had already started coming outta bottom of cup on my girls so be watchful.

3 Likes

Woohoo @noobius
First off welcome to the forum
The sprouts look good
If you need any assistance just tag me
I ll be watching the tread bro :+1:
happy growing
:v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Welcome @noobius! You have the attention of some great folks so enjoy!

3 Likes

Hi noobius, looks like you have things under control…have fun; I will follow along.

2 Likes

Hey there Noobius!!

It’s great to meet you!!

A huge congrats on your grow!!:+1:

I too am on my first grow in a long time. Sixteen years to be exact.

It appears that your off to a great start.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

We’ll speak soon.:+1:

1 Like

So I know that with photo plants you can force an early flower to get a quicker yield, but what would the earliest you should start flower to still produce a decent yield? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. @bob31 @Alton66 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower