The ILGM DownEast 12

3/4/17 updates!
(site)

1 Like

looking good @Willd funny that most of them look totally different from each other!

I imagine that is genetics showing their true properties. The Chocolope & Sour D seem to want/need more light than the rest too. They want to be 1" away from the bulbs vs. the rest being happy in that range between 3-4"

1 Like

outta like for awhile !!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Your girls are looking great! @Willd
:cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Click to view this mornings FIM results

They’re so photogenic I couldn’t help it.

8 Likes

Looking good :blush:

2 Likes

My girls today 3/8/17. They were a tad dry because of the oil furnace running for 4 days straight.

8 Likes

I thought Strawberry kush was a compact plant? Bot those are gonna be some nice big plants.

Do you take the greenhouse outside in the summer or just keep it in the basement?

1 Like

They look nice and healthy @Willd
And seem to enjoying the environment
A little water and your all good :grin::+1:

This is the first year I’ve gone to this much trouble starting seedlings of any kind but I will probably break it down and pack it away for next season. My wife and I both work a few PT shifts a week at a very generous neighboring farm before and after our FT jobs once the growing season gets going so there’s not a lot of need or use for a greenhouse other than to grow salad greens in winter and to start any seedlings we can’t acquire from the farm (like cannabis).

We’re considering the use of Agribon remay row covers over the girls if they’re not too big already when they get in the ground at the end of May, but I don’t think that’s going to be the case.
It’s helped us start some veggies early and keep growing fall crops like spinach and chard right through Nov even after a few hard frosts.

1 Like

no I think they are gonna be huge by then!

I saw a gh like yours on sale at ocean state job lot for pretty good money and I’m gonna look and see if they still have it. My wife isn’t real crazy about me growing in the house and the sooner I can get outside, the better!

2 Likes

Yeah this is the same one OSJL sells. It should do ok outside as long as you don’t have a lot of wind and monitor the heat. The stakes they provide couldn’t hold down an anemic mouse but you can always upgrade your anchoring with items from any decent independent hardware or big box building supply store.

It’s definitely better than the little covered plant stands I used to buy from them and double up to get enough width. I used to set that up in the main part of the house which introduced the whole issue of having to constantly adjust the timer so the T5 fixture and daylight were in sync.
You can actually walk in and stand erect inside it. It’s made from really heavy duty vinyl compared to the thin brittle stuff they include with the smaller stands.

I have a light tan colored Shelter Logic garage we use as a “woodshed”. It gets nice and warm in there and allows enough filtered light to use to harden the girls off for a 14-21 days before they get to their new homes in the ground.

1 Like

I thought it was. The wire shelves look just like the min greenhouse I bought.

I think it is two of them turned to the side and joined with larger tubing to make it a walk in. I like it lol… and cant beat the price.

1 Like

That IS kind of what it looks like but it isn’t. It’s better than that

Today’s pics for kicks. Closeups tomorrow on my website.
Tagged a bunch of you into my journal to watch, comment, aid with any suggestions, & shower your praises, etc…

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Hawkeye_diesel @Matthew420 @kabongster @darren @ragnar @tammyjo @deb1
@Aquaponic_Dumme
I know the pineapple haze is looking pretty stressed but everyone else seems ok so I have no intention or plan to stray from my current course. Once they recover from last week’s FIM they’ll be transplanted into 1 gallons until they get in the ground outside.

All the bushy new nodes on the Pineapple acting as sugar sinks already and sapping the sugar from the first couple sets of leaves maybe?
ProMix -BX medium. Well water. No idea of pH. No nutes
28Wx2 T5 6400k over each bank of 6 plants 3-4" above foliage.
Individual closeups with better lighting are much more revealing. These multiple plant shots are just for kicks

8 Likes

Looking good brother they look happy to me
Outta likes but I’ll be watching your journal

1 Like

What is the time frame for where you live to put them into ground ? I am asking because I am transplanting mine into 5 gallons pots also planning to put them into ground.
First time grower of cannabis and the time will be probably end of April…
Your 1 gallon pots got me interested , maybe I could downsize a bit to save space in greenhouse…
Thoughts ?

1 Like

I have to wait until late May to early June. I kept some clones in 1 gallons for almost 2 months in 2015 and while they were a little root bound, they practically did a dance when they got freed and placed in their roomy new homes in the ground. I recall seeing something about your altitude and threats of both early and late frosts in other posts. Where about on the globe are you?

This will be my 8th outdoor grow in a 10 year span. This is the first time I’ve grown from feminized seed. This is the first time I’ve created a dedicated space to grow my seedlings. I used to do it in the window sill/plant stand with supplemental T12, T8 or T5 fixtures at night. I started them so early because I already had this set up going for baby salad greens in winter and I’m a little impatient with winter being the longest season DownEast Mainer’s have the luxury of experiencing.
But as long as you can maintain a comfortable temp, adequate hydration & light, and a good breeze they should be ok in a 1 gallon for as long as several months really. You just don’t want to encourage so much veg growth that they start to exhibit symptoms of nutrient deficiencies.

A dozen 5 gallon grow containers would be a very tight squeeze in my “tent”. Also I think the 1 gallon size is much easier to manage irrigation wise.

1 Like