The darn rain will not stop

Well with 2to 3 days of rain coming I am at a crossroads. If I want to salvage some thing of a harvest this year. I think the outside girls will have to be chopped tonight. I have battled bud rot early on in mid august so I think it is a no brained. I think they are about 8 to 9 days out from finish

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

1 Like

Look like they still have little ways to go. 8-9 days, maybe. I’m not really sure what overall condition of plant is.

2 Likes

Not knowing more about the weather, or the plants, I think it would be better to chop early, than lose them.

2 Likes

I can’t tell you anything, I think you’ve seen my last couple of posts. I just hope you get the best outcome possible. Good luck!

1 Like

Yeah , plants look like they could use a little more time. You could always split the difference Harvest half of plants and leave the rest till first Frost. Add some Support sticks buds get heavy outside in the rain. Just my thoughts good luck

2 Likes

I too battle rot Since I live in the moist and rainy Pacific Northwest here in Oregon.
My experience has been that I’ll see some spots of rot but it won’t completely wipe out a plant unless I ignore it.

There are also harmless sprays you can mist onto the plant that raise the pH of the leaf… It makes it harder for the rot to grow

Bottom line… Don’t panic but do keep a close eye on it

www.SmartOregonHomeBuyer.com
“Giving Knowledge & Confidence To Home Buying”

1 Like

Thanks for all the fine input. Looking ahead the weather looks like a chance of rain with humidity in the mid 80s to mid 9ps threw the weekend. I hate these decisions. They are in 20 gallon plastic barrels with holes drilled in the bottom. Rain everyday or night since last Tuesday.