The Force is Strong in this one!

You put a lot of work into this grow. Will 3.5 oz last you until the next harvest?

2 Likes

Congrats man it sounds amazing! A proper flush is key :v:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your harvest, my friendā€¦nice haul! :+1:

1 Like

I think 3.5 will do. I am using only about a gram every 4-5 days. I figure about 1/2 oz a month and a friend gifted me some good Alaska Thunder to use for special times. He runs a hydro shop and has 14 plants in one room. I am not using much but I am controlling my depression and insomnia with that amount. That was what this grow was all about, just thankful it turned out so good for me to use. I tried smoking more than two small bowls one day and I was out of it for a while. I am glad that Skywalker is so strong. Trying to get my grow going again but I am waiting for the wife to plan her trips for this summer. I am not doing well so the trips are going to be minimal for me this year.

The only one we are waiting for now is going to NY state to bury my mom who died in December. The ground there is frozen about half the year so when they bury them, it is a busy time. Looks like it will be mid June before they get to Mom.

My next grow is hopefully going to be a Skywalker and a Grand Daddy Purple in the 2x4x5 tent and the Afghan fem that I got from BOM in my grow box. That should keep me busy between the grows and all the new doctors I have now.

I just got a new, really good lung doctor and a new ENT doctor. They work together a lot and I have heard nothing but good about both of them from many patients. Hope they can do some magic and get me a little better at least ! Take care Brother and happy grows. Jerry :man_farmer:

PS: It was not the plant at fault, I chose the wrong plant to grow in the small grow box I have. I am overall pleased with the yield, it was the best I have had in it as far as dry weight

4 Likes

You really donā€™t need that much when itā€™s good weed. Glad to hear you got some good docs. That makes a big difference when you know you have the best around. They take good care of me at U of M.

3 plants in a 2 x 4? Isnt that going to be crowded? Have you ever grown autos? I doing autos for the first time and they are easy to take care of.

I will keep you in my prayers Jerry. You are good people. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Only two in the tent, the other one is going in my grow box that I just used.

I actually grew two WW and one AK-47 in that tent my first grow. It worked out well. The WW topped out at 4ft and the AK was at just under 4 ft.

I am also praying for you my friend. Take care of yourself. :man_farmer:

4 Likes

I was considering autoā€™s but I had a hard time with the Blueberry auto growing about a year ago and just trashed them. I have a lot of fem seeds and am going to use them first. I was considering trying auto again with the free seeds I got from BOM but really wanted a pure indica and there are none in Autoflowering that I saw.

Hope you have a great weekend brother. Take care of yourself. Jerry:us::man_farmer:

6 Likes

Iā€™m glad your harvest should carry you. Iā€™m lucky if an ounce lasts me 3 weeks, but I smoke to maintain, not so much to get high.

Strain tolerance is a big problem for me, so I love having a variety. Plus, some smoke is better for certain things than others.

I really hope you can get good results from the new doctors. I find most around my area to be pill pushing quacks, so I donā€™t have much faith in the medical field. Fortunately, gout is my only real health problem. Everything else just stems from getting older after treating my body like a machine during many years of hard labor.

Hanging drywall for 20yrs can sure beat a body downā€¦

3 Likes

@MAXHeadRoom @Tylan @FloridaSon @MattyBear @garrigan62 @mulegal

My grow is sitting in glass jars with Boveda 62% in them. The smoke from this grow has changed quite a bit from just post drying. It seems smoother and has a great onset time. I only use for medicine and it keeps me comfortable all day which was most of what I wanted from this grow. It did not help with the insomnia as well as I thought but it has been a great medicine. I figured with 85% indica it would help insomnia better.

I am using less than a gram a day, usually closer to 1/2 gram in one or two doses to maintain. Increased doses have no additional effect on sleeping but I got so stoned one day that I was staring at the TV when wifey got home and it was on a pause screensaver. Wew, this is good stuff.

@tylan How did your skywalker come out post curing?

I have over two and a half ounces left (73 grams yesterday) and I am not going to have to worry about growing for a while. I am not going to be able to use any for 7 days or so when I am admitted for testing. My doc said specifically no pot for 4 days before admission.

I am going to start growing in about a month, maybe less. A pure indica (Afghan fem or GDP) this time. I have heard that GDP is a sleeper for sure as well as Afghan. Have to narrow it down between them.

Yaā€™ll take care and happy growing. :sunglasses: :us: :man_farmer:

4 Likes

Both those strains should be good for sleep. Especially if you let them go over 25% amber. Best of luck with your trial. No pot for 4 days would be a nightmare for me, but I know itā€™s necessary for your study. Youā€™re in my prayers along with @MAXHeadRoom. You got this!

5 Likes

The only thing it bothers with me is that I will be anxious as hell when I get admitted. We discussed that in the pre-op eval and he said that he will have me on a light dose of valium while in the hospital. I donā€™t really want that but have no choice. Thanks for the prayers !

I heard it is not recommend letting all the trichomes go amber but I have never heard of a cutoff point between, say 25% and 100%. Have you heard anything on that?

1 Like

I donā€™t let any strain get mostly amber trichomes. I like to chop around 10-15% amber personally. If you let indica strains get a decent amount of amber, the more sedative the high will be. Itā€™s like that with all strains, but more so with heavy indicas.

4 Likes

Appreciate the input. :man_farmer:

2 Likes

Matty gotcha!

For that sedative effect you need to wait for that mostly honey. Thatā€™ll put you down! Lol

3 Likes

Hey bud! Been hanging out over in the lab so havenā€™t been around here as much.

Skywalker is great. Smoking some now :sunglasses:. I prefer it much better than my Blackberry. Iā€™m almost out though ahhhh lol.

Take care Jerry and I hope youā€™re doing well!

Rob

2 Likes

Hi Rob, good to hear from you. I have been using my skywalker for medicine only and now, three months after curing, I still have just over two oz left. I figure it should last until Feb-Mar. I am starting my next grow before Thanksgiving. Gonna go with GDP or Afghan fem, both are great sleeping medicine I have been told.

Take care and good luck with your grows. Jerry :us::man_farmer:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome man. I have a tendency to over medicate lol. Please tag me if you start up a new journal around Thanksgiving. Iā€™d love to watch along again :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™m working on two cherry pies (right) and purple kush (left) in hydro. They are just starting their flowering phase :sunglasses:. Iā€™m not sure what to grow next. I wanted to do chronic widow so might have to pick some seeds up.

Take care my friend :hugs:

5 Likes

Awesome looking plants !

2 Likes

Man I wish I could do that! I maintain a high, so Iā€™m already out of my Blueberry that I harvested!

I really enjoy that GDP. Such a fantastic all around smoke. Taste, smell and effects all wrapped up in one bud!

3 Likes