The indoor wonderland flowers

My fourth grow. They are only on their 18th day and they are going great in dwc. I have Gorilla glue #4, Super skunk, Columbian gold, Durban poison, Northern lights and Grand daddy purple. Using advanced nutrients at 50 percent .What does everyone think?

9 Likes

Nice to see more hydro people lately. They look great.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind trying it but it looks to complicated.

1 Like

Yup those ladies look very happy and healthy. Great work. Insane how hydro speeds them up

2 Likes

That is what I thought but I got bubble bros buckets, advanced nutrients changed weekly and R.O. water is the best. I look at people who grow in dirt and they take forever. I got seed to bud in 100 days in my last grow. 6 plants over 1.5 lbs dried.

this is what I used to grow in dirt.

1 Like

is it possible for you to provide a buy list if i want to switch from soil to dwc?

2 Likes

1 5 gal black bucket
1 medium airstone
1 aquarium air pump
5’ clear or blue aquarium air hose
1 bucket top net pot " I like the 8in."
Hydroton to fill netpot
Rockwool cube
A good cheap line of nutes
Everyone here will make it workout for you :heart_eyes:
Check my journal I kind of walk through it
Gorilla Glue #4 from dead to filling a 4X6 tent for over 1 LB in 100 days or less in a race with a Durban Poison Autoflower clown_face

4 Likes

@boardsbird beat me to it. DWC is pretty simple. But if you have multiple plants it will be hard to get to the back ones. But it’s a cheap way to test it out. And it’s upgradeable to RDWC if you choose to.

2 Likes

Theres something to be said about never worrying about bug’s “filtered outside air intake”
And the nutes no harder to mix than making a modern day mixed drink for a uppity 21 year old girl :boom:

2 Likes

Lmao. Yall making great points. But im still team soil for now. Maybe next year

1 Like

Comon just throw a bubble-bucket in with your soil plants, they wont know until they get shaded by the DWC plant :man_farmer:t5:

3 Likes

Hahahaha. Nah. I cant invest more like that. My next bubble bucket is for teas. Im im the ground next year. But yea. Spring. Ill make sure you help me with some next level shiznit

1 Like

i feel like it would be easier to control ph in a dwc. is dwc deceptive? it seems easy.

also whats rdwc

RDWC is recirculating deep water culture. I’ll show you my room as an example. The tote with the yellow lid is a reservoir. The white pvc pipes keep all 3 totes balanced while the bigger black line pumps water out of the reservoir to the 2 with plants. It makes it where water is moved between the 3 regularly. And of course air lines to each for air stones just like regular DWC.

3 Likes

whats the advantage of recirculating the water? does it provide more volume and keep nutes and temperatures more balanced?

could i get a similar effect by pumping water from the bottom of the dwc and top feeding?

More evaporation and it salts your media up. You’d be better off spraying the roots

so id hook the spray nozzle to the line from the water pump and have it spray on the hydroton? seems like i should have four sprayers for coverage. do sprayers get clogged?

What he said, I got bubble bros they have special baskets in the middle for starting seedlings. I realized that you get better control with dwc and less bugs too.

1 Like

Complicated it isn’t, it’s really simple. Buckets, add medium for plant to grow on, I use the fired clay pellets, add large air pump , bubble stone. Use good water, preferably R.O. add nutrients. The key is to watch the ph and nutrients ppm. Plants like 5.8 ph so keep them happy and healthy, they go nuts very fast. I plan to 12/12 them October 30 , just 4 weeks after seed.

1 Like