The End is Near - How Close Am I to Harvest?

Harlequin
Planted on 2/15
Flip to 12/12 on 3/18

Saturday will be 8 week since flip and I am wanting to harvest for the solid body buzz w/clear & energizing high.

According to the vid below, week 8-9 should be good to go. Should I harvest now, wait another week till say the 20th or should I wait longer for the effects I want?

Thanks again for all the help in this process, I have learned a lot and am excited to see how I did. I think I want to try Blue Dream next.

9 Likes

I’m thinking +/- 2 weeks. I put this topic on watch, post fresh pics in a week or so and I’ll check them out. You still have a lot of fresh pistils to think it would be much sooner.

13 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

6 Likes

Very pretty flower! This your first?

9 Likes

Yes, it is the first time I have grown anything. This has been a really cool process and I have learned a lot.

10 Likes

Many of us dont count the first 2 weeks from flip as “flower”, it’s “preflower” as in pre-flower stage or the transitioning period.

7 Likes

Beautiful flowers you are doing a great job. I agree you have a few more weeks to go. :blush::v:

5 Likes

The dreaded answer of “two weeks” lol. Patience, anything great is worth the wait.

5 Likes

Very nice good job , a little more time she has more to offer. :v:

4 Likes

Congratulations so far so good right?!?! Welcome to your new fave hobby

4 Likes

Your plants look great congratulations on making it this far

4 Likes

So today marks 8 weeks from flip and I am getting concerned about leaves started looking weird on Thursday and so I researched and thought I might be over watering or feeding, so I went approx 1.5 days between watering.

I just watered tonight and probably about 32-26 ounces. Only water and no nutrients. I have never been clear on how much water/nutrients to give per feeding, I read so many different things. So I kind of wing it.

Any advice on issue with plant? I think I am still good, just do not want to mess up this close to the end.

Here are the leaf issues

Here are close ups of my buds. Am I still couple weeks from harvest? I am using for medical, so I am looking for the best time to start harvesting for a solid body buzz with clear & energizing high that will keep me focused. So I am not sure at what point to harvest to get that. Hope that makes since.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

2 Likes

Generally, you want the entire pot soaked then allow to dry out prior to soaking pot again. To ensure your pot is soaked most will tell you to water slowly to a decent amount of runoff.

Yes.

This is going to have a lot to do with genetics, and then harvesting with trichomes cloudy.

1 Like

Should I be using nutrients every time?

Sorry, I forgot to mention this is Harlequin strain and from what I understand if I want more CBD harvest early or more THC harvest later. So I was just wondering if I would know about when THC starts increasing and CBD starts decreasing as way to tell when best time to harvest for said/desired effects.

Thanks for all your info.

1 Like

This depends on a lot of variables. Media you’re growing in, nutrients used, concentration you’re feeding, and where you’re at in grow. This is separate from watering, which will also depend on all the stuff mentioned above. There is no one size fits all to growing weed, best practices come down to details in which apply to your grow.

You still have a ton of white pistils, which is besides everything else. The plant pictured is not “finished”. Once you see the majority of pistils coloring up and receding then becomes a matter of wanting to harvest this early or late.

4 Likes

Sorry to post this here but I couldn’t figure out how to message you directly if you even can. I was looking through a lot different topics last night about popping seeds and saw that your answers and advice coincided with my way of thinking. So my question to you is, when the seeds are in cup of water and they start forming a tiny little tail on them do you take them out and put them in a paper towel, keep them in water until the tail gets longer? Thanks man!

1 Like

I don’t use cup of water at all. Not that I feel there is anything wrong with soaking in water, it’s just not something I do. I have seen several post using exact method you posted and I think that would be fine.

I use sterile tweezers to remove seed from packaging and place seeds directly into wet paper towel that’s been folded over a few times. Then place paper towel in ziplock with some air trapoed inside, and place the ziplock on top of my cable box. Check it after 48 hours and then every day after that. Once i see any sort of tail protruding I use sterile tweezers to remove from paper towel and place husk down/tail up in my media just deep enough so there is 1/4"-1/2" of media covering. Gently sweep media over the top, and place in my grow tent.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, I am understanding better now. I was confusing that with something else I think. Anyways, I really do appreciate the help.

2 Likes

Why do you keep deleting your posts? I apologize for not being super fast to respond, but I’m willing to help when available.

1 Like