The life of a Girl Scout

What is the best way for long term seed storage, I have really high humidity where I am at.

I’ve gotten a shipping quote from Nectar of the Gods back in August for 29.00.

They include full size bottles for some of their line in the sample kit. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I’m going to definitely watch your grow !!

Best of luck to you!!!.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

@daddy any cool dry dark place. Freezer of fridge will work. Or the dressor.

1 Like

72 degrees and 65-70% humidity in the house not a good combo. I think it goes in the fridge lol

2 Likes

Im growing wwa with NOTG not only do love them but my girls do too. Easy to use, plant n user friendly.

3 Likes

@Alton66 got my quote from them today. 29.00 same as you. Makes sense. So sending it out this weekend and will see how long it takes to get here. Amazing that they do this. Expensive way of advertising.

3 Likes

@Daddy they need to be airtight if stored in the fridge. Cool, dry and dark

2 Likes

@Terra-cotta thanks for the info!!! Just did the form as well.

3 Likes

@daddy. Temp doesn’t matter, it’s the humidity that cracks them. Just dry and generally cool 50-70 degree

If you can vacuum seal bags, you can put a silica packet in it and they will last for years. Put inside a wooden armoire or dresser in your basement if you have one.

3 Likes

@cyberblast

Yeah my friend it’s rather strange that they do it but it’s awesome that they do.:grinning::+1:

2 Likes

@bob31 if humidity is 35% do you think my seedling stands a chance ? It may be that it’s too dry( i have the heat on inside ) . I’m pretty sure i killed my girls . Luckily these gscx are on the way

2 Likes

Typically you’d want 55% or more. @Terra-cotta

1 Like

@Terra-cotta

Why don’t you post a couple of pics and fill out this support ticket.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Consider one of these outside your tent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AQUK9S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?tag=greenrel-20

047569e630ee5cd20dde4e481a8f48c024eff626

3 Likes

@Terra-cotta You can make do with humidity that low when they are flowering becuase it keeps bud rot and the dust away. Right now I have a dehumidifier going in my large tent. Not a good one, but it does its part a little helping keep humidity down. Plus the ac in the house. Right now its at about 44 which is a good amount for flowering.

1 Like

@Alton66 yea, it is awesome that they do. I do plan on taking advantage of their generosity. Of course, the address I use isnt my grow address. 10 miles away. Stuff like that is never sent home. Looking forward to trying it and seeing how it does.

2 Likes

@bob31 thanks for posting that link above. Might look into it, but down where I am, humidity is the problem not the lack of it, even inside with the ac going it stays around 50 or 60. Thanks for that photo to about opitmal. Added that to my private journal. I do have a small dehumidifier but not too evffective. Getting a better one next week cause will be needed in a couple of weeks on my grow.

2 Likes

Just to clarify @Terra-cotta sprouts need very high humidity.I dome mine and spray the inside of the dome with pH water. After about a week to two weeks they can be un-domed, as they get bigger. Some I keep domed for two weeks, some for only a week. Each is different.

3 Likes

@bob31 yeah that’s my issue no some but I have it ordered hopefully it isn’t dead by Wednesday . I added a humidifer so it’s hitting 65 rh. It’s my second grow but first in winter so I’m learning haha

2 Likes

Gotcha. You can use a clear solo cup or cut a water bottle in half and cover them as a temp dome as well. Just a spray of pH water on the inside of the dome will help tremendously and when the humidity is low the water in the soil evaporates faster too! @Terra-cotta

1 Like

@Mikos I would like to see that method for germination I just had all my skywalker and la confidential die . As well as a Jack Herer

@bob31 haven’t revived my beans yet but I test ran a Jack Herer to see if it lived . Any tips on starting beans in the winter ?

My tent rh is low 25% ( i have a humidifier )
The temperature is a constant 77
It’s in a 4x4
Germination station with humidity dome and heat mat

I soaked 24 hrs , into paper towels then into red solo cups in FFHF . Misted and all my beans died .

1 Like