The Don and the Dancer. Grow journal of Godfather OG, Gold Leaf, and auto Do Si Dos

I know it looks sad now, but you should’ve seen it before.

On a good note, the near-death experience seems to have nearly doubled the trichomes on the plants, visually.

1 Like

This is the other plant:

And only a week ago, this was the two of them. How quickly things can change.

1 Like

My two auto-flower plants are doing so much better. One of them is wind blown from being outside. The other one has a bunch of yellowing leaves, which I assume is normal in this situation?

1 Like

I have multiple plants of each strain and none of them have as many trichomes as this one. I can’t believe how many there are. This picture doesn’t do it justice. Is this normal for any strain?

2 Likes

Natural light do si dos autos. These have been through a lot of issues in my first grow and they’re still trucking away.

Natural light gold leaf:

Notice the closeup of the bud showing an absolutely amazing amount of trichomes. It’s different than any of my other 10 plants and I haven’t figured out why, yet. Foop sweetener? Worm castings/tea? Genetics? Pheno? All of the above? I’m stoked to harvest all of those trichomes in a couple months for some hash….browns?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

While these pictures aren’t the greatest taken with a jewelers Lupe and my phone, I’m definitely starting to see amber trichomes. Do any experts want to weight in? I don’t want to harvest too late or too early. In the picture with the dog hair, you can see them the best.

1 Like

Starting to see some beautiful flowers full of trichomes on all of my Godfather OGs and gold leaf plants.

1 Like

Already having to prop some of the branches up. The weight of the buds already is crazy. This is going to be a fun harvest.

I still haven’t harvested my autoflower do si dos. Since transplanting them, they went from near dead to pushing out a ton more pistils and creating more surface for trichomes. There are suddenly lots of clear ones again.

1 Like

Chopping day for one of my two do si dos autos tomorrow. The o e that was topped is a bit ahead of the other one and the colas are tiny compared to the untopped plant. I’ll cure them in separate containers and get final dry weights.

The do si dos that I topped got chopped today. You wouldn’t believe how amazing it smells. The other one has another week or two to go.

2 Likes

I did a bud wash and wet trim. I didn’t want to mess with the buds while they’re dry to avoid messing the trichomes up. Wow! I have a lot of trim. This bud is super sticky.

Thoughts after my first harvest:

-I’m glad it was only an auto-flower, so far.
-thankfully the next is a week or two away from harvest.
-the other plant should be off my drying rack by then, right?
-I have 10 more plants to harvest?

• better get some more trimmers, just in case the next trichomes superglue them shut. Yikes!
    -what am I going to cook with all of that trim?
    -that smell after chopping is unbelievable. It really starts smelling good when you start gathering buds together.
    -there seems like I faced a lot of issues…learning experiences… the first grow and will be better equipped for the second.
    -those Viparspectra lights are pretty awesome for the price.
    -how much larger are those photo buds going to get?
    -will I need to transplant more plants? Still two months to flower? Wow!
    -are we there, yet? How about now?
  • FOOP is a great fertilizer.
    -Did I mention that amazing smell of do si dos buds?
1 Like

Nice looking buds. How do they taste? It looks like you learned a lot on that grow.

1 Like

@noddykitty1 The best weed I’ve ever had in 29 years of smoking. The taste and smell are indescribable and they haven’t even started curing. The sister do si dos auto will be ready in a week or two. It was un-topped as an experiment while the harvested one was topped. This one has colas that are 3x larger than the topped one

I definitely recommend growing this strain at least once.

2 Likes

Did I mention the high? I smoke carts because of the high thc content and ease. I sampled one of these buds from the dehydrator again last night and I was lights out. These buds are very potent. I bet the other plant is even better with the size of those buds.

“Shaken, not stirred.”

There’s quite a bit of trichomes-loaded trim. Some buds were so small, they also ended up in here.

1 Like

RO water and a bag of ice. Ice melted and there’s still trichomes all over this trim. They don’t want to get harvested. More ice on the way.

1 Like

No rushing here. This first plant is drying about as good as it gets in my makeshift drying tent. It’s 30% humidity outside so this is good stuff.

1 Like

One of my plants is clearly stunted. Everything on it looks great, but the pistils are showing stress and the flowers are small. It doesn’t seem to be throwing pistils right now, except possibly a few on the very top. None of the other 8 plants are having any issues. This is the only one that I fimmed.

After watering, the pistils seem a bit less stressed. I’m thinking this one just wants a lot more water?

For comparison sakes, here’s the same strain. Almost no stress (browning pistils) on this one.

1 Like

This one is starting to brown, but this is normal. The other was clearly something else.

1 Like