The Coir Explorers

I am trying my thumbs at doing an entire grow in a mix of coco loco and coir chips. I have 8 monster cropped GG4 clones that are farther along, and a bunch of new seedlings. I have no real idea what I have gotten myself into. But that hasn’t stopped me before.

11 Likes

And my 8 Coir clones, in 3,5, and 7 gallon pots. image|374x500

8 Likes

Thats going to be a lot of green growing . lol . I would like to ride along , I have a lot to learn still . How many seedlings ?

4 Likes

I grow in coco and love it. Very stable ph and control of nutes.

6 Likes

I got to try some coco on my next plants . Does it help keep bugs away ?

1 Like

Definetly does and was another reason I started using it.

4 Likes

Yup ,I think the FFOF I’m getting is infested with bug larvae so I’m going to switch over . Bugs in the summer is one thing but in the winter ain’t right . Thanks Fam .

1 Like

Total of 19 seedlings, 3 strains. All are regular seeds from strains I made. Hoping to end up with 8 girls in 1 gallon pots, 2 in each tub. My motivation for this grow is simplicity. Grow Hydro in summer Texas heat, no too hot water temps, no root rot, no air pump, no water pump. Call it hydro without headache.

4 Likes

Got up to find my one gallon pots 6 pak holders had fallen into the tubs. I added a solo cup under each pot to support its weight. Then I gave the eight clones each 1 1\2 quarts of nutes. The cour chip\ cocoloco mix definitely holds moisture. I have the seedlings set up to hand water each pot until runoff into the tubs, then remove runoff. The bottom of pots are 5 inches above the tub bottom.

2 Likes

5 Likes

For my cloth pots, I use round tray to sit pot in, then raised pots up so they will drain. I cut off a bucket top and pot sits on it, about 3 inches above tray.

7 Likes

Your plants and your 70s linoleum are both rocking it!

7 Likes

Hey, that linoleum was all the rage in high school.

6 Likes

Looking awesome! Please tag me in i’d Love to follow along : )

1 Like

Glad to have you along for the fun. Just understand I don’t really know squat yet about growing like this. But I have High hopes.

2 Likes

I have a total of four 288v2 boards over area 36x40 inches. My first grow using QB’s. I have them at 90% and 30 inches above. I moved all the Solo cup seedlings into their 1gallon pots yesterday. Everything looks fine this morning. Watered all the pots with 1 cup of nutes each at 550 ppm. Things ok as long as I don’t cook my plants w the lights

3 Likes

You can probably run them a decent amount lower. You just kind of have to watch getting them too close too fast.

2 Likes

Hope to leave lights where they are, let em grow up into them until I have to raise them. This is my first qb grow. Never had a decent light before. These may need an iv drip to keep up

3 Likes

You will love the control and growth you get out of the QB’s. Closer with the driver turned down will likely keep your plants happy and will reduce your electrical bill (which might keep OTHER family members happy haha).

3 Likes

@Bogleg or anybody really. WTH am I supposed to be doing when the roots start coming through the bottom of the 1gallon plastic pots? They are already. They will be hanging in air. Bottom of pots are 5 inches above bottom of tubs they are in.

6 Likes