The Microgrowery

So the 4x4 tent in my attic i have been using will be retired after my current grow. In order to maintain my climate I’m building my “happy place” above the garage. I have insulated with r19 and going to use a 6in duct from my hvac system and exhaust through charcoal filter

7 Likes

Love seeing grow room builds!

1 Like

I’m looking to do a build here soon also it will be a 12x8

2 Likes

I will try to remember to take pics as I go probably won’t have time to do any more till Saturday. Can’t wait to have it full of plants.

1 Like

Have you given any thought to replacing those many 4 x 4 ridge support columns with a properly engineered header beam and fewer columns? I’m not a structural engineer, but you could get a lot more useful space that way… Just a thought. :smile:

3 Likes

I did but If we sell this home I can easily tear the grow room out and leave little evidence that it was there. And also budget I need the money for lights

2 Likes

@Happy805 It 's looking good , it’s always fun to build or modify a room . I’m getting rid of old left over paint sealing up the old stone and mortar cellar walls . This will be a 5x10 veg and work station area some day, most of the building material will be recycled . Gotta save to have good lights …lol .

3 Likes

I’m in the planning stage of my basement grow room too. Old house though and height is a bit low (77"±).

2 Likes

@Seeddog love the basement grow. I really wish I had one lol. At least I have a big attic. The room is really a necessity with the 90+ in summer and 0 in winter the tent has been a battle

@Drinkslinger 77 should be enough I think my 4x4 tent is about that height

2 Likes

The only way you can replace the kicker walls is if place jack supports for the roof and then you can take down the kicker walls run a header beam or two and place 4 columns in a square design around the center of the room it will open it up and if you move all you have to do is take down your equipment without tearing anything out

1 Like

My 4’x8’ tent is 78" high, so I don’t have a problem with 77", but I’d still prefer a bit more height.
I’ll be insulating with 1" rigid foam, and framing it with 2"x3"s, so I’ll be losing a few more inches. I just have to make sure I can stand up straight without bumping my head (I’m 6’).

1 Like

@wildride420
Thanks for the info. I’m not too worried about opening the room up. There will be four area’s two in the back for flowering one to the right for veg and work area at the front door area

1 Like

@Drinkslinger I feel ya there I’m 6’2"

You can go with foam board that you use in to insulate basements they are less than an inch thick and you can fit strip it with the existing frame you have now with 1x2 strips and you won’t lose very much height and if you drywall use 3/8ths no more than 1/2 inch common drywall and you might only lose 2 inches if that

1 Like

I’m also working on a veg work area in my basement. Then with my basement addition I’m going to have 3 4x4 rooms in there

1 Like