The life of a Girl Scout

@Terra-cotta I’m sorry to hear your plants have passed. Do you have any pictures of your plants and the growing situations? Humidity sounds like it’s been the main issue, and starting in the winter is tough. Heck it’s the driest it’s been here all year. (Winter here too) As long as you aren’t over watering, have the humidome over them, I would think they stand a chance.

@Covertgrower didn’t take pics since it’s all dead but it’s literally just tent light and dome . I bought the dome after the others died but had a Freebie seed to just test . I’m still waiting for my ilgm girls but my issue isn’t the germination process. It’s just my gurls aren’t wanting to get their first set of feeder leaves ( maybe genetics ) I’ve had great success with ilgm seeds .

Also I don’t think I over water ( two mist sprays and then I spray humidity dome . I must say I do have jiffy pellets

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA :
ilgm gscx, ilgm skywalker og

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Soil FFHF & FFOF

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
n/a

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
N/a

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size? 600Mh/hps, 300w led

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
yes 203 cfm

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
ac and humidifier

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

Hi. @Terra-cotta its not much different but i think its thee best way instead of papertowels use cotton wool for start then i use a plastic tub with a lid. I put my seeds in fridge for 24hrs thn i drop them into luke warm water for 24hrs. What i think that does is trick the seeds from winter to spring for a start after u drop them intto warm water for no more thn 24hrs and alot of the time it doesnt take 24hrs for seeds to sink. Mines normally sink within 2 to 4hrs i do get the odd one tht takes longer but ive done loads of seeds for ppl but this is my first ever grow so am learning aswell but every time i ise this method ove had 100% success but not all have had 100% which i think they have took a short cut. But thts my opinion. Think next grow i will do a short video showing how i germinate. If you want any more info on it just drop me a msg.

@Terra-cotta

I have reviewed all of the information and the only thing I see is the lack of info on the water

I don’t know the source of your water, so i will just assume it is tap/ municipal water.

Do you know what the pH of your water is out of the tap? Mine here is like 7.2 and peat pots (i’m not sure what ones)

require a pH of around 5.8

So if you didn’t pH your spray water then that probably did them in. Another possibility is that the water was not kept warm as your grow area and the cold water got them. Another possibility is the chlorine / chlormamine in the municipal water. If you don’t leave your water out and open forat least 24 hours before use, that can be detrimental to the little sprouts as well.

Add any number of other environmental issues? Too cold/ hot. Too wet/ dry. Too much light/ not enough or too far away./ too close.

Love to help you with more specific answers but without you providing pictures and more exact answers it is hard for me to be anymore specific.

I think we’d all like to help you grow great MJ plants

There are a lot of guides and blog articles and of course the grow bible here on the site. All of them contain valuable information on growing and especially in the sprout/ seedling stage.

3 Likes

@bob31 I understand . I just did a test run before my girls got here but I use tap water which is about the same as yours . Whenmy new girls arrive I’ll show my setup and then we can go from there . I think I got the environment under control only thing is humidity which is too dry but I have a germination station now. I might just use distilled water first for germination because when I did soak my old girls they were in tap water that wasn’t left out .I’ll update once they arrive and show you what I’ll do .

4 Likes

:v::+1::seedling::palm_tree::smiley:

Can’t wait! @Terra-cotta We’ll get you growin’ good!

2 Likes

Update : sorry for delay I was waiting to get back into to town to start my grow .

I dropped 2 gscx and 2 skywalker og into distilled water for 24 hrs and tails popped so I transferred them to the germination tray with dome I’ll drop some pics Once they come alive

4 Likes

Good luck @Terra-cotta
Following along very interested in the Skywalker grow…:seedling::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

If my tent reads 75f do I need to turn on my germination heat mat ?

4 Likes

@Terra-cotta 75° is pretty good but you could use the heating mat if you want. The heating mat helps create a moist environment in the humidome. It usually raises the temperatures up about 15-20° above ambient temperature.

1 Like

80 would be absolutely perfect! @Terra-cotta

1 Like

@bob31 any idea what makes it drop like that ? Maybe over water ?

2 Likes

@Terra-cotta the soil should moist but not wet at this stage. There’s still just barely past a tap root. I would put a lot of holes in the cup.

1 Like

@Covertgrower there’s a lot of holes in the bottom . But I had germinated 4 skywalker and all died . I’m doing something wrong just can’t figure out what . I only mist about 3 times too

1 Like

they need some holes in the sides. A lot of holes in the sides and the growing medium does look too wet. I barely even water the soil the first week or two, only spray the leaves or inside the dome. @Terra-cotta

an example of holes

Those were made with a soldering iron

1 Like

@Hogmaster this is what @Terra-cotta was talking about.

@Donaldj
@Covertgrower @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

So ilgm agreed to send replacement seeds so I’m waiting for those . But when I receive it I’m taking pictures of everything I have that way maybe you guys can help me when I germinate.

Is there such a thing about soil being too dry out the bag ?

1 Like

@Terra-cotta that’s awesome
Tagg me when you pist pictures of set up
Ive never heard of soil being to dry in bag

Yes I posted a link to thread I started just on seed starting I am starting plants in different mediums I actually just started 2 seeds in soil and described how I prep soil for seeds

1 Like