The journey begins

Hey everyone
So today I finally planted my germinated Zkittles Autoflower seed into its soil. Now since I will be growing solely indoors and I have my setup ready to go. Now that that the seed is planted what is the best method for getting this little seed to sprout. I.e light? Watering? And such. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Only a few spray bottle squirts for the next 2 weeks should be enough water to get her up and started .once the 5 fingers leaves comes out , they ready to eat .

3 Likes

I use a clear dome aka I cut a 32oz Lipton tea bottle in two sizes. I spray the inside twice a day till the leaves touch the sides. Then pull the domes and its on like Donkey Kong.

2 Likes

So is there any sort of light schedule they should be on at this time

I use a clear cup as a dome over the seedling until it pops. This will raise the humidity. I then remove the cup. I’ve lost a few plants because of domes so I only use them sparingly.

If the seed has shown a tap root, then all you need to do is provide moisture and heat and it’ll grow. Once it has popped, water sparingly. I use an eyedropper and put a couple of drops right at the base of the plant every day for about a week. Then I move to a couple of ounces every other day or so for a week or so. I also start thoroughly soaking the plant every week.

1 Like

Autos don’t care about light schedule. They do what they want, when they want. You can run 12/12 to 24/0 and anywhere in between. Personally many Auto growers do 18/6.

Like all living things, we need a rest so 18/6 is fine.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:most living things. One of the exceptions is C3 plants, like cannabis. A photoperiod plant won’t flower on 24 hours light, but it will absolutely grow and do everything else it needs to without a single minute of darkness. I’m not suggesting this is best idea for most, but I have vegged plenty healthy plants on 24/0 for months on occasion. Here is a picture of one. No tent, no timer, just chilling under a 30ish watt led panel 24/0 for about 2 months.

2 Likes

Well i would of planted the seed in to a solo cup first so it could develop a good root system but since u have already put it in to ur pot put it under your light and when it pops up u want to get ur self some powerfeed from seasol add 2.5 mls to a ten ltr bucket of ph water it will promote good root growth

1 Like

@Aussie_autos in a peat pot Dec 23rd WW and today I went down and one is up!!! Yeah now I will hug,love,water,feed,and watch her and call her Jane and Jane will grow and be my friend … Now I am excited could you tell I quote cartoon and movie lines. Now name the cartoon. 4 plants up waiting for a few more, wife works from home now I love it cause it snowing and she doesnt have to drive home in it

1 Like

I do know the cartoon reference but i just cant remember the cartoon

Bugs bunny and the red monster I believe. Heres a twist both wife and I are sick like dogs Flu bug I hurt all over and i force myself downstairs because girls need water and it kills me to move, walk all i want to do is sleep… I need a robot. We are taking homopathic things drinking fulids and flu and cold tablets. Its Jan. Flu our WW is up about 2 inches

Not good @spudeater65 get better mate this is when u want a self watering system

1 Like

So after germination was completed I tossed my little seed into soil. I decided to use fox farm products and by recommendation I filled a 5 gallon pot 1/4 of FF ocean forest and 3/4 of happy frog I did a complete water soak of the soil before planting the seed so I had nice moist soil. Once the seed was planted on 12/27 I would use a spray bottle to keep the soil damp and then as of maybe less than a week ago this cute little green sprout pooped her head out of the soil. Since then I’ve been keeping her warm and occasionally spraying with ph balanced water to keep soil moisture up. This is where we are at as of 1/4. Any suggestions on anything would be greatly appreciated also what’s the next phase in this process.

1 Like

Looks great! A pretty baby girl. :blush:
I’m new enough (only on my second grow) but when you spray her soil, try not get the water on her leaves. Under your grow light, those drops will act like little magnifying glasses and put burned spots on her…
Good luck and happy growing.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it

1 Like

No problem… good luck😊

Yeah I wish I could do that,but money is tight
So I drag my butt up &down the stairs and tend to them and hope like heck they apperiacte sick dad trying to baby them to become big girls, every bean is in use 2 WW 1 Lemon tree punch, 1 GMO Punch ,1 mentos, 1 Purple Diesel , 1 Dacquari. We will see the 1 WW ,Purplw Diesel ,Mentos is up and growing ok slowly.Both wife and I have been sick since Before Chirstmas but hoping to get better. Happy frinkin New Year! @dbrn32 @yoshi @MrPeat @newt @oldmarine @Nicky

5 Likes

30 watt light on 24 hours a day is 720 watt hours per day. Over 31 days is roughly 22,000 watt hours or 22 kwh. At .20kwh is roughly $4 a month lol. Insulation and windows are going to be what they are, doesn’t really have anything to with your grow.

I don’t really need to do anything, because I know what happens. The dark period elongates internodal spacing. You just end up with a taller plant that has longer node spacing. Running on 18/6 would look somewhere in between the way it does and the plants you veg on 12/12. I don’t have a background in Biochemistry, but i do know electricians that couldn’t wire a 3 way switch. All I did is read a couple of articles and apply them to what I’ve seen happen to my own plants. Combining both experiences tells me cannabis doesn’t need dark period in any way, shape, or form except to flower.

3 Likes

Hope you’re all feeling better soon!

3 Likes

I have been rewarded today between attacks I looked and my Dacquari has grown up out of the soil. I was happy news I shouted out loud… I feed her yesterday a gallon of yummy and in overnight she appeared, plus I am watering everyone from the bottom, I learned THE HARD WAY>

OK the straws are there into the bottom of the peat pots that is where I add water and food for them and the little one standing tall she is under a glass cover ,the peat pot is a White Widow a little twisted. Slow motion I move because Slow Grows better. I am so happy for I made compot tea loaded the pots before putting beans in then Fungus Gnats neem oil attaked them Now Neem oil wil be ALL I use… Thanks to the cast Of Hundreds here teaching me and I even can help others. OK WHat do you all think about the straw Idea? @yoshi @MrPeat @Missesgrowfairy @Aussie_autos @Newt @Nicky @Hellraiser @BobbyDigital @oldmarine

6 Likes