The life of a Girl Scout

@Countryboyjvd1971 idk I just thought that maybe my soil was to dry that’s why my seeds don’t show it’s first leaves . It just dies when the seed is still on . Maybe I’m not germinating long enough .

Wasted over 200 on dead seeds lol

1 Like

@Donaldj alright . So it’s recommend I get rapid root plugs ? I have pest pellets but haven’t used it . All I do is soak in distilled water and when tap roots show I put them in a germination tray with happy frog soil and spray and cover under a 300w Chinese led light about 18-20 in above it . Temps read 78 humidity outside the tent is 15 but the dome is misted daily . For some reason it never makes it past seed husk and the one that did show it’s leaves eventually withered and died .

Well problem seems to be after you germinated the seeds
How long of a tap root did you have when you planted them aslo how far down dis you put them ?
Keeping soil to wet will rot roots and to dry is obvious lol @Terra-cotta
I personally go right into soil myself after i geeminate i dont use cubes or plugs
Follow @Donaldj suggestions here tho he wont steer you weong

@Countryboyjvd1971 well I just drop it when taproot shows so when it has a small tail lol also I put about a fingertip deep

1 Like

read whole thread before rushing to the first medium used in it :wink: many have hard time starting seeds in rapid rooters too I am demonstrating on a few mediums that same basic rules are used with any medium not advocating any one medium since all have different budgets and different uses

2 Likes

It cat take a few day 3-4 to pop up if planted 1inch down ill lwt my tap root get about 1/2 in long before planting into soil i poke a hole in soil about witn my poiter finger about half way to firat knuckle put tap root facing down and cover with soil
mist once a day min twice if need ro keep soil moist

1 Like

A couple of suggestions.

Do use distilled water for the first 2 weeks. Ph to the medium is better.

FF should be cut with perlite or a dedicated seed starting medium will help.

NO NUTES! You won’t need them for 4 to 6 weeks.

Go really easy on the water. A tablespoon is plenty.

1 Like

Thanks for the info guys I been having bad luck . It’s pribably me messing it up but I think I have everything since it’s my second run ? When they( seeds) come I’ll keep you guys updated . Wish I could have pictures but I been failing so hard

2 Likes

@Terra-cotta keep trying. Keep following the advice that works for you. You’ll get there.

1 Like

Heres a very easy way to get great results. Soak rapid rooters in phd 6.0-6.3 water. Soak seeds for 24hrs again phd water in luke warm water. Cut a water bottle in half. Take rapid rooter squeeze water out so not dripping wet. Drop seed in rapid rooter tail down, tear off small corner of rr and stuff in hole. This blocks light and makes the seedling work a bit coming out, helps shell helmets fall off. Use top of water bottle as humidity dome. Sit on heating pad and then i put a 60clf above them on 24/7. After they pop up open bottles for 20mins a day so they get fresh air. Keep lights as close as possible so they dont stretch. Add a fan for slight breeze and let lid off after first set of leaves. After 2wks youll see roots plant rr into seed starter mix so u sont burn roots until they get growing.

4 Likes

Thanks @Familyman420 for sharing your tips. I don’t buy pop or bottled water but I can just for this process :grimacing:

2 Likes