The kind pen V3 review

So I picked it up yesterday at a local smoke shop. Super psyched that it came in. Seeing the shop ordered it just for me and originally would have to wait a few days before it came in but it was a day! Anyways got it home and read the very limited instruction. All of a page or two in a booklet the size of a book of matches. Relatively simple thou click power button 5 times to activate then 3 clicks to start the dry herb vape session. It has a time out after 240s and then you can click 3 times again and supposedly turn on another 240s session. Simple right well I click it 5 times blue light flashes great device is on, click 3 times and nothing. Try again click 5 times now it flashes red, click 3 times and nothing. So after clicking on and off and the 3 clicks for what seemed like hours. I got it to turn on and heat up. Not even sure how I did it because I had been clicking for ever. So take a few hits and get the taste very little vape to it thou. Possibly it is just not working correctly and not an operator error. Going to bring it back today so stay tuned!

@BIGE @Willd @Countryboyjvd1971 @Screwauger @SmoknGranny @AnneBonny @jmlove123

8 Likes

yea,i would be in touch with those folks @Smokin_ernie

2 Likes

Yeah I was a little disappointed but I go today and get it squared away

2 Likes

What brand is the vape? I bought an Apex (3) @ my smoke shop but they have little battery life. Looking for a good dry vape that isnt the price of a new car.

2 Likes

i bought a jug of everclear yesterday,i’m going to try making tincture today aslo @Smokin_ernie

2 Likes

@Laurap The name of company is “the kind pen” model V3.

I have a dry herb vape from davinchi model ascent and works great. Just wanted something different. It will do concentrate as well as dry herb. It comes with a glass bowl that inserts in dry herb chamber.

2 Likes

Sweet let me know how it goes. I am interested in that as well. Really I am interested in any other ways to be able to consume mj and not have to use fire.

1 Like

Thanks ill check it out. I tried my tincture that ive had for 10 days & Sweet! Happy all day!

Not to be silly but my vapes act up when not fully charged (and most have all those damn clicks to get to features). Certainly have the shop look at it but in future if she’s not vaping or working right, charge charge charge. @Smokin_ernie ps your results may vary, only limited vaping experience here. Good luck Brother.

4 Likes

We think a like buddy @Screwauger i charged it when I got home and the light went off rather quickly meaning it is charged. Had problems right from start so thought ok it needs more charge so did so till light went out again. So anyways just finished watering the girls and then going to get ready for the day. Then it is off to shopping. Which is kind of funny I am not much of a going shopping kind of guy persay but it is for my one of my most favorite hobbies. Have a good day brother!

1 Like

I have a cheap dry herb vape but prefer my pipes :blush: Anyhow, I learned to do fast clicks like a tommy gun! Now the thing works like a charm.

2 Likes

The kind pen are pretty good, I have the V2 its does all 3 -dry herd ,concentrate n oil. Kindpen also have lifetime warranty they’ll replace any part for free all you have to pay is the shipping😉

3 Likes

Ok I feel like a dummy I go to shop and explain my problem. The guy takes it and bam! It works not once but he does it twice. Apparently I don’t know how to count to 3 I was clicking 4 times go figure. So now that I can make it work. I will continue to test it out and have more to say later!

5 Likes

Haha too funny! Let us know how she works now

2 Likes

That’s the vape version correct I have 3 of the dream kind pens for my rosin and it is set up the same way 5 clicks on/off 3 click change temp settings and there are 3 different temps sounds like a bad pen they will definitely take care of you my pen has a lifetime warranty can’t be happier hope you get it all fixed

keep two in rotation If it’s anything like the use the buttons on the bottom are very touchy my hands are so calloused sometimes I can’t even get it to turn on

4 Likes

Ok so I have been able to just try the dry herb cartridge. It is pretty sweet setup but don’t think this is the best dry herb vape. There is only one setting for temp and the session it last is a short 240s. You can restart the session while it is all warmed up. Seems work better on the 2nd and 3rd session. I was kind of half excepting there would be more smoke/vape but there is next to nothing. It is possible that it is operator error but don’t think so. But then again it was operator error on the trying to turn it on. Anyways I still going to give it a try. Getting some headband shatter so can try that cartridge. I am going give it a week or so and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Oh yeah wanted to add that it doesn’t make me cough at all which is huge.

2 Likes

@Smokin_ernie did you figure this out
I use tbe dream by kind pen as well brother same as Hogmaster
They make a good product
If you email them they will respond to you in 24 hrs my last contact was less then 12 hr response

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 yes got it figured out. I wasn’t counting correctly. Go figure haha

2 Likes

Hahahaha yeah i was a little confused when i first got mine too buddy
I didnt read instructions until I couldn’t figure out how to turn it on hahaha
But i love mine
How it treating you bro @Smokin_ernie

2 Likes