The first of many to come, lets learn together! My Grow with White Widow and Gorilla Glue!

Looking happy and healthy my friend, patience is a large part of growing :green_heart::v:

1 Like

Agreed with the above. The hurry up and wait part can suck for sure. Patience has never been at the top of my list but, something that is definitely needed :+1: :v:

1 Like

Gonna tag along for the ride if ya don’t mind growmie

1 Like

@stump Every new gromie that joins me for my ride is every extra inch on my smile. I wanna share what I learn and show the people the magic :stuck_out_tongue:!

Have you got your own grow going? Please feel free to link and share your experience! I implore others to do so, knowledge is power!

2 Likes

@Enlightened420 and @repins12

Lol I myself struggle in this aspect so I have used my spare time (and money) inventing anything I can to help me on the way (hence the photo’s of failed DWC buckets but a successful Halo watering system!!! so happy with that).

In 30 minutes after I roll up some dirt I have seeing as lock down making life hard I will post up my next update, might need some help and opinions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Seeduction here’s how my grow is going so far Back at it different set up

1 Like

Week 2 Day 3 (Seedling/Early Veg):

23C, 48%RH, 0.8EC (Only just from 0.6, mainly extra Cmag), pH 6.3 (want that Nitrogen and Cmag to really get in there until transplant).

@Enlightened420 @repins12 @Hellraiser @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Watt-Sun @Cannabian @Budz420 (I know you don’t know, but I like your thread so making you read mine hahah :rofl: )
I know I am missing so many others that may be able to help, please tag if so.

I AM SO SORRY I KNOW I ASK A LOT LOL!!! I try to offer something back with it all!

3 DIRE questions please guys for a lost Growmie (I am loving this term sorry):

1. Am I looking good to in 4-5 days transplant these into the final pots? 14L (x10 their current size). Is this looking like it is becoming time in the next week? At this point can I bump up nutrients to an adequate level like EC 1.2 - 1.6?

2. My run off is running at 0.3 EC higher and 0.5 pH higher than my feed (and this has grown from a smaller margin over the last 5 days), should I consider flushing? Or should I fertigate the plants more frequently to keep a continuous wash out of the salts to prevent them building up once the water has been taken from the plants?

3. By the information I provide and understand, the quality of my plants and the plan moving forward am I doing the right thing, I feel like my girls are telling me yes but be nicer lol, but I just need re-assurance and advice.

Ok, so as my journal has made clear I am growing in Coco, I have had what seems to be early signs of Calcium Deficiency on the very first leaves, since the new growth everything seems clear (thank the existential powers of the botanical world) and looks healthy now thanks to @Watt-Sun and Dr M.J Coco.

Below are my babies, I think I knocked a couple and caused tears :cry:, don’t drink and grow…

4 Likes

My runt turned fav, didn’t post had to put it up, this tortoise looks to demolish the hares!

2 Likes

They are looking nice and healthy! Definitely look like they are ready to stretch their legs.
I’m growing in soil - so not sure on your nutes or quantities - but they look happy.
You might find that more people take an interest in ppm and pH rather than EC and pH (it means a bit more).
Will follow along for the ride! :v:

1 Like

@Budz420 yeah I prefer PPM, its more accurate but my TDS meter for PPM failed on me, so I had to go with an EC meter but in saying that it works out essentially like this…

My understanding is as follows (please correct if wrong):

0.2 EC = 200 Millisiemens i think is the measure (not sure) = 100 PPM. (my reader literally only goes to the 0.1 decimal point and no further, so very broad reading)

So 0.1 EC for every 50PPM.

I think lol? So I will take any advice based on PPM too, I think they are looking good just concerned about the 3 proposed questions. Always good to have the support :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Oh I cant wait for them to stretch their legs and stand tall, these girls make me smile each day lol, morning and night!

1 Like

It won’t take long once they settle in!
They are a constant source of amazement - they are further on - but every time I look I’m surprised.

1 Like

Should be good for transplant next week.

Probably. I give them the nutz right from beginning. But always a plant here or there that wants to be objective.

Imo makes no sense to flush them right now. I still think you’re ph is too high going in, which will cause some nutrient build up over time. You should be feeding to runoff every time, your new solution should be at least partially rinsing your old solution out. I don’t have a lot of experience with coco yet, but so far the one thing I’ve learned is to stay the course. Feed the plant, feed it some more, and then feed it again lol. As long as your nutrient solution is complete and at reasonable strength and ph, the plants will just do what they need to do. Only problems I have seen is with giving them straight water and allowing pots to dry out. Imo worst things for your plants would be to start treating like a soil grow.

3 Likes

:+1: That’s my exact set up. It works great. I’m working on a Automatic self contained runoff removal system using a bilge pump and float and an oil drain pan. I’ll tag you when I figure it out :v:

3 Likes

@dbrn32 this is a very solid response, thank you first off.

1. Yehp, I was pretty certain they are nearly prepared 5-7 days from transplant. I read a rule (maybe you posted it lol) the root zone is the size of your plant up top your medium. Maybe it is wrong but makes sense, so I see some space for my girls being exactly what they need (like my wife after an argument :stuck_out_tongue: WHO IS A BEAUTIFUL SOUL!).

2. I have been treating them to some baby nutes, 0.4-0.6 nutes since their birth into a seedling phase (1/4 of the recommended). responding well except seem to crave more Cmag (coco does this so the story says). I think they are getting to the point to start eating a full plate of dinner not just baby spoons.

3. Ok, this means I will just drop the ph to maybe 6? I am really edgy on my pH not understanding its best points at the plants life cycle, I want a good nitro intake as well as I need my Calcium which I understand absorbs quite high to really start acting before more issues are present.
    I will drop my pH to 6.00 from here on out, I feel like the run off after more frequent feeds might stabalise.

Thanks man, always appreciate a thought out and properly presented response.

2 Likes

@Watt-Sun I am doing precisely the same thing, I want to limit the stress/movement of my plants as I know the run off is no place for my girls to be residing, I will share and tag when figured out, but I think i did it today after my trip to the best place in the world the Hydro shop :stuck_out_tongue: I am desperately trying to make an efficient self draining saucer into a small reservoir i can deposit every couple feeds.

Thanks for the noticing my watering setup, I felt proud this is all new to me irrigation.

PLEASE SHARE your adventure on trying to create your own self draining situation, would love some idea’s.

2 Likes

Never ceases to amaze me, me and mine grow veggies and all under CFL’s in prep for spring, but then comes Cannabis and it is just a magical plant in its capabilities and growth rate.

PLUS it is awesome for my auto-immune disease :slight_smile: hope to really make some great oils and butters!

2 Likes

Dbrn32 covered well, yes shoot for 6.0 or even 5.8. I shoot for 6.0 in my coco also.

3 Likes

Awesome, so say I shoot for 6.0 (I am hooked on the concept Nitrogen and Calcium absorb at higher pH’s which i understand is good for early growth, but I know there is only so far you an push this before it can be damaging), should I lower it to 5.8 coming into flowering for the phosphorous and potassium intake, or should I go straight for 5.8 now and not wait you reckon?

@Covertgrower @dbrn32

2 Likes

Most just do 6.0 all the way through.

3 Likes