The Couch Files:Indica grows by the AlienBrew

First thing first….respect to all of the growers here on the forum. I know how difficult it is to get everything needed to get up n running. I try to keep myself informed, n may have offered up an opinion r 2 cents worth, on a subject, r pic?? So some of u may have crossed my small pathway through the shadows
So here’s the “skinny” on what I got going on. I’m a dirt farmer, that’s how I learned, n it ain’t broke, sooo dirt it is…I use
Fox Farm Happy Frog, n Ocean Forest, worm casting perlite, a big pinch of steamed bone meal, n some shakes of a micro nute. No preference here
Pots range n size from Solos upwards to10 gallons. My preference is a 5 gal r 7 gal for forever homes, with the solos going into quart pots before hand.
N again whatever type pot u want, no preference from me.
For lighting I’ll start with my propagation area, 12”x36” for 4’ total area,
HLG lights this area with its
65V2-65W LED seed n clone light.
My veggie room, (a loose term, at best) it’s 54”x36” total area. A reflective sheet of double bubble insulation separates the two. Just pull it down n clip it to the table, n it keeps ‘em separated, but n the same room. A law requirement, n my legal to grow state
Back to lighting n veg room. It’s got a……
HLG 300L B-Spec LED veg only 30-250W to service what amounts to a 41/2’x3’ area.

The bud room is 6’x8’, w/ several lights to achieve proper coverage, they b an
HLG 600L R-Spec LED flower, 100-600W, w/ an attached. HLG-30 UVA LED supplement, 30W.
Also a
HLG 300L R-Spec LED flower 30-250W
next up is
HLS UV/IR V3 R-Spec 260W, 30-250W
Then a Spider Farmer SF 1000, to cover a darker corner area, so another 10 - 100W LED QB, with Samsung tech.
N for the hell of it, come time for ph’d H2O only, usually the last 10, 12, rrrr 14 days I got a couple cheap,(Chinese) bud enhancers, a
Carambola 2’x2’ LED red, far red, n IR, + a
1000LM 225 LED Blue spec “medical” supplemental, After a quick check, these cheap Chinese boards power up to a whopping 14W each…lol :joy:, but the sob’s work……till they don’t :rofl: :joy::joy: lmao. Come time I’ll isolate the plant exposing her to lower temps, just by removing her from the room. N run the 2 enhancers 12-12 vertically. N I’ll also hang a UVB reflector 18” above for 45 mins. before light’s out. Not sure what everyone thinks of running the UVA & B, r the far reds, n IR, imo it’s worth the time n money, it’s shows n the grow. Remember though these ain’t nuthin to b fn around with, reds run hot, n so does UVB, eye protection I wear.
As for instruments I got a Hach Pocket Pro plus, for PH. N a cheap Blue Lab PENCOM, for EC-PPM
I’m not a stickler on the numbers, been at it long time n ph is my major concern, plus how the plant looks of course.

So on to nutes, at the present I’m running Jacks 123 for tap water…along side
Fox Farm’s n their 10 r 12 bottles of liquid……AU, as much as it $$.
I ph to 6.0 - 6.5 n both Jacks n FF, everything actually
When I first started it was seabird guano 10-10-2 along with Alaskan More Bloom, r GH Kool Bloom 0-10-10, with a bit of Superthrive for micro, nute, vitamins, n kelp, it’s like 0.5-0-0. I had the cheapest ph tester, n of course a soil temp tester. It was hilarious, the crap never worked. It would take forever to ph even a gallon of water. Like I said fn hilarious :joy: :joy: :rofl:

For the environment n veg I keep the RH at 42% to 48%, with temps going 65 to 75 degrees. N bud it’s 42% to 52% RH, with temps at 63 to 75 degrees. I don’t use tents, I’m n a b/r n my basement, that connects under the stairwell to the room I built just for vegging. This allows me control of the environment, using my homes HVAC system with great results. Ummm… as for using CO2, all I can say is when I’m n the bud room…… I’m a breathing like a mo fo, like hyperventilating, so I’m gunna say yes. I use as much as I can, like all I got when I’m n there.
If I didn’t cover everything let me know… I guess some pics r n order… Some Blue Cheese from ILGM. Been n flower 3 weeks ??? have a look

Plus I got some ILGM GFOG growin on, got 6 actually 2 clones, 2 veggin, n 2 n flower, well one that’s going to visit the Chinese, n one that’s drying n my basement. Got a couple few decent pics I think

Been running clones from the GF ahh ??? Not sure it’s been awhile, I plan on running them out.
I’m looking for a strain that can actually deliver on the couch lock effect…r even getting some remote relief from pain. Is that strain out there?? Naaaa I’ve always been 1/2 empty…lol :smile: :joy::joy: :rofl::rofl:

23 Likes

Dam finger it touched something that posted this up before I was done typing lol :joy: :joy::joy: get used to that crap. I’m the slowest sob trying to communicate on the phone typing, that it pisses me off! But it is what it is…ummm I guess I need to tag some people n
@Fieldofdreams, @SilvaBack203 , @ConcreteBudz, @Pinboy @Graysin @Turbonelson … I sighed up here on the forum, everyone is welcome, I love seeing other’s grows, let’s see if I can do this.

10 Likes

I’m with you I want something that will help me sleep and relieve the pain!
I’ll follow along if you don’t mind :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Have you tried purple punch?

3 Likes

It grows great and knocks me out. I’ve personally never grown it but I will get around to it .

1 Like

A short easy read on blue/far-red effects on three different flowering plants… I like reading this stuff though I probably won’t use it or act on it…

1 Like

Wow you have a great space and great setup! The girls are lookin beautiful, I’m set to watch!

2 Likes

Check out Grand Daddy Purple, I use it for pain (O.A) and sleep.

3 Likes

Nice looking plants and grow space

t yet @matty777 but I’m willing to try almost anything :sunglasses:

I grew it once it was okay for daytime, at least for me lol

You set the scene nicely

I’ll be in the gallery

4 Likes

Nice set up - I’ll hop on this here couch and enjoy the watch. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Set to watch here. Looking great, keep up the good work brother !

1 Like

I’m on you AB like white on rice brotha!!! Set to watch

2 Likes

Great green! I am going to stalk for this if you don’t mind. The space is great.
4Tkdz39XtGaLACQAVA

2 Likes

As I said everyone is welcome, open debate encouraged, as long as it doesn’t get me n trouble. Pics r always welcome, I love, love, love seeing others grows, n their work around’s, for problem solving. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

I haven’t tried purple punch, I have read good things about it though. I’m stacked with beans at the moment, but it’s on my to buy list. So I’ll also get around to it also. Stay lit :fire: my friend

2 Likes

I’ve read several articles from various mags. n researched the subject from several different perspectives. Although finding newer studies is difficult. It seems that various lighting companies tend to manipulate the curve, r use differing numerical starters.:laughing: Bottom line, until there’s a universally agreed upon solution, the numbers will always vary. imo anyway….just the way they like it. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Thanks @Deepsix I have tried GDP, one seed returned me 6 r 7 plants. I’m sure I got some pics, because I couldn’t keep them under 6’r7’ tall.

This was the eventual results

for the GDP that I grew. I do still have some curing so I’m not worried. I’m still holding seeds also.

2 Likes

@Pinboy I owe u an apology, I’m fairly sure when u started up, u were looking for help with ur lights. N I had no clue how to hook up with ya, still couldn’t do it to this day. Sorry about that my friend, I still feel terrible about it.
With that out of the way thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot to me. Ur more than welcome to join n anytime. Stay lit :fire:

2 Likes