The Finer Greens in Life

Kyle would be proud. Twist away

2 Likes

That’s only 3 plants? I want in on this thread too!! Wow it’s filled out on there. And not a bad idea with the tent. I got the same style with the propagation section(mine is 4×4 with 1×4 prop section). I might just be copying your idea soon. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that lol. I mean I had to put the divider in and for the past few weeks I’ve been staring at it wishing I could take it out lmao :laughing: stoney bologna

1 Like

Lol, yea only 3 plants! That’s funny lol, it leaves a little pole on the floor that is kind of a nuisance, but I laid the shelf upside down to make it level. Lol, like the other person who commented, Jerry Riggs Inc sometimes produces the best stuff!!!

1 Like

The babies are praying today!!! So happy!
I did some defoliation yesterday and they have responded quite well! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Gorgeous! Great work.

1 Like

Thanks friend!

1 Like

Absolutely. :fire:

1 Like

Let me throw up some hand clapping…
:clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

I wonder if that pole along the floor could just be removed?

:joy: yea it deafinitey could @BradsBudsMT but I’ve been too lazy, cuz I can’t get it to just pull out, the way it’s built I would have to pull the tent off the frame and take another piece out to have the room to pull it off. Or maybe I can find out an easier way. For now it’s ok :slight_smile:

Right I was calculating how to do it mid grow as well. But I have the wall up still and plants on both sides so I think I’m getting a little ahead of myself :laughing:

1 Like

Day 21, I did a pretty good amount of defoliation! Don’t usually strip this much, but really hoping to have some fat colas this time! The soil is looking really healthy from all the bokashi I can see healthy fungal growth and it seems to be retaining water a little better. I noticed the leaves closest to the lights were fading into a yellow color, so I had to turn the lights down and raise them a little bit. It’s stressing me out, hopefully doesn’t affect the yield too much. :confused: it slowly started to turn yellow over a couple weeks so I don’t think it was burned too badly.

5 Likes

Hey guys, I’m getting some slight yellowing with little brownish dots near the veins. I thought it was maybe light stress from lights being full blast and the plants being too close. But it’s showing up on random leaves and not always directly under the light. Any ideas? Calcium deficiency? @yoshi @Low @Newt @beardless @HappyHydroGrower @Flitme @MidwestGuy @Myfriendis410

Hard to judge. Calcium, pH issue in medium, potassium?

Do you have ph and ppms in and out?

that indicates a soil pH issue to me. Either too high or low at the roots. Have you done regular pH testing of runoff? Where was it before the yellowing started compared to now.
See what others have to say.

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

@beardless @Low , I thought you were right about the ph, I checked and the runoff is 6.5…. So I don’t think that’s the problem. On the other hand, I am running a much better light system this time around, so I’m guessing the plants are really chowing down on nutes. And I do NOT have a cal-mag supplement. Up until now I haven’t needed one. But since ph is fine, dont you think it’s most likely just a calcium deficiency? Also I am providing plenty of potassium, with my bloom feed, bloom booster, and molasses on just water days. The potassium should be fine. I think this all points to calcium, but I have never had a cal deficiency before, so judging by the pictures, does it look like a calcium deficiency?

1 Like

High quality LEDs eat through CalMag like crazy… higher levels eat more. Have you tried to up that?

1 Like

That’s what I have concluded! I think it’s the intensity of my new LEDs. Like I said, I have never needed a cal-mag supplement before so I don’t have one. I’m going to pick one up tomorrow. I think you are right, my lights are really intense, I have two of them now and the plants are fairly close so I had to turn them down. The plants were starting to get light stress closest to the lights causing them to fade to yellow slowly. Then after fixing that, this problem appeared, which to me definitely looks like calcium deficiency. Thanks for the input. I think you hit the nail on the head. I’ve been reading other articles about LEDs increasing the need for cal-mag. And these lights are definitely the best I’ve ever had, I think it’s just causing the plants to really chow down on nutes. @Underthestairs

1 Like

I’m going to let them professionals handle this them grow pros moderators , cause I don’t want no bodies problem , I’ll wait a day or so if not I’ll answer it for you Sir on how to fix this easily and it never happened again after I explain what caused it .

1 Like