The lights schedule got off track

Wow, I’ve been on a midnight to afternoon schedule with lights off during the day. Well I got invited out for dinner and didn’t remember. I left the lights on and I didn’t realize it until about nine tonight, I turned them off. What can I do to get back on track without stressing her to death, and get back on the noon to midnight with lights off? Ty

Just start your next cycle at its usual time.

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty kinda what I was thinking ok well she’s got some rest going on back on at midnight or one. Ty

1 Like

I would highly suggest buying a timer to automate the process… they are like 3-10$ and you can set it and never have to remember to turn off your lights again.

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MVFF59S?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

I have never understood why people don’t get something as simple as a timer from the start, you look at any “full grow tent kit” and you see some sort of timer is included so there’s a mighty big hint at what you REALLY need for growing weed right there as they won’t throw in anything unnecessary as that costs money.

A few bucks, and sometimes even ZERO bucks as they can be classed as “eco-friendly” so can be bought with anything such as the “ecocheques” issued by employers in Belgium, saves so many problems, it’s something listed in every “full tent kit”, something said in every “what do I need/do I have everything” thread, yet “Oh Noes, I messed up my lighting schedule because I thought a timer costing a few bucks was a waste after spending hundreds on this tent/light/fan setup” threads are up there with birth, death and taxes as one of the few things we can guarantee in life.

I’ll never understand that one.

Keep an eye out for signs of stress, though, especially if you’re in flower. I’d leave the light off until the next cycle, not the one immediately happening tonight. I’m sorry if I didn’t make that clear. :relaxed:. They’ll be in the dark for a bit, but during flowering too much dark is better than too much daylight. If you’re in veg, it’s reversed. Don’t want them to start revegging/flowering…or hermying.

1 Like

If you are in veg. No big deal if in flower, try to get a cheap timer to avoid in future, life happens to all of us. If this happens to much than you will be growing he/she with bountiful seeds. The timer is really worth the money for peace of mind.

3 Likes

@anon35207245 wow!

@blackthumbbetty ty good information ty

1 Like

Wow, I’m getting so confused, awhile back I was told it was ok to do 12/12, but I’m still in veg state. Okay so should I change it to 18/6 or leave it alone @blackthumbbetty @Countryboyjvd1971?

No you want to flower dont you? @Jamie1234

1 Like

@Aolelon Yes

1 Like

@Jamie1234 you only want to be in 12/12 lighting if you’re ready for your plant to start producing buds. If you are not in 12/12 and stay at 18/6 your plant will never produce any buds and stay in a vegetative growth. It can stay in this veg period for years or as long as you keep the lights 18/6. When you switch to 12/12 that tells the plant to start producing flowering hormones and it will form buds.

2 Likes

So leave it 12/12 until you harvest the plant

3 Likes

It is still vegging, I think. I just started nutes last week photos attached

too

2 Likes

If you’re on a 12/12 light schedule the. It is flowing. You wont be able to tell for a week or 2.

2 Likes

When did you start 12/12?

Flipping to 12/12 is what triggers photoperiod plants to start the flowering stage. I think if you’ve had them flipped for a few days or more, you’re probably going to want to stay w/ 12/12.

1 Like

You can grow autos under either light schedule @Jamie1234
Photos should be keeped under 18-6 until ready to flower
minimum of 16-8 for veg
Other wise you’ve received good advice

1 Like

Ty @countryboyjvd1971 they are doing a lot better!!

1 Like