The flowers on this plant look different

The flowers on this plant look odd.
Is it a hermaphrodite?

2 Likes

Love the reloading bench. I reload too. 6.5 Creedmoor and .338 Lapua mag.

I see no signs of a hermie, but the plant is getting too much nitrogen. Do you know your runoff pH and PPM?

4 Likes

Midwest is spot on. That dark green shiny look is too much nitrogen.
All I see are fat calyx’s. Maybe just a touch of foxtailing, but nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Good to see a fellow reloader here. I also have a Dillon 550 beside the 007.
I load 9mm, 45 acp, .357 mag 7mm rem mag, and .556.
runoff PH is 6.7 and PPM is 501.
I flushed all 3 of my plants last week.
The other 2 look like they are not happy either

1 Like

pH is pretty good for flowering. The PPM is low, but probably needed. Give the plant and chance to burn though some of the nutrients stored in the plant and do your best to maintain a runoff PPM of ~1,000 going forward.

1 Like

This doesn’t sound right. What bloom nutes are you using? 501ppm is too low imo. I would also try to lower the ph to 6.5.

I have been using Advanced Nutrients Micro/Grow/Bloom.
Soil is Fox Farms Ocean forest.
I think I over did the nutes 2 weeks ago, so I flushed last week.
The PH of my water is 7.1 soil is about 6.5 out of the bag.
How would you go about getting the PH down?

1 Like

What is your input ppms and ph. What ratios are you feeding?

I have been completely flying blind here.
I just acquired a TDS meter yesterday.
I’ve been mixing 4ml from each container to 1 liter of water.
I gave each plant 2 liters of water with nutes, the next day they started looking stressed.
They started to look worse over the next couple of days, so I flushed.

Yeah, that’s what they recommend using, but with a medium that doesn’t already have nutes in it. FFOF is pre-loaded, how old is the soil? It’s probably mostly depleted, but I bet there are still some nutes in there.

I use AN products, but give it a bit of a lighter dosage…I mix up 16 liters of water and give 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of their stuff instead of 64 ml. In ProMix so I know there is nothing else they are snacking on when I’m not looking.

And I find their products are a little high in N, so I give them less of the base and more of the supplements as they get older (Bud Candy, Big Bud, B-52).

1 Like

I’m in the states so I measure by the gallon. That’s too strong. 5ml per gallon of micro and 10ml per gallon of bloom should finish you off decently. Drop the grow completely. You should find your ph between 6.0-6.5 and ppm above 750 but lower than about 1100. I have no experience with AN but they should fall within the above numbers

1 Like