The Force is Strong in this one!

Good morning gardeners ! I trimmed my lady down again and get her down to a point where it almost looks like the demonstrations by Nugbuckets. As many of you know, I tend to follow my own instincts and thus far, have manages to learn a lot and get some pretty decent yields.

Opened the box today and found my lady climbing up into the lights again ! Can’t seem to slow her down. I looked over the outline last night, under the effects of Alaska Thunder F and it made sense last night but not today (Go Figure ! ) so I reviewed it today and chopped away on her.

I took the top sugar leaves off and left the first node on the main stem. I trimmed off the sugar leaves and now have the first node producing a cola or two also. I trimmed the second set of leaves on the end of the main stem and will produce the 8 cola top out of the end (4 on each end) as well as 4 more inside the end making a total of 16 colas on one plant.

I am pushing her pretty hard but a couple friends that grow think my plan is sound and she has done nothing but GROW from day 1. Pictures below.

Top (Mainstem)

As you can see, I put the lower branch perpendicular to the mainstem and will get four more colas off it.

An ambitious grow but going to go for it and hope for the best. I figured that as long as she is going to grow like crazy, I may as well take advantage of it ! May the Force continue to be with her ! ! :us::man_farmer:

10 Likes

Nice job! You inspire me to do something like that :joy:
She’s 30 days old?

1 Like

Yes she is 31 days old. Doing well and seems to have taken the trimming well.

2 Likes

Good to hear that… I will let you know if I will do the same!

1 Like

Wow, very nice… :+1::+1::+1:
You have more balls than I do… LoL
I’d be a little skittish about topping that much…
Hope it pays off for Ya… :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
I’ll be watching how it goes…
Looking really Good… :dash::deciduous_tree::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

you are goin to make that girl stay low @TxGrowman lol
i’m with you,she probably would have grown out of your area really quick! lol
i’m watching and learning with you!

1 Like

@BIGE Not so much making her low (although that was one worry) as wanting to get her in shape to carry all that weight. This way, the weight will be distributed and I hope I will have some nice colas ! I am going to get a peony cage that I am going to use as a support mechanism. Nugbuckets mentioned that in his outline. I hope I can get some nice colas. There is no place for any small buds now.

@Dragon269 If you noticed in my log, her rate of growth has been phenominal up to now. I really believe that she can handle it. This lady jumped up right from the start. I am one of the first ones to grow Skywalker so i figured I could give it a test drive and see what she will do. That may help anyone else that plans on growing it. I think this is going to be classified as a good grower, at least from the views I have seen of her growth. @Tylan and I believe @Niala also have this going.

Grow Journal update:
I just opened the grow box and the leaves are all straight up and looking great! She may get nutes tomorrow (Sensi-Grow 3 ml, Golden Tree 3ml.) I haven’t decided yet. I was looking at the leaves I trimmed off her, they look great so far but I think I will give her a few days to recover after this trim. I am not even considering Cal/mg yet. She looks good so far. I may go with some Armour Si to help strengthen the stalk. I am going to let her grow a little and maybe get some more stalk strength.

This has been a really fun grow so far. I hope it continues to be. :us::man_farmer:
A Quick tip of the cap to:
@garrigan62 @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Willd @Niala They have all helped me a lot.

6 Likes

I will not confirm or deny that I have something cooking @TxGrowman, lol :wink: :sweat_smile: :innocent:, If it is, it’s not from ILGM :wink:

Thanks for the kind word, Jerry, :grinning: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :blush:

I am still following you with great interest my friend :grinning: :+1:

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

Just got my Skywalker and MK Ultra in mail today… Woohoo…

6 Likes

Lets see if Ive got this right…you top the main stem between the 4th and 5th nodes and cut off everything up to the third node. Then you let your 2 new branches grow to THEIR 5th node and do the same, right? And so on until you get the number of branches you want. Node 5 is coming in clearly now, I’ll top tomorrow when I can see it a bit better. I’m not as brave as you are, I think I’ll stop at 4 colas and see how that works out. Love watching how your Skywalker is progressing!

3 Likes

Nugbuckets says to cut to the 3rd node and clean up all remaining leaves below that. Then fasten the two remaining main stems of the third node at 90 degree angles to the ground. If you are stopping at 4 colas. Your colas will start to form off those stems. They will start growing straight up from there. You may have to LST or supercrop a little to keep spaces between the colas to let the light get to everything. The main take away point is that all colas are growing the same distance from the ground and all nutrients will travel the same distance to get to the tops.

I topped at the 4th node and cut everything off to the 3rd node and kept the 3 & 4 nodes. Nugbuckets leaves only the top node.

Did you find the Nugbuckets Mainlining journal on line. It is on another site.

I have bud sites all over the place and may end up taking off a couple to make room. I am going to try to keep all but it is gonna be crowded in there. But then again, what is life without a few challenges. :us::man_farmer:

5 Likes

May crowded colas be our lifes greatest challenge. I think I my have seen the Nugbuckets video, is it on YouTube?

2 Likes

Do a search of “Nugbucket grow journal” and you should find the whole tutorial. I’m reading it right now and it is very detailed.

4 Likes

Ok thanks, I’ll check it out. You still going through with your “how to make oil” plan?

Yes Starting today with Decarboxylation.

3 Likes

COOL! Are ypu planning on extracting the oil with alcohol or something less flammable like coconut oil?

I do it with 99% iso alcohol. This gives me the best yields so far.
@DieHigh55

3 Likes

Thanks @MAXHeadRoom I’m not the most computer literate person on this site. What can I say, I did medicine for 42 years ?? LOL Can’t wait to see the work on the oil ! I want to get like you, not high from my treatment but no pain and anxiety.

@DieHigh55 Amen to that ! Some days getting out of bed is a challenge ! U Tube has a multitude of articles on mainlining/Manifolding !

3 Likes

I did find find a great tutorial on another grow site. I just put a Gold Leaf seed in water today so I will have a plant to experiment with. That GL can take a real beating and still come back strong so I will give that a go.

2 Likes

I heard GL is AWESOME on mainline. It is a hearty growing plant and great taste. It is really high in CBD also so a great one for you. Will be watchin’ !

1 Like