The Ladies Room -- not for plants!

my ol’lady and I do not argue…she does,… but we dont

7 Likes

I have talked to quite a few women on here but I generally don’t concern myself with gender having grown up with two sisters. Women tend to not announce themselves as such to avoid being mobbed by the men. This is one of the few online places I don’t see that happening.

I like to keep things simple. My grows are as basic as it gets, light, room, dirt plants water and food. I added a Scrog because I am growing a crop not a house plant and need to optimize bang for buck. I am not a big time gadget guy. I will buy necessary things like a cheap microscope so I can judge harvest time right, but I make bread from scratch and would not do it without a measuring cup and a thermometer on the stove.

10 Likes

LMFAO too funny!

I can tell you have a happy marriage. I’ve always believed that your spouse should also be your best friend, that’s what gives a marriage staying power if you’re lucky enough to pull that off. :couplekiss: congratulations on 24 years!

I think I’ve been married for 21 years, not sure 'cause both my hubster and I keep forgetting what year we were married. LOL! I know, it’s absurd! We have to look at our marriage license to be sure.

Okay, you asked nicely, so here goes, but you have to promise not to hate me. I happen to be a devout atheist, and it’s the glue that holds our family together. I’m reluctant to tell people because we are the most hated minority in the country, also the largest. I don’t really know why we’re so hated. We tend to be very good, humanists who care about others very much.

My philosophy is to be kind and generous to everyone now because this is all there is. I try to make everyone I meet happy, or at least smile, not for any reward, but because it is simply the right thing to do and ultimately makes me a better and happier person. It’s a pretty standard atheist approach to life. I don’t know why that scares people.

I’m not done yet…

6 Likes

Now for the politics…

One reason I’m here is because after this past election I have given up on politics. Cold turkey… I’m done! I was a political junkie ever since college; I ran my own websites on political discourse, political humor, and another on political strategies. I worked on campaigns with my daughters. I was insatiable.

The utter hate that has devolved over the past year and a half is disgusting, and I am so sorry I ever brought my daughters into such a vile process. I don’t really know what else to say about it except that as a fairly logical person I cannot live in a post-fact world where conspiracy theories rule over logic.

I know this is not going to be a popular view here in this forum. I know I will be called a “stupid elitist,” whatever the hell thats supposed to mean, but I’m hopeful only because everyone I’ve met here, so far seems like good people. So I’ve put my trust in you all. I don’t want to fight… I’m too tired.

5 Likes

Okay, okay! I get it! I’m taking back my theory until I get more proof. How’s that? :innocent:

Actually, I really like the direction this thread is taking – maybe I should change the title.

3 Likes

I penciled in Robert Bergman for president. Just say’n…

6 Likes

LOL! They are fun! Now that I have my grow tent set up the way I want it I ran out of things to buy! So now I’m looking to “extras”.

1 Like

My fav gadget so far for growing is the IP Cam in the tent. I like to watch I guess :open_mouth:

3 Likes

A watched plant never grows…lol

3 Likes

Probably true! It is nice to make sure the lights are going on and off on schedule and no major issues.

Now, if I could get this damn water to boil for my coffee… Better stop watching it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Back when hubster and I were poor, we did a lot of DIY projects, actually, I still do 'cause its fun. As soon as I get a chance I’m going to tell you all a good DIY story. :wink:

So how old are you, @Majiktoker? I didn’t realize you were a youngin’. Ugh, I’m probably old enough to be your mom… or GRANDMOM!

2 Likes

YES! I want one too!!!

2 Likes

I’m 21 years old I’ll be 22 next year and there is nothing wrong with that, even if you learn from some one younger there is nothing wrong with that lol it’s actually good to have a younger person that had some knowledge.

I was in a relationship by 14, married by 18 to the same girl then last year in January had my first kid. Long story short growing was my way up out of the gutters and i started really young and put forth all my time to learn how to grow being a young one. But it most certainly has paid off, it paid for me to be a mechanical engineer/mechanic by the time I was 20.

Enough about my life I can go on and in and on lol. But as for most people my age in about 5x smarter and truthfully got lucky to become a staff member at this young, in which I’m very thankful for

6 Likes

Just make sure you get one that can run on ethernet, not just wifi. The camera’s wifi doesn’t work so good when it has a foil hat on (the tent)…

1 Like

Oh to be young again :slight_smile: Good for you man!

1 Like

Eh it sucks lol, I didn’t give my self time to grow up I grew up to fast, but in return i got the best job i can ask for and get to work here with some of the greatest people you can possibly ever meet

2 Likes

Interesting direction, I wonder the age of people here as well.

I’ll be second…

I’m 48 going on about 25ish (tops). My 15 year old daughter often asks “why do I have to be the grown up here?”

1 Like

Lol, I feel like this is going to be a good thread lol we are gunna feel like family at the end of this lol

1 Like

Awww, that’s so sweet that you learned to gardening from your grandmother. And see? She taught you all about TLC for your plants.

You have to alert everone when you start your next grow. I want to see it from germination, too many people leave that part out. Tag me when you start, baby. :slight_smile: