The Force is Strong in this one!

Congrads on BOM, I knew you had a winner.
Maybe a blueberry auto would be easy for you. Medium CBD level. Should be easy to grow

2 Likes

Really stoked on my BOM ! I remember looking at buds like my Skywalker when I started several years ago and thought “I would never grow anything like that”. Amy came over and saw it and went crazy. She was almost drooling over it !

I decided to go with Afghan Fem or a Northern Lights fem. Like the 100% Indica with Afghan but the NL is 90/10 Indica also. Have several other Indica’s but no 100% and I wanted to see about making some hash with it. The Afghan is high CBD and NL is medium. Both these are easy grow according to the input I’ve gotten.

This next grow is going to have to run itself almost. I am going to be in and out of offices and hospitals until they find out what, if anything, they can do for me. I have been told twice that there is nothing they can do. This new Dr has discussed CBD for the treating the constant lung irritation. It is not legal in TX but he said if I want to chance using it, he was willing to see what happens. He has a friend (MD) in Colorado that works with lung patients and MMJ.

I got a new inhaler that seems to be stopping almost all the problems I have been having but am not sure if it is going to continue to work. It costs $500 for one month but I can get it for ONLY $350 (???) through my insurance. I went back to bed for three hours today and slept the whole time. That really felt nice. Of course, I used a little Skywalker before laying down and it seemed to help also. Maybe I can find some relief.

Take care brother ! :sunglasses::us::man_farmer:

7 Likes

Check the company website that manufactures it. They may offer some help like coupons, etc :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

If the doctors say there’s nothing more they can do, they shouldn’t have a problem with other forms of treatment. Maybe he’ll hook you up with his CO friend.

3 Likes

Update on grow: My young apprentice has not sacrificed in vain ! I have measured her now that she is cured sufficiently to be considered smokable.

I love her initial taste, fairly smooth and slight after taste that I am trying to figure how to describe it. Like it. Even with my breathing problems, I didn’t have problems with coughing even hitting it hard. Gives me a sativa lift and then the indica starts taking over. Helps me sleep and is immensely better than the Trazadone for sleep from the VA. Even when I use it at 9:00 pm, I can still sleep at 11:00 ! This has been great the last couple days. The world seems better when you actually get some sleep.

Wet: 5.4 oz (155 g)
Dry/Still curing: 3.5 oz (100g) May go a little lower, will check it again later.

Not bad. Best weight I have had in the Grow Box out of three grows. My last grow, SK, was 2.1 oz.

Skywalker OG was an awesome grower but I did not have the room to let her run like she wanted. This could have been a huge grow if I had another foot of width and height at the beginning of the grow. My limitations are restricting at times but I have had some good grows.

Now I have to decide whether it was worth the extra work to mainline again. Am awaiting my BOM seeds (Afghan fem) and will start a new grow. Have to decide to repeat Mainline/Manifold or just top it or maybe Scrog. Not sure I am opposed to doing Mainline again. The amount of work I have to be putting in this time should be less (hope I learned from mistakes!) and this is a 100% indica plant that is more in line with the Mainline/Manifold method.

I am going to be in and out of Dr/Hosp visits for a few months so I may just wait till the appts are over and I am breathing better. Have to wait and see.

Hoping to use the tent next month, still have garden plants in the nursery (grow tent). Need to get it cleaned out and so I can started as soon as the seeds come in.

This has been a fun grow. I learned a lot about cannabis plants in general from searching the forum and research. Looking forward to many more good grows. Ya’ll Take Care. :sunglasses::us::man_farmer:

7 Likes

I hope you can get your next grow finished before you’re out of smoke.

Still in my prayers…

2 Likes

I checked the website and they do indeed have an offer for those of us poor people that cannot afford all the ridiculous prices. Now I have to get the new doc to go with it. When he scripts it, I can get approved. It looks like, from what a friend that uses it says, I will qualify easily for the $10/month for one year. Is making me feel better after only 4 doses.

6 Likes

Thanks for the prayers, I’ll take any I can get.

I think that this last grow is going to last a considerable time. I have been using the same gram for 2 1/2 days. All I want is to be able to relax and get better. This stuff is just about perfect for me right now.

Really want to get that Afghan fem going. I would love to see a plant that is medium-high in CBD and THC is 20%. Bring it on! Understand that it is a fairly easy grow, which I am looking for. Sleeping medicine for me ! The CBD I want for calming effect and anti-inflammatory properties I am told it has.

4 Likes

Awesome :+1: we just got hold of a Merck Friday and my friend’s hubby is going to get some help from them as the insurance company will no longer pay for his heart medication :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: even after the doctor said it is medically necessary.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the drug companies have their own interpretation of “Medically Necessary” and overturn the doctors decision. Usually this is done by a non physician that sits there and refuses anyone for any reason.

4 Likes

Ugh. I’m sorry, brother, I hope you’re feeling better. I’m glad you got some good meds. :+1: :v:

Edit: the good meds being the ones you grew of course!

1 Like

Their job is to refuse all first claims.

1 Like

The drug is Eliquis, preferred over warfarin. Been on it for a while, insurance WAS paying for it but now says “limit” $$ has been reached. Yep :+1: some ignorant representatives have what can be a life/death authority over what the doctor says is best :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It’s all about the Dollar, Not what will help someone live better !

2 Likes

I did notice one thing on this grow. I apparently got all the impurities out of my weed. I noticed that yesterday, the ashes are almost pure white. Got a good flush this time. ILGM ! !

6 Likes

Got kinda down about the problems I am having getting to see the doctor I need. I asked the agent if the doctor I needed was on the program I was signing up for. He looked on the computer and said that the doctor i wanted could be seen by referral. I finally got an opening in his schedule and now the insurance said he is on but my primary doctor will not give me a referral as he said that the doctor I want in not in network. I called the insurance company and they said he was in network. Now I am trying to fight it out between them. Such Bull, can’t believe it is so hard to see the person that can take care of me. Frustrating, to be sure.

So I decided to sit down and smoke a little. Took one hit and I am way cooler already. I I am still pissed make no mistake about that, so I decided to take a look at my buds from the Skywalker. Took a little hit more and am totally relaxed now.

Man, I am not a light weight smoker, this stuff is killer. I am almost perfectly buzzed to my liking. totally relaxed but can still function, the perfect medicine for me. Am a BIG fan of Skywalker OG.

Princess Frostea did surely produce a great bud! They are all covered with resin and are super sticky, they are fully dried and curing well in my mason jars. I am going to try to get a closeup photo tomorrow. The buds literally sparkle in the light.

It is almost hockey time now. My team (Stars) is not in but there is some good competition this year. My other team that I wanted to see in the finals (Boston Bruins) got eliminated also. Guess I will fall back on the go for my conference, Western Conf, and go for the Vegas Golden Knights. An expansion team that might win it all. Too cool for a first season !

Ya’ll have a good night. :us::man_farmer:

5 Likes

Hate is a strong word, but I hate insurance companies. Legalized “protection.” I’m glad you got some good meds, bud. Go VGK!

1 Like

Before reading, please be able to recognize sarcasm.

You have to remember that you’re only a number on a balance ledger. This isn’t Burger King! You don’t get to have it your way. Your health is a low priority to the insurance companies. It only matters that your monthly pound of flesh gets paid in on time. Sad but absolutely true. The power of a criticizing rant compels you (Exorcist pun, yes) to read on.

A spinal fusions would have absolutely helped to slow down my degenerative back issues for many years. The Doc was pressing for this surgery, but the insurance company decided that this could be considered to be, preventative maintenance. Their recommended acceptable solution, to implant me with a morphine pump and also strongly suggest the use of a cane.

They’re not the doctors; yet they have move power and usually the final say. Good news though, because the insurance companies do hire smart people that have seen all the seasons of Greys Anatomy twice and most of the ER re-runs. You definitely want people that can make those informed decisions for the inept doctors.

Those idiots spent 8 years wracking up debt, poking dead people, and each other, before they actually get paid for the first time. Hell, the insurance companie only pays out to hospitals after doing as directed.
Who’s A Good Doc with a flexible outlook?
You are.
Ok, let’s play THE GAME. Now roll over for us.
That’s a good Doc. Keep it up. You deserve a treat.
Okay, let’s pay a lil bit on your heaping mound of med school loans, that you owe. Yes you do, don’t you.

———————————————————————

Your husband is lucky to be alive right now. Do you have insurance? Yes, of course. Great, with cutting edge blah blah surgery, plus a year of physical therapy, your husband will assuredly learn to walk again.
Ok I’ve got good news for you, and a lil bit of, let’s call it somewhat disappointing news. I just got off the phone with your insurance company. Unfortunately, you’re not rich, or you never would have chosen the highest deductible plan. Don’t know how I overlooked that. Hindsight, am I right!?
Sorry I brought up that whole walking again bit up before. I’ve got a lil something extra for you that just might make up for that. Its completely my bad. I should’ve checked the charts better. Don’t worry one bit, you will be going home today. After all, your plan only covers a two day stay, and You’ve been unconscious for 36hrs, Sleepyhead.
Tick Tock, your allotted 10 mins of doctor time is just about up. (Walking off) Any questions, No, Ok that’s good.
Oh what luck, here’s the nurse now with your new, non motorized wheelchair and some pain meds. Oxycontin will help some with the pain. Added bonus, after 3-6 mos you will discover that you now are ready to play the fun game of Kick the Habit. It’s a real stinker to overcome. Maybe your insurance will cover some assistance. If not, No worries. Remember that rehab is for quitters lol.
Thank goodness for insurance in tough times such as these. Why don’t you roll by on your way out, and pick out a lollipop for the ride home. Heck, your choice of color. Take 2, insurance doesn’t cover it, but I’ll just double bill them for some test that was never performed. We all do it! Gotta pad the bills if I wanna keep my vacation house in Hawaii.
Looks like you’re thinking about what I mentioned before. Sure, you absolutely could learn to walk again (crooked smile) with years of extensive PT; unfortunately, your physical therapy coverage will max out after a month. Never say never, thought.

2 Likes

Oh I know very well. You forget that I have been working in medicine since 1973 and I do know how the system works all too well. It just makes it hard to take when you realize that some snot-nosed kid sitting in an office making life and death decisions in the name of the all mighty dollar and has less training in medical conditions than the average scout having a first aid lesson.

7 Likes

Journal update: Final weight: 3.5 oz after drying.

Drying/Curing Process: The drying process has been over and am now curing. The jars are burped every other day now and they smell so good I do not want to close the jars again. My first trimming went pretty fast because I was not feeling well.

After a week on the drying rack and now are almost three weeks in curing, I decided yesterday that I was going to trim the buds even closer than I ever have. I had a lot small sugar leaves that I should have taken off sooner most likely. I was not going to take them off but I read several articles that are stating that the flavor is better with the smaller leaves taken off, even if they are small enough to form into part of the bud.

Another series of articles stated that it really makes only difference in the smoothness of the smoke. Well, for me there was no debate. If it makes it smoother, I will go for it. My lungs will appreciate it for sure ! !

The smoke from her has a sweet, almost herbal taste. The ashes from the bowl are completely white/gray and no dark parts. Looks like the extra efforts I put into the flushing paid off big time.

This grow has been a lot of work but a lot of fun and has DEFINITELY been productive for me. I am making up a list of things learned to put here soon (will likely another week or two). :us::man_farmer:

5 Likes