The grow journal of blu widow kohser kush the babys frm my 1st grow

hey peps how we doing so no one can tell me about wat the best hi to put the HPS & MHID and is it the light energy that is important more then the heat some one @noobius @bob31 @Donaldj @AmnesiaHaze @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 @Mikos @Growit @bonnie1

3 Likes

I use LED Lights @Shuggz sorry I can’t help you @dbrn32

3 Likes

Height is going to depend on a few things. Size of lights, stage of plants, and effective footprint of light.

I have to get wife her Christmas decorations, I’ll be back when I can read entire thread.

1 Like

@bob31 thanks most peps use them i jst use led as a lower light jst to boost the lower part of the plant so no cutting is need no waste no small budz etc u get it the drift but am i rite in saying its more about the light energy then and we cant really pull the sun down wen we do a outdoor gro yes the sun will give us heat of 36/40 but were out side so thats fine but in door we try to get close as pos to that if u knw wat talking about wat u think bless

1 Like

thanks talk soon then bless

1 Like

I am using sunlight and cfls and an led the price and operating costs of the hps and mh lights turned me off because I am just supplementing sunlight so didnt see the advantage. Sorry you are having these issues wish I was more help bruv.

Ok, I was able to see that you have both a 600 watt metal halide and a 600 watt hps running in there. How big is your tent? If I had to guess, I’d say 4’x4 maybe 5x5’ from pictures? Not any surprise at all that you’re running into temp/rh problems. Unless I’m way off on tent size.

Also, those are not cooled hoods correct!

mate the tent size is 1mx1mx2m the temps i have got to 25/29c and stay there wen lights are on only last two day been get funny temps wen lights off but now lights jst gone off i have left two fans runnin and slowed dwn exract fan so it do clear co2 out and yes two 600watts at the mo in veg 2weeks to go till flower then i will put hps on 600 and put the mhid on 240/400w i will see and thanks @dbrn32

1 Like

My man, either of those 600’s should be plenty by themselves. I realize you’re running them at reduced output, but a single 600 is like perfect for 1mx1m. That’s like 120 hid Watts per foot. To be completely honest, I’m not sure how you’re keeping them as cool as you are.

If it were me, I would run the mh at full power in center of that tent. Probably about 20” above the tops of your plants. Or at least above the average height of your plants. You can go lower if plants are hardened properly, but I would guess that 18-20” is going to be about right for you vegging with a 600. Place your hand palm down over your plants, if it’s too hot for hand then it’s too hot for your plants. Thats general rule, not the law.

When you decide to flower, just switch out the mh for the hps. You may want to start it a couple inches higher over canopy as the hps is generally a little higher output. As the plants stretch you can adjust lamp height so it’s a little closer to the plants. Just do it little by little over time, and you should be good. I could get 400 pretty darn close without frying plants this way, but the footprint got too small. I would guess 16” above canopy is probably as low as you would ever want light.

I believe what you’re seeing is reaction to vapor pressure density. I can’t explain it the way it should be, too scientific for me lol. But if you take the swings out of temperatures, you should see everything become more manageable.

If you haven’t already, you can look into remote ballasts and cool tubes to help with temps too. But I really think you’ll be fine with one fixture. Just keep fresh bulbs in every 2-3 cycles.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 thanks mate
and the only way i can keep i temps at 25/30c more on the 26c is have 2 fans and 1 extract fan in the tent and a big fan blowin towards my bedroom cause it is cold air and so far so good heres a foto

so my babys are doing fine atm 2 weeks left till i go to flower
@bob31 @Donaldj @Growit @Nug-bug @AmnesiaHaze @Mikos @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 @bonnie1 bless

5 Likes

They look pretty good, so I’d say you’re doing a great job of managing. If it gets to be too much, just drop down to the single fixture. Temps should be easily managed there, and you’ll have plenty of light.

4 Likes

blessd fam

1 Like

Looking good @Shuggz

1 Like

@Shuggz… hey lookin good :+1:you’ll have buds soon… you’re halfway there!! Happy growing

2 Likes

bless family @bonnie1 @Covertgrower

hey my gro fam how we doing i hope all is well
ok everthing is ok ere jst a few things i finding that 5 of my babys look hunrgy again and i only feed on sat so its lookin like every other day but im not sure is it to soon to give wid nute again cause every 4 days is ok but wat about every other day is that fine to or jst water thanks o the 5 that r like that are the 2 kushs & 3blu widow kush and these one have got the clay pellets in and soiless mix that i messd up anyway some or i will leave till 2moro thanks @Mikos @dbrn32 @bob31 @bonnie1 @Growit @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 if i left some one out sorri got to get to appointment talk in abit bless

1 Like

@shuggz I feed every third water day. So feed, water, water, feed …etc

@Shuggz this depends on their part of life they’re at. In full flower I fed every time. But they needed it.

1 Like

hey fam i hope all is well aand thanks, fam they are in veg still the 8th dec will be goin to 12/12 these 5 are wid clay pellets so i think i will do 2moro now but it will be every 2days and the once in jst the soiless mix they are fine they are as i was doing on the 4th day

also the place were i got all my thing frrm they were saying that i shud b givin nutes on every feed and water wen i flush so is it that i shud be doin 1 water then 1 feed then 1 water then 1 feed is that so fam @noobius @Covertgrower

hey peps so im planning my nxt one all ready if plan good its shud be good got x3 seed to pop of the blu widow kush also got the cuttin anyway now these seed have popd wen the others babys are done the x3 i potted today will going in to veg wen the 8 are in flower yeah i cant stop now i have got going