The girls are deficient!

Recently flushed them down between 800 and 900 ppm. What would be a good game plan to try and get them to the finish line.
Also im trying to understand why they got this way since i was always watch my ec 980 and ph 6.2 and never went above 980 ppm only other thing i implemented was the microbes in-between feeds and watering. Could it have nutrient locked because of salt build up. The ppms of run off were through the roof hence the flush @Newt @VaHillbilly @Graysin @MrPeat i know all you guys are experts here please advise. Kindly appreciated!

3 Likes

Microbes can dramatically increase nute uptake and cause burning.

If a flush took you down to 800, then either you didn’t flush out much at all or your PPM was crazy high. My target PPM for flushes is 300.

5 Likes

It took 20 plus gallons each to get down to that much!! I was up till 3am some were as high as 2200. So was all that for nothing? Should i have brought them down all the way to 300, i would probably still be flushing them. Smh! And i had no idea!! I thought microbes wasnt going to ever hurt them in any way!! Live and learn!!

1 Like

Yes. High PPM from a salt based fertilizer is associated with too low of a pH, which can impact nitrogen uptake. Some nutrient lines are worse than others.

I would do your best to maintain a runoff PPM as close to 1,000 as possible, while also keeping runoff pH in check.

If pH remains a problem - most quality cannabis soils will correct to a pH of ~6.5 with a good flush.

3 Likes

I’ve burned plants using microbes before. You have to be careful with them. They do their job a little too good.

5 Likes

I am spot on 6.5 from run off

5 Likes

I’m not sure I can be any help. I don’t measure runoff, I just feep per schedule unless I see issues, then if I need info about the soil, I do a slurry test from several inches down to get to the root zone.

6 Likes

I honestly wish i would have known better! This has caused a lot of stress for me! But knowing makes me feel a lot better for future refrence. I did something stupid after flush. Im sure you can guess what it is.

2 Likes

Appreciate your time brother, thx for the response. If you know of anyone that could assist me with bringing these girls to the finish please tag! Kindly appreciated!

1 Like

@SilvaBack203 @pr

3 Likes

They have you on the right track. What lineup of nutrients are you running. Sorry if you already addressd this. But I didn’t catch it above.

Another question is what are the ppms for your water before adding any nutrients? Hard water tends to build up ppm wise with stuff unusable to the plant. So that maybe why you are seeing higher ppms with deficiency by the leaves.

1 Like

Microbes digest nutrient compounds and make those compounds more biologically available to plants. A human analogy may help. We cook our foods to make them easier to digest. Same concept. The more microbes in a grow medium, the greater ability the plant has to absorb the pre-digested nutrients.

6 Likes

I do not flush as I never have these issues. But it sounds like you are covered.

3 Likes

Running jacks 123 and only other implementation is mpk that i ran twice together with jacks as a booster. But when i gave MPK i lowered the amount of jacks and added MPK.
My home tap water is between 50ec and as high as 60ec at times. And with the water it totals 980ppm.
Hope that makes sense.
I just learning all this.
Being that my tap water is 60ec thats ok, right?

3 Likes

Thx for taking the time to respond, appreciated! :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Good choice. Jack’s is much better about not being so salty. The Fox Farm Trio, for example, is terrible about salt buildup. I switched to Jack’s (from the FF Trio) last year and love it.

5 Likes

Makes perfect sense. I guess its impossible to learn everything all at once.
Now i know when someone suggests you give your plants something thats good for them. Always ask what’s it for and what does it do! I been doing that since day one. If they tell me something is good or great for my plants, i buy it!! But i don’t ever ask why or ever do the research!
Note to self!! Do the research :expressionless:

5 Likes

I wish I could have helped but you are already in good hands. :+1:

3 Likes

With your help i would have never been in this predicament! But i’m still hopeful! :expressionless:

1 Like

I can’t help but feel it’s a residual issue based on the soil you started with - I think you’re going in the right direction and great advice has already beat me to the punch for being any help. Keep on keeping on, my friend.

3 Likes