The Force is Strong in this one!

My prayers are with you brother. I guess when all is said and done, I have been pretty lucky even with all the bad stuff I have going on.

My apprentice is doing well but does not seem as healthy as previously. Do you have any idea on how to proceed with the buds that I burned? It is only the very top of two but I am wondering if I should amputate the offending area and leave the rest or do nothing and leave it to grow ? I have never burned a top in the lights before.

Take care brother ! :us: :man_farmer:

3 Likes

I always remove unsightly growth. For one thing I hate looking at it and I know it wonā€™t grow back normal looking. This way I can tell if there are any new problems arising.

4 Likes

I picked up a lot more than that. I added 12 inches and got about 14 with the shimming and all. Makes a lot of difference in my grow planning, can go after some ones that would be hard to hold to the shorter height !

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome!
Iā€™m happy itā€™s working out for you

2 Likes

I still say cut. One year when I was really hard up for smoke, I cut the tops off all my plants.

The only ill effect I noticed was that there is more die off in the stem than when itā€™s still in veg. On a couple of cuts the die back included the next bud down.

Some fungicide or cut paste may have helped with the couple buds I lost, but the rest of the buds seemed to fatten up nicely. The only way I can compare it is with the way a plant in veg will bush out when topped.

I did that about 3 weeks before I actually harvestedā€¦

2 Likes

I also considered taking the filter outside but it kind of defeats the design. This was designed as a mobile unit (actually have moved it twice since I made it) and I kinda want to keep it that way.

Just got an order for one grow box from a local grower. He wants to distribute me locally if I want through his Hydroponics Shop. I am going to try to start it in a month or so. Iā€™ll build one at a time. Now that I have the plans revised for two stories, I have two plans already !

Canā€™t right now as I am still on Drsā€™ orders not to lift. I am gonna mind him this time ! ! :us: :man_farmer:

7 Likes

Well, clipped off the burnt part of the tops and will see what happens. She seems to be doing OK. Gave her some Golden Tree (3.5ml) in the water today. Will feed on Friday or Saturday. Want to give her some good care. Couldnā€™t get up the strength this week.

Besides, the doc ordering me to lift nothing more than a gallon of milk till Friday. So I cheated by one day, gotta keep her alive now, have too much time invested not to finish her now. :us: :man_farmer:.

8 Likes

sheā€™s a trooper Jerry,i believe sheā€™ll make it!

2 Likes

Jerry,

Just cut the tips and be safe brotherā€¦Great News to by the way

3 Likes

Just aā€™ lookin ā€™ forward to a weekend with my old buddy and closest friend ever !

Been 40 years since I have seen him, but we talk a lot on the phone. We grew up together and went to HS together ! Seems every time I go home we never were at the same time. Heā€™s flying in from NYS in a few hours. He has a business meeting in Houston so he came in a few days early to see me and relax a little. Gonna be listening to CDB a lot (and Smoking CBD and a little ?? THC ! !) Should be an interesting weekend ! Ya,ll Take Care :us: :man_farmer::sunglasses:

PS: Gotta get to the store and get some beer, sā€™ almost afternoon. :fireworks:

11 Likes

relax with good friends Jerry!
have a good weekend!

4 Likes

The ones I topped the buds on have new growth on top of them so apparently they were not burned too bad. Happy to see her start to look healthy again. Thanks Brother. Have a great weekend ! Jerry

1 Like

Sounds like fun! Enjoy the time with your buddy.

2 Likes

Enjoy your weekend, Brother! Ya gotta love a reunionā€¦

3 Likes

MAN, what a night ! My buddy did not tell me that he was bringing another pal with him. Greg and Joe both played varsity football with me for three years in HS.

They got in at 8:00 pm and we stopped at a Buffalo Wild Wings and did not leave until they closed at 3:00 am. Luckily it was not far from home and we snuck home to my place by back roads. Felt like we were back in HS again. LOL

We sat on the porch all night drinking and destroying the better part of a Thai stick and a couple cases. I just had a pin hit a few minutes ago and am barely moving now ! Might be able to get some sleep for a while. They are sitting in chairs barely movingand Iā€™m not any better. We plan on starting again this afternoon but Greg has to be at a meeting by 10:00 am tomorrow so he will go lightly today. Joe and I will go out and find something to get into !

Hope yaā€™ll are getting better weather now. This year has been strange. Doc

12 Likes

@TxGrowman, there is not much better than good friends. Keep them close and caught up. As you know a good support team makes those chaotic times easier to navigate.

Itā€™s great to hear you dodged a bullet. Keep doing what youā€™re doing amigo.

4 Likes

Itā€™s great to be able to feel like a kid again. Even if itā€™s just for a short time. Iā€™m glad your reunion is going wellā€¦

2 Likes

My friends are at their meetings now and are gonna be busy for the week with business clients at dinners and such. That was an epic night, even comparing it to some of our younger years parties. It stayed warm all night and only got down to 67. Really rare weather for March, even for here. I am so burnt that I just want to sleep for a loooonng time !

I got invited to a really nice dinner on Thursday night, drinks and whatever afterwards. Got a feeling we are gonna be WAY too blitzed to drive. They rented me a room for the night and made sure that I am staying the night. Got a look at some of his clients and staff, I DEFINITELY want to go. They work hard but they party that way too !

Greg and I definitely need to stay in touch WAY MORE ! I have invited him to hunt Whitetail down here with a bow. He already put it on his business schedule. He is like me and kept up the archery. We had many hunts in NYS in the early 70ā€™s that I still remember. Some monster buck where we came from.

Journal Update:

The grow is kinda chugging along, not nearly the speed it was growing earlier. Getting some nice filling on the stems and smells like heaven in there.

Almost too much good smell. The filter is not taking out all the smell. I have to switch the ends on the filter and it is supposed to be good for another six months. Will find out.

Just noticed that the trunk where I split it looks like an old oak tree that got damaged and repaired itself. It looks plenty strong to finish.

Almost lights out so I am gonna close out. My computer i in the grow box room. Jerry :man_farmer: :us:

8 Likes

Iā€™m smiling for you and glad youā€™ve enjoyed being with old friends. Last time I was home I played in a golf tourney with an old buddy. We got very drunk and there is a movie of us bathing in the lake when we got home and it sounds like two teenage girls instead of 50 something y/o men. Great to live life. @TxGrowman

4 Likes

@TxGrowman you didnā€™t happen to play those silly trivia and poker games at BWW on tabletsā€¦did ya?

I know a wee bit about this lolā€¦great post. Have fun with your friends!!!

1 Like