The ILGM DownEast 12

##April 15, 2017

They are growing like crazy and itchin’ to get the hell outside!
I made the mistake of introducing some leftover Sunshine Advanced #4 when I ran out of Pro Mix and doncha know now I’m finding gnats in my greenhouse. Not exactly the end of the world or anything but just annoying.
Seeing preflower on a couple. Guessing just from the stress of FIM and transplanting with so little time in between to recover. I am not going to be moving them around for pictures anymore as to not cause undue stress. So going forward these updates will be less detailed and have multiple plants in every shot.
Anyway…

AK-47

AMNESIA HAZE

BIG BUD

BLUEBERRY

BUBBLEGUM

CHOCOLOPE

GOLD LEAF

PINEAPPLE HAZE

PURPLE HAZE

SOUR DIESEL

STRAWBERRY KUSH

SUPER SILVER HAZE

9 Likes

Coming along beautifully all nice and bushy, they will grow into a monsters once unleashed…
Great job !!!

1 Like

##April 17, 2017

They are quickly outgrowing their nursery! Measurements are from the top of the pot, not the floor.

Really need to get a new skin on my woodshed.

6 Likes

##April 18, 2017

I noticed they’re respiring all over each other because some of the leaves are overlapping and some are touching the mylar film hanging on the walls. So here’s what I did about it.

Still thinking about fab’ing a new mylar “shroud” but keep telling myself “a few more weeks, Will, just a few more weeks”

10 Likes

They are going to explode when your finally able to put them outside @Willd
Nice looking grow my friend
I should be getting my portable green houses this week and hope to get a plant or two into as soon as this weekend
Night temps still getting down to the mid 40s with a few night mixed in in the high 30sbut I’m hoping in the green house will be ok for them
Your thoughts would be appreciated on this
And I getting ahead of my self bro?

3 Likes

Wonderful looking girls they will love to go out…
I am planting my Gold leafs outdoor this weekend…temps are in low 40’ s but thats what they are used to get in a greenhouse month ago…
So its a go time !!!

1 Like

they’re not going to get frosted in the greenhouse. but they don’t like temps below 50 very much in general. I think if you wait until after this next little cold front this week you should be able to start hardening them off and get them outside without much trouble

2 Likes

How do you keep them warm enough in there, @willd? Or are they there to begin to acclimatize or outdoors? They look really healthy :heart_eyes:

All I did was take the “skin” off the greenhouse down cellar and break it down so I could spread them out. It’s pretty much in the mid 60’s down there year 'round.

My auto siphon racking cane is coming to day so I can water them without making any puddles. Snow in the forecast tonight. We still have about a month to go before they can get transplanted outdoors.

Can you explain what that is Will? @Willd

Brewer’s supply typically used to transfer beer & wine into secondary ferment vessels or bottles. I don’t have easy access to water in the cellar so I’ve designed a set of up a 5 gallon bucket on a rolling typing table with a racking cane to water. You connect 7/16" ID tubing to it. My #10 qt galvanized watering can makes a big mess and is heavy when it’s full. I use one for dispensing my kombucha but I don’t want any traces of that culture growing in my weed water.

https://www.amazon.com/BSG-1-2-Auto-Siphon/dp/B00KN6KPEM/ref=sr_1_3?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes

Thanks again @Willd
I got the green houses yesterday and I’m not sure weather I’ll be keeping them boxes came beat to hell
One looked opened and might be missing some parts I unfortunately didn’t have time to inspect everything yesterday got home late so I will need to in pack them and check for damage and missing pieces this weekend so I may be waiting anyway hahahaha
Happy 420 bro

1 Like

##April 22, 2017

Winter is relentless.

AK-47

AMNESIA HAZE

BIG BUD

BLUEBERRY

BUBBLEGUM

CHOCOLOPE

GOLD LEAF

PINEAPPLE HAZE

PURPLE HAZE

SOUR DIESEL

STRAWBERRY KUSH

SUPER SILVER HAZE

Prepping goodies for the convention

13 Likes

Look yummy :yum:
And as usual plants look awesome brother have fun
Wish I was able to make it

##May 2, 2017

Not much new to report. Letting the camera acclimate to the inside temps before I take pic of the plants since I left it in the truck all weekend.

We got the “rainer” all fabricated and almost completely configured again. (still need one more impact sprinkler on a tripod) Some lucky neighbor grabbed about 25’ of scrap aluminum in the form of the seamless gutter the ice trashed last winter. We fortified the fascia and used more hangers than called for this time. We also went with vinyl since we’re not actually drinking it and 30’ came in at about $100. For the cost of a couple of replaceable connectors and self tapping stainless screws, the entire gutter can be disassembled in about an hour to be safely stored in the shed over winter

Mrs. WillD planted all 176 holes in the two 12 foot long #2 garden mats we laid out after hand turning that bed and we covered it with remay. If you’ve never heard of or used them and have better things to do than pull weeds all summer, do yourself a favor and check 'em out.

66 carrots, 44 spinach, 44 Wethersfield red onion, 22 buttercrunch lettuce.

Not tilling the upper plot where the DownEast 12 are going to live but the lower one is still far too soggy to even think about tilling yet.

Just about all 300 Garlic are showing themselves nicely.

BUT if things don’t dry out soon we’re going to have to turn the rest of the plot over manually with our broad forks.

8 Likes

##May 2, 2017 II

AK-47

AMNESIA HAZE

BIG BUD

BLUEBERRY

BUBBLEGUM

CHOCOLOPE

GOLD LEAF

PINEAPPLE HAZE

PURPLE HAZE

SOUR DIESEL

STRAWBERRY KUSH

SUPER SILVER HAZE

FIN

12 Likes

Look how bushy they are getting woohoo @Willd
Looking great brother they will love the sun once they get to see it finally lol
Nice job bro

3 Likes

“basement forest”

2 Likes

Looking awesome. Good thing Max got that soil turned for ya :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow thats awesome looking crop, my are not as big , but as of today , they all in the ground, I was busy last week like hell, but all situated and ready for season…
Looking good brother !