The Great Phauto Cloning Experiment

they’re getting bigger. and thick. and so beautifully fugly. we’re mid week 8 from snip. now i’m hoping they’ve already undergone most of their stretch cuz otherwise we may be in trouble in the 2x2.

they’re still looking light stressed, which is baffling as mama was outside all summer in 100 degree heat and was luscious. but one more day and hopefully they’ll be in their downgraded digs and will be flipped to flower over the weekend. temps have been 76-78 and 60% humidity.

tomorrow the new fan should come. pretty PO’d i called them at 9:01 on monday morning to get a replacement asap and they sent it out at lightning speed and then chose ground shipping. good thing i had an extra tent.

2 Likes

End Week 8 from Snip and Day 1 Flip

4 amnesia haze phautos (ILGM)
Coco Loco with dry organic amendments that i forgot to top dress with bloom nutes. oops.
3 gallon fabric pots
King LED 1500 double chip somethingsomething flipped to bloom lighting

game on. took a week to get the fan replaced, but here we go. now i have another space i need to control. it’s suddenly warmer and drier in the tent. hopefully they don’t get too shocked. temp is 83 and humidity only 35-45%. they’re in a 2x2x4 tent sitting on top of a night stand. fancy.

for now, please enjoy these fine blurple shots.

2 Likes

5 days from flip

just realized my fancy blurple has two lights on it and they should BOTH be on same same. so i did that.

probably too soon to see much but wanted to measure the height just so i can see if they actually stretch or not. they were lightly watered again today, pitcher filtered tap Ph’d to 6.8. i am starting to have some issues with one of the plants. didn’t bother to take a pic cuz it’s too dark in the room and the blurple makes it impossible to see.

funny thing to see though is that the pistils are getting orange. i have no idea what that means. i kinda think these are never going to actually flower.

ignore the insane colors. tried to color correct. used flash on one of the photos that just changed the color in spots.

1 Like

Older pistils/calyx will mature at the original pace. No big. Lets gets some new pistils popping!

2 Likes

waitin. waitin. feel like i been playing this game since june. oh wait… i have.

1 Like

Mid Week 2 of “flower” Update

yeah… i dunno. going to give this a few more days and then i’m calling time of death. zero growth in height the last week and a half since flipping, though maybe a few more pistils? it’s also hot as blazes in the tent and i can’t keep the humidity in there since the fan is always running to keep the temp down. this light is just too hot and the tent is too small. i got a QB120 today, may put it together and swap out and see if it helps, but i’m still not convinced these things are gonna flower.

today

1 week ago

1 Like

It does seem stalled, but looks happy. Clones take a while to really get going with the roots and new growth. Maybe the better light will surprise you. :crossed_fingers:

i think it’s like 10 weeks lol. in a way it’ll almost make feel better if they don’t. if bertha was never gonna flower i don’t need to wonder how many pounds were lost.

2 Likes

start of week 3 “flower”:

I think i see more flowering? PURP, JEFFE! I’VE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE JUNE. god help me, i think i need another week to know?? they are hideous. and the back left one is dying. i’m not sure of what but once again, looks like the affliction that took my plushberry. i haven’t even taken it out of the tent to check it out, i’m losing steam with damn plant.

it’s also way too hot and too dry in here. the little humidifier can’t keep up as the exhaust is constantly spinning to take out excess heat. the window to the room is open and i’ts only been in the 40s. the room is freezing. theres really not much i can do. this was an ad hoc space to begin with.

2 Likes

I’d say they look like auto clones. Either way, the heat isn’t helping anything. There hasn’t been much growth at all, has there? I wish I could remember better what’s going on here, but they’re still looking pretty happy, except the little bit of clawing/curling.

1 Like

Yea look to be bulking just a bit. I wonder whats killing em slowly… wish u could mail me a clone to change environmental variables

2 Likes

these are the clones of my giant outdoor auto that i chased around all summer. amhaze in soil with dry amendments.

sigh. i will give it another week. i think i’d need another fan for active intake to really cool it down but not sure i have more $ to spare.

they haven’t grown in height at all. not sure about the flowering part. if they put on small colas i’d be happy

1 Like

oh the lab, the laaaaaab. some day. apparently i missed like 10 emails where they were giving away access with seed purchases. they really buried that text in the emails so i never saw it. now i’m ready and the thanksgiving special isn’t offering it. :roll_eyes:

Haha patience young grasshopper. When it is time im sure ull jump on it

1 Like

That’ll be one of the first things I buy should a big bag of money fall into my lap.

1 Like

Jefe u literally have a youtube channel. Connections should be the least of ur worries. :wink:

1 Like

I’m not even growing at the moment, and I don’t want to break any rules and risk it. But yeah.

1 Like

Ahh true

The cloning experiment has concluded. this was no phauto, photo nor auto but a giant FAIL. they shot a few pistols out every once in awhile to keep me hooked week after week but there was 0 stretch and 0 upward stack. they never grew another millimeter. so, time of death has been called. sad day here, bagging up three separate tents. time to start anew.

3 Likes

Dont toss the tents. Nuke em and let em go outside on a below freezing stretch