The Girls' Toybox...work in progress

Managed to get all the pumps done and most of the pvc piping re-done…again…lol
So I now have the 4 pot area setup and filled…Box 1
I also did Box 2 with 2 plants that have been in Box 1 for a few weeks now.

Box 1:

Box 2:

Heres how the 4 pot pvc is setup to spray…hits bottom edge of pots.

Well back to work…lol

5 Likes

That’s impressive…well done :+1:

3 Likes

Well took pics the other day of box 3…still need to update the pvc in it…just little wider is all so not to worried right now…they are flowering…yeah !

Well I think I should start getting into some proper nutes…I have just been using simple 20-20-20 and 15-30-15 MiacleGro powered stuff…worked fine for my tests anyways.
But now its get this thing into proper action and use something better…ideas ?
And remember I’m very very cheap…lol

2 Likes

Ok another question…lol
Was thinking on this painting the bins people do, yes guilty of trying once also, but what about ‘wrap’…the stuff they use on cars…its basically one big piece of tape, but may bend around the totes much tighter…and we can make custom designs/colors, etc…lol
And any suggestion for nutes…going out shopping today to find something…maybe see my old pal at the hydro store in town…l8r all and happy growing today !

1 Like

Annnnnnd few more $ spent today…lol

Can someone post the schedule charts for these…I get URL Phishing block

1 Like

Just in case someone else needs them…

2 Likes

I am using the same nutes. I am mostly using pH up tho… Growing in soil,coco mix.

1 Like

Well its been another week…@ day 19 since switch to 12/12 and 3 days less to see the buds start…all seems ok so far.
I have been slowing introducing the nutes over past week…every 3 days I change res with new nutes (pH’d) and add 50%…should be up to normal amounts this weekend and then they should take off a little…hoping…lol
Still working on ventilation, but it should be figured out soon too…summer temps are coming…yuck !

2 Likes

Looking good, keep up the good work

@Mrcrabs…Thank you … Roots are looking little darker now…not bad tho, I think it may be ok for now…adding some 3% H2O2 to help.

1 Like

You now more than i do, ive done aquaponics but never hydroponic, they looking great, my roots at times would turn a littke yellow bur i never saw any problems, good luck

Ha ha ha ha…well I’m not sure about that remark…I just have a lot of time on my hands and seem to read and try more then the average grower I guess.
I really just started getting into growing not long ago. I have been running a few small tests for about a year now while I have been building and assembling. Just like most grower…problems, kinks or simply plain old bad ideas that never worked out have slowed me down here and there…lol
So this is where I’m at today…Managed to get a little more done while fighting spider mites (AGAIN…ARRRRG) and getting the plants on the new nutrients

Pic #1: All closed up for the night.

Pic #2: Opened and all lit up.

Picture #3: Powered down for quick pic to show the parts a little better.

Still working on ventilation and room temps.

1 Like

And a few close ups of the girls…

BOX #1: 4 x Gorilla Glue #4

BOX #2: Left=Gorilla Glue #4 … Right=Karibbean Mango.

BOX #3: 2 x Green Crack

BOX #4: Final test plant(s)…Karibbean Mango…she had little issue with spider mites…poor girl went through hell, but figured I let her continue and see what she will produce.

Oh and Box #2 I decided to try a mini scrog net…

I just gave her a bit of a wet down in the bath tub and did a little LST and super cropping…so she is a little sad and angry, but wanted to wash off the neem oil residue.

And with the net…

And today…

2 Likes

Haha, ive have many things go wrong with my grows and now i look back and think, im greatfull for them. Our experience’s good or bad. Are the best teacher’s we could ever have. Its up to us not to repeat them, ive struggled with spider mites myself and now just as a preventative plan , i spray them once a week with organocide and haven’t had any issues yet, keeping my fingers crossed. Very nice setup, goid luck with them mites

1 Like

Yes I think I won the battle too…well so far…still do spays around the box every week just to be sure…until I run out of neem oil then it should be good…lol
I too like having problems…gives me something to do besides watching the plants grow.

1 Like

Your girls are lovely :wink:

1 Like

Thanks…so far,lol

1 Like

So here is what the basic parts look like without plants.

Once plant is in i cover the blue panels with 1 layer of thin black plastic (24"x24") and then cover that with thin foil sheet (24"x24")…holes in center for plant(s).
Then a frame sit on top around edges to block out the light.
I use the fill hole to top up and take readings so nothing has to move until I need to change out the tote/bin…about once a week…have gone up to 2 weeks and no real problems.

2 Likes

Well as you see…box 3 @ day 32…just remembered box 2 and 1 are few days different…lol
BOX #1 - 4 x GG#4

BOX #2 - Left=GG#4 Right=Karibbean Mango

BOX #3 - 2 x Green Crack

Left plant - Green Crack

Right plant - Green Crack

3 Likes

Looking good

1 Like