The Journal of a Lazy Grower šŸ„Š

Thereā€™s a face at the bottom of that Tube light! Lol

7 Likes

Small world!

2 Likes

Um, well Iā€™ve never done under lighting myself so I donā€™t think I would be a good source to recommend one lol but, if I was to recommend something based on my growing knowledge and what I have seen others do, I would say any lighting that you would normally hang above your plants will work below your plants also lol.

You should build a light with @dbrn32 then you can put all your old lights underneath :wink: lol

3 Likes

Ha ha there is, I didnā€™t see that lol

4 Likes

Too funny. I have been building one for top but heā€™s against me putting them underneath. But I want them under for at least 1 grow to see if it makes a difference. But I canā€™t say it makes a difference or not if I donā€™t have the right lights lol. Oh and a few fans under as well

4 Likes

I donā€™t have any experience in installing lights under canopy like that. So youā€™re just as if not more familiar than me.

Awesome thread btw!

6 Likes

Iā€™m really glad you finally posted this. I canā€™t remember an indoor SCROG that looked this nice. Great job!

4 Likes

Then put them under there Itā€™s your grow lol.
Look, the whole concept of lollipopping is that when you cut a bud off from underneath, then the plant can take that energy and make its buds up top larger.

You are wanting to turn your whole plant into a bush and you really donā€™t need the scrog to do that. I scrog so that I can take a flat light and match it up with a flat plant, however I encourage you to try your idea, you might learn something that you never set out to learn in the first place.

Your idea will work, Iā€™m positive it will, I just donā€™t know if your return will match what you spend in lighting. I would venture a guess that that is probably why @dbrn32 tried to talk you out of it. His last name is Efficiency. Dbrn32 Efficiency, thatā€™s his actual full real name :wink:

12 Likes

Anything for my girl Dolly P!!

3 Likes

Ya I specifically asked him Bc I value his opinion. Iā€™m thinking the scrog on top for the same reason U do but I see no need to waste the bottom and it would almost b like a whole diff grow. Sep lights and fans and enough nutes and soil to provide her what she needs

2 Likes

Thereā€™s that lol. I feel like thereā€™s more to gain by seeing the scrog method out is all. And I donā€™t even like scrogs lol. Not big ones anyway.

When we go back to the beginning, Iā€™m just lost as to why weā€™re trying to reinvent the wheel here? We have @MattyBear pulling 1.25 gpw dry with a simple two board qb kit that he probably spent 30 minutes putting together. I absolutely love having bigger aspirations than that. But I donā€™t feel the direction this is going will successfully do that in quantity or quality.

Itā€™s not me being negative, just that Iā€™m not confident in saying itā€™s a good idea to spend your money that way. You asked what I thought, and Iā€™m happy to share. Like tdubwilly said, itā€™s your grow and you can certainly do it anyway youā€™d like. Maybe weā€™ll all learn something.

13 Likes

@TDubWilly

This is one marvelous grow and setup you have here. Every time I see someoneā€™s post I see something I would like to try. Great inspiration from your post

5 Likes

Awesome SCROG @TDubWilly and thanks for the tag @highcountrygal
Certainly inspirational.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I donā€™t feel u r being negative at all. If I didnā€™t want your opinion I wouldnā€™t have asked. U r by far the light guru. @TDubWilly is the scrog guru. So having the 2 of u discuss my issue is super appreciated.

Iā€™m not sure what I want to try will b worth it or successful either. I want to see if it will. If not I havenā€™t wasted anything. There is never a grower with extra lights just a grower in need of another grow room. The lights will b utilized even if not under my net after one grow.

4 Likes

Hey @TDubWilly just had a quick questionā€¦ I see that you have a chiller in your tentā€¦ donā€™t it throw off alot of heat?
Just wondering why you donā€™t put it outside of your tentā€¦:thinking:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I dunno about that lol, there has been some very good people that have given me very good guidance along the way.

Plus, this is only my SECOND scrog done right in my opinion. Iā€™ve put plants in the scrog before that but it was mainly just a ā€œcola holderā€ in my opinion, at least the way I was doing it.

2 Likes

Hey @peachfuzz :wave: actually the chiller throws zero heat at all! I donā€™t feel a thing ever coming from it. It doesnā€™t run constantly, it kicks on like an air conditioner does when it detects the water is warming up but I never feel any radiant heat at all coming off of it.

Hope that answered your question :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks Covert!!

1 Like

Wow, easy on the nice words, you got me blushing lolā€¦

Thank you very much! :blush:

1 Like

I have inquired about this myself and was told by some people on here who are very smart lol. The leaves canā€™t absorb light from under side and would ultimately be a waste of time energy and money. Iā€™m nor trying to sway you either way but it was a good enough answer for me I believe it was @Donaldj who gave me the answer I got I may be wrong about who because it was months ago but it was him or bob

2 Likes