The Grammar Nag

Hi guys and gals,

Now I really hate to do this, but I think someone has to. One thing I’ve been noticing is a lot of misunderstandings because of simple grammatical errors.

Because people come to this forum for help and advice I think this little problem is more important than at many other sites. I swear I am not really a grammar-nazi, but I do understand the basics. I’m not sure how to go about this, so if anyone has any ideas I’m all ears.

Do you guys think something would be helpful to stop these miscommunications? I also realize there are quite a few people here who speak english as a second or third language, which is a whole other problem, but still, proper English will help them too.

What say you? Do you want a grammar-nazi, or am I wasting my time? SUGGESTIONS NEEDED.

4 Likes

I think you may have just entered no mans land… Or ladies for that matter…:fearful:
Not to sure how many people want to come to school when trying to figure out their grow problems… But then again , who am I to say any different… Hmm … This should be interesting…

:v::sunglasses:

Awe man another Grammer nazi. Lol

1 Like

@raustin I know I’m stupid …not sure if I want people telling me that I am though …lol​:grin::grinning::smiley::joy::laughing:

5 Likes

I thought we rounded all you grammar nazi’s up after the war Lmfao :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I use the Grammarly plug-in for my browser. It suggests spelling and grammar corrections. Pretty much spell and grammar checking in any text field in a browser.

1 Like

LOL!!! Who knows what this will actually turn into! But yeah, I know it’s a bit… off.

You are=you’re. I’m done lol

3 Likes

Okay, should I just nix this idea then? Actually, you guys who posted here have no grammar problems at all. I can understand your posts perfectly. It’s… others that don’t have the skill.

And I don’t think anyone is stupid because they don’t know their grammar and spelling!

3 Likes

Okay maybe not stupid… but illiterate… LOL​:smiley::smile::grin::joy::laughing:

1 Like

I don’t spell very well so I use predicted text, I also smoke weed a lot of weed as do all of use here and I my self have gotten way to high to be talking about anything other than growing on here. Also im a lazy writer who likes to use what I call text speak. And that doesn’t help anyone who doesn’t know American slang and under stand it.

But with that being said I do under stand ur point @raustin but yeah. Its all good homie

2 Likes

LOL!!! Yes, that’s a good one, and I see it aaaaalll the time.

This is the one that really drives me nuts:
To, too, two! I see this constantly!
Too means also, as in “Can I have some too?” also “too much” This can be very confusing when explaining something to someone and almost everyone does it.

2 Likes

eh, deleted my post. Maybe taken the wrong way by people who don’t speak English as a primary language. I can only speak one language so anyone who can speak and write more than one language (even if it’s not perfect), is doing awesome in my book.

3 Likes

Yes, I have to agree with you on that. I didn’t even see the post you deleted, but yeah, we should all think twice about how we post our messages.

Poor Matt_auto had so many language problems and I kept trying to help him, but too many people and sloppy writing had him so confused.

1 Like

Well, I just realized that I probably insulted and offended everyone in the forum. LOL!!! That’s not what I meant to do. I just thought maybe I could help in some way.

Thank you for understanding. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, it wasn’t a big deal but I try to be sensitive to people’s feelings. Better safe than sorry so I pulled it.

I know, you’ve done great and so has he. Honestly, I thought his English was fine :slight_smile:

State things very clear, re-read what you type and make sure there are no typos. We can’t do any thing about that unfortunately. As for things being misunderstood, that’s why things are/should be explained to the fullest leaving no details out.

As for the people that it’s their second or third language we do the best to understand them, and i think we even have a translater here

5 Likes

@raustin , I hear you . and a marvelous thing out there is called Spell Check … And anther thing is called proof reading . (prior to hitting the reply button )
Last but not least iam sure , LOL . Some folks who come here have to use a translator of sorts so some things are a bit rough in translation. :crystal_ball: :eyeglasses:
Hammer .

5 Likes

Like I said @raustin … a pretty interesting amount of comments from all sides of the fence… Hmm interesting …

I kind of feel like a mad scientist watching another mad scientist at work @raustin:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::laughing:

2 Likes

I cant believe nobody stated the fact that many people here may have Just smoked a Fatty after work and just got onboard on a greet conversetoin and r hving a little truble speling caus I don’t no. whut wer we talkin about?

4 Likes